Found The Safest Soap To Use During Shower

Is it safe?

• Yes safe to use all over (Even on genitals etc)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Only safe to use limited (Just armpits etc)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No not safe

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Steve123

Been looking for a non toxic soap to use, Is this one okay?: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017V47QR2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A214Y4H9JL1FHD&psc=1

It says the ingredients (Pure, unscented version): Sodium Cocoate. Which is made up of just organic coconut oil and Lye

"We only use 100% certified extra virgin coconut oil and cook this oil with "lye" (a strong base, the basic alkaline ingredient for *every* soap on the planet) to make the soap. In this process called "saponification", the lye reacts with the coconut oil to create pure coconut soap (sodium cocoate). We do not put anything else in the soap" Is that okay to use all over body? Genital etc?

This seems to be the best one i can find that's UK accessible, Unless someone has a better suggestion (Not willing to order from abroad for some soap, i know lifegivingstore offer a soap..

LA

this one is okay and is easier to find. Vitacost sells it so I can order with organic coffee and whatever else we need in order to make the free shipping. Plus they still take orders over the phone so I feel like I am helping real people keep their jobs instead of having machines run everything:
*Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Liquid Soap Baby Mild Unscented, 32 fl oz*
Water, Organic Coconut oil*, potassium hydroxide, organic palm kernel oil*, organic olive oil*, organic hemp oil, organic jojoba oil, citric acid, tocopherol

Ras

Haven’t used soap in years. Much better without it.
Same here. No soap for more than five years. I'll never again wash anything but my hands with soap. I can't understand why people do it. I know why they think they do it, but reality is another matter.

Same here. No soap for more than five years. I'll never again wash anything but my hands with soap. I can't understand why people do it. I know why they think they do it, but reality is another matter.
@ecstatichamster @Ras

Please explain then how you keep pits and bits 'scrupulously' clean and smelling nice lol! :eek:

Do you use Bicarbonate of soda, or else????

@Steve123 Nice looking soap :D Found it on ebay similar price, I don't use Amazon out of principle.

Last edited:

Peaches

Been looking for a non toxic soap to use, Is this one okay?: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017V47QR2/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A214Y4H9JL1FHD&psc=1

It says the ingredients (Pure, unscented version): Sodium Cocoate. Which is made up of just organic coconut oil and Lye

"We only use 100% certified extra virgin coconut oil and cook this oil with "lye" (a strong base, the basic alkaline ingredient for *every* soap on the planet) to make the soap. In this process called "saponification", the lye reacts with the coconut oil to create pure coconut soap (sodium cocoate). We do not put anything else in the soap" Is that okay to use all over body? Genital etc?

This seems to be the best one i can find that's UK accessible, Unless someone has a better suggestion (Not willing to order from abroad for some soap, i know lifegivingstore offer a soap..

Hi Steve! I make soap and can vouch that the cold/hot process method of soap making that uses saponification is the traditional way that soap has been made although sodium hydroxide is now used instead of wood ashes. The link you sent is a good soap made in the traditional way without excess ingredients. I've never tried this company so don't know there manufacturing processes. If you are in the UK then it's worth checking out Future Primitive Soap Company and Olive Leaf & Honey. They are small scale soap makers who make soaps from scratch. I think Olive Leaf's clay soaps are 100% organic coconut oil too. There are also a lot of sellers on Etsy who make traditional cold process soap. Hope this helps.

exactly. Soap is an endocrine disrupter. Totally unnecessary. And harmful

OP
S

Steve123

exactly. Soap is an endocrine disrupter. Totally unnecessary. And harmful

Yeah of course your standard store bought soap is not good and is endocrine disrupting (altohugh i cant even see that being too much of harm as it's being washed off the skin, the effect is probably minimal..) Saying that i have not used that type of soap for years but i found this one and it looks great! There's nothing in this that would be endocrine disrupting

Peaches

Yeah of course your standard store bought soap is not good and is endocrine disrupting (altohugh i cant even see that being too much of harm as it's being washed off the skin, the effect is probably minimal..) Saying that i have not used that type of soap for years but i found this one and it looks great! There's nothing in this that would be endocrine disrupting

Yes I agree. The endocrine disrupting ingredients in traditional cold process soap are from the added fragrance oils and essential oils, some of which have endocrine disrupting properties (lavender, tea tree and clary sage in particular). The actual soap itself is simply a combination of triglycerides (coconut oil, palm oil etc) and sodium hydroxide saponified into a salt (which is what soap is) and some glycerine. If you purchase a cold process soap which is fragrance free there is no endocrine disrupting qualities in it at all. Unless I'm missing something?

Ras

@ecstatichamster @Ras

Please explain then how you keep pits and bits 'scrupulously' clean and smelling nice lol! :eek:

Do you use Bicarbonate of soda, or else????

@Steve123 Nice looking soap :D Found it on ebay similar price, I don't use Amazon out of principle.
Sodium bicarbonate makes my armpits completely odorless for at least a waking day, but eventually it starts itching all the time, even when I stop using it.

When I tried it in the cockpit, it pulled every drop of water from my skin and made the whole region reek of a smell I can liken only to bleach.

My friend's wife always took what she called an airplane bath: washing only the cockpit and under the wings. Seemed to work for her. Howbeit, I still think there's more merit in not disturbing any region of the body's external balance. When the ecology of the flesh is in balance, and the diet is correct, body odor won't be an issue.

Recoen

Sodium bicarbonate makes my armpits completely odorless for at least a waking day, but eventually it starts itching all the time, even when I stop using it.

When I tried it in the cockpit, it pulled every drop of water from my skin and made the whole region reek of a smell I can liken only to bleach.

My friend's wife always took what she called an airplane bath: washing only the cockpit and under the wings. Seemed to work for her. Howbeit, I still think there's more merit in not disturbing any region of the body's external balance. When the ecology of the flesh is in balance, and the diet is correct, body odor won't be an issue.

What did she do for greasy hair? I do the same but have to wash my hair every couple of days.

Ras

What did she do for greasy hair? I do the same but have to wash my hair every couple of days.
I don't know if my friend's wife washed her hair with anything other than water.

My wife and I went through about a week of oilier hair, but it resolves itself. We just scrub thoroughly in the running water for one to two minutes. I don't even towel dry it, so I know I'm definitely making less oil.

Recoen

I don't know if my friend's wife washed her hair with anything other than water.

My wife and I went through about a week of oilier hair, but it resolves itself. We just scrub thoroughly in the running water for one to two minutes. I don't even towel dry it, so I know I'm definitely making less oil.

Does your wife ever have issues with knots?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom