Flushing toxins into the blood

CastorTroy

Do you know practical ways to force flushing tissue accumulated toxins to the blood, prior to bloodletting or blood extraction?

Fasting is the only thing that comes to my mind.

Source Code

Golden Seal is pretty powerful, I think you'd probably just need to go to the toilet to flush them out. Maybe some magnesium oxide to help facilitate that?

mostlylurking

Do you know practical ways to force flushing tissue accumulated toxins to the blood, prior to bloodletting or blood extraction?

Fasting is the only thing that comes to my mind.
If you force flushing toxins into the blood, it is really really important to have your liver in great shape so it can handle the toxins as it is the liver's job to detox the toxins. If you overwhelm your liver with toxins very bad things can happen.

Improving your liver's health will be very beneficial to your health. Ray Peat touches on liver health frequently.

(scroll down to the articles on raypeat.com.)

OP
C

CastorTroy

If you force flushing toxins into the blood, it is really really important to have your liver in great shape so it can handle the toxins as it is the liver's job to detox the toxins. If you overwhelm your liver with toxins very bad things can happen.

Improving your liver's health will be very beneficial to your health. Ray Peat touches on liver health frequently.

(scroll down to the articles on raypeat.com.)

I know about the liver to be healthy. But my question is for practical methods to do this flushing.

mostlylurking

I know about the liver to be healthy. But my question is for practical methods to do this flushing.
I've been through some serious detox treatments: EDTA IV chelations (80+), hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments, also a blood treatment where they sucked out blood, ran it through an ultra-violet light chamber thingy, then put it back in me. Can you please describe what the treatment is you are getting? Are they going to clean your blood, then put it back into you? Or, are they just removing a pint of blood like a blood donation?

A-Tim

I've been through some serious detox treatments: EDTA IV chelations (80+), hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments, also a blood treatment where they sucked out blood, ran it through an ultra-violet light chamber thingy, then put it back in me. Can you please describe what the treatment is you are getting? Are they going to clean your blood, then put it back into you? Or, are they just removing a pint of blood like a blood donation?
Damn. Which did you find most useful?

OP
C

CastorTroy

Removing blood, like in a blood donation. It's similar to bloodletting, to decrease high ferritin, but I thought on methods to force some accumulated toxins in tissues into the blood to take more advantage of the procedure than just the ferritin. My liver/kidneys are in perfect shape.

mostlylurking

Removing blood, like in a blood donation. It's similar to bloodletting, to decrease high ferritin, but I thought on methods to force some accumulated toxins in tissues into the blood to take more advantage of the procedure than just the ferritin. My liver/kidneys are in perfect shape.
I think that would be a pretty dangerous thing to try. How old are you? What is your toxin load comprised of? Got any heavy metals? Most all of us do to some degree. A high level of toxins coursing through your blood system could wreak havoc in that nice liver and kidneys of yours, not to mention your brain. Your body has parked your lifetime accumulation of toxins in the safest places in your body it can find, including your bones and your fat.

@A-Tim

Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to detoxing the body. My first detoxification that included the things that I mentioned above was done over a period of two years. I also seriously cleaned up my diet and my environment and was on a doctor supervised vitamin and mineral supplementation. I remember having to swallow handfuls of vitamin pills (16 big b-complex pills/day was just part of it), along with things like Meyer's Cocktail IVs and IVs of vitamin c.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

I've been through a lot of health problems over the years. My main problem has been and continues to be heavy metal poisoning, including mercury and lead. The most beneficial thing that I've ever found has been high dose thiamine hcl. Heavy metals (mercury, lead) bind up/destroy the body's thiamine. Every cell in the body needs thiamine for oxidative metabolism (to make the cell's energy, ATP). The immune system and the body's innate detox system cannot work properly if there is a thiamine deficiency/functional blockage.

dukesbobby777

Just go on a low-carb diet and do lots of fasting. I wouldn't recommend it though, unless you want to give your liver and kidneys a good hammering.

mostlylurking

I'd like to try to provide a few links to articles about thiamine and toxins. This is some interesting stuff!
"Glyoxals are reactive alpha-oxoaldehydes that are formed endogenously from sugars, the levels of which are increased in various pathological conditions associated with hyperglycaemia and thiamine deficiency. However, the molecular cytotoxic mechanisms of glyoxal are not known. Results presented here and in the other studies cited provide a glimpse into the cytotoxicity mechanisms involved and their pathological implications. We found that glyoxal (10 microM) markedly increased the susceptibility of hepatocyte glutathione (GSH) to oxidation by hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) and markedly increased cytotoxicity by compromising the cellular antioxidant enzyme system. At higher concentrations, glyoxal was cytotoxic towards hepatocytes, which can be attributed to GSH depletion, oxidative stress and mitochondrial toxicity. Aminoguanidine or penicillamine protected the hepatocytes. Glyoxal cytotoxicity was prevented by increasing glyoxal metabolism with thiamine or NAD(P)H generators, and was increased in GSH- or thiamine-deficient hepatocytes. It was also found that feeding rats reduced thiamine levels in a diet high in simple sugars increased the number of aberrant crypt foci/colon in the absence of clinical evidence of beriberi. This was associated with decreased plasma thiamine and low erythrocyte transketolase activity. Western diets, which are frequently poor in thiamine and high in sugars, could result in increased levels of endogenous glyoxals, which in turn may lead to a predisposition to AGE (advanced glycation end-product)-related pathologies and neoplastic conditions."
-end paste-

"Thiamine (vitamin B1) is an essential nutrient and indispensable for normal growth and development of the organism due to its multilateral participation in key biochemical and physiological processes. Humans must obtain thiamine from their diet since it is synthesized only in bacteria, fungi, and plants. Thiamine deficiency (TD) can result from inadequate intake, increased requirement, excessive deletion, and chronic alcohol consumption. TD affects multiple organ systems, including the cardiovascular, muscular, gastrointestinal, and central and peripheral nervous systems. In the brain, TD causes a cascade of events including mild impairment of oxidative metabolism, neuroinflammation, and neurodegeneration, which are commonly observed in neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease (AD), Parkinson's disease (PD), and Huntington's disease (HD). Thiamine metabolites may serve as promising biomarkers for neurodegenerative diseases, and thiamine supplementations exhibit therapeutic potential for patients of some neurodegenerative diseases. Experimental TD has been used to model aging-related neurodegenerative diseases. However, to date, the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying TD-induced neurodegeneration are not clear. Recent research evidence indicates that TD causes oxidative stress, endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress, and autophagy in the brain, which are known to contribute to the pathogenesis of various neurodegenerative diseases. In this review, we discuss the role of oxidative stress, ER stress, and autophagy in TD-mediated neurodegeneration. We propose that it is the interplay of oxidative stress, ER stress, and autophagy that contributes to TD-mediated neurodegeneration."
-end paste-

Heavy metal toxicity depletes thiamine and causes thiamine deficiency. Supplementing thiamine is known to resolve the symptoms of heavy metal poisoning. These symptoms match the symptoms of thiamine deficiency. Some researchers believe that thiamine actually helps the detox system remove the heavy metal from the body.

"The influence of dietary supplementation with thiamine on lead (Pb) contents in blood and tissues, blood δ-aminolevulinic acid dehydratase (δ-ALAD) activity, and urinary excretion of δ-aminolevulinic acid (δ-ALA) was evaluated in male Sprague-Dawley rats. Groups of randomly selected animals were given a thiamine-deficient diet, a diet containing normal thiamine (20 mg/kg), or a thiamine-supplemented diet (50 mg/kg), along with control drinking water or water containing 100 ppm Pb, for 4 mo. Animals fed the thiamine-supplemented diet (50 mg/kg) and Pb showed decreased urinary excretion of δ-ALA and a decreased inhibition of δ-ALAD activity in blood compared to those given Pb with normal thiamine diet. The liver, kidney, and blood of rats receiving supplemental thiamine also contained significantly less Pb than the other two treatment groups given Pb-containing water. The protective effect of thiamine against Pb toxicity may be attributed to its interference with retention of the metal in body tissue, possibly resulting from the formation of excretable thiamine-lead complexes."

then there's endotoxin:
"This study revealed that THA (thiamine) may be a viable prophylactic treatment option for the prevention of liver injury occurring in endotoxemia, which is associated with its effects on the modulation of Gal-3 to improve the inflammatory response and the inhibition of galactose metabolism. Additional evidence is provided for its clinical application."

Last edited:

TheCodez

I've been through a lot of health problems over the years. My main problem has been and continues to be heavy metal poisoning, including mercury and lead. The most beneficial thing that I've ever found has been high dose thiamine hcl. Heavy metals (mercury, lead) bind up/destroy the body's thiamine. Every cell in the body needs thiamine for oxidative metabolism (to make the cell's energy, ATP). The immune system and the body's innate detox system cannot work properly if there is a thiamine deficiency/functional blockage.
Have you ever tried Emeramide? I'm currently on about day 70 of 400mg / day. My memory issues have probably 80% resolved.

mostlylurking

Have you ever tried Emeramide? I'm currently on about day 70 of 400mg / day. My memory issues have probably 80% resolved.
I have not. Is this the same thing exactly as Boyd Haley's product that has been held up by the FDA for over 14 years? I spoke with my environmental dentist about Haley's work and product a few weeks ago and he said he is good friends with Haley and he is still waiting for the FDA to approve the product.

If I was having symptoms of mercury poisoning I would probably try the product before the FDA official stamp of approval (that may never come). However, I'm doing really well (for now) so I don't feel the urgency to do so.

I've had really bad episodes in the past; evidently for some reason the mercury will break loose (get into circulation) and cause symptoms (mainly brain function) but that has not happened since around 2000-2002. When that happened, I did an EDTA IV chelation challenge test (that did NOT provoke mercury release) and my mercury showed to be very high on the test results so I did 20 chelation treatments with DMSA + EDTA IVs. It seemed to help, or my mercury went back into storage, I don't know.

-edit-
I have had two other major episodes since 2002. In 2014, I was undergoing EDTA chelation for lead poisoning. The doctor did not check my thiamine status prior to chelating me. Halfway through the 40 treatments, I got really sick with rheumatoid arthritis. I recovered with the help of Ray Peat's knowledge (I started supplementing thiamine, niacinamide, riboflavin, progesterone, magnesium) and a great endocrinologist who optimized my thyroid medication.

The second episode happened after I took Bactrim antibiotic summer of 2020. Bactrim blocks thiamine function. Fall of 2020 I started taking higher doses of thiamine hcl and researched thiamine a LOT. I managed to recover; I decided to follow Dr. Costantini's protocol and have regained my health.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Boyd Haley's website has this info:

Emeramide, a safe metals chelator and antioxidant

Emeramide is an exceptionally safe and effective lipophilic, blood-brain-barrier passing metal chelator and antioxidant being developed by EmeraMed Limited. It is currently going through the European Medical Agency (EMA) and the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) drug approval process.

Warning: Counterfeit Emeramide sold illegally in EU & USA

Counterfeit Emeramide is being sold under our various trade names (OSR#1, NBMI, emeramide) and tests have shown that it is not emeramide. This is unsafe and illegal and we are continuously in contact with the various regulatory authorities to take action.

-end paste-

I have found great cerebral improvement via high dose thiamine hcl. Because I have heavy metals poisoning my glutathione level was very low for many years. TTFD thiamine uses glutathione to work so I reacted badly to it. The promoters of TTFD say that thiamine hcl does not get into the brain. However, Dr. Costantini (who successfully treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients with thiamine hcl) said that thiamine hcl gets into the brain just fine if the dose is high enough to flood the body with it. In addition, the high dose thiamine hcl has normalized my glutathione level so I feel healthy now and my brain function is good. I've been taking 1 gram of thiamine hcl 2Xday since 2/1/2021.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals