Fried Farmers Cheese & Dessert!

Raypmom

Fried Farmers Cheese
I make farmers cheese quite a lot, we eat it all the time. I also prepare in many ways because it can get boring and bland to just eat it a is.

What you need
1/2 gallon's worth of raw milk farmers cheese (I have not tried any other milk, it may work)
Salt
4 Tablespoons coconut oil
I'm assuming everyone here knows how to make farmers milk. Just steam milk on medium, once steamy and bubbly add anything acidic such as vinegar. I use braggs. Strain in cheese cloth and compress it under some type of weight. I put a heavy jar of honey on top for a few minutes just to drain some of the water so it's not dripping moist. Then cut or slice in any style you want making sure it's thick (think chicken strips) small or big size your choice. I do medium size, then fry in coconut oil golden brown on both sides. (not deep frying) It's not necessary and just as good as if you did deep fry them. I'm just not into heating all that oil up and then dumping it out, so for this reason I always use 2-4 TB spoons of coconut oil. I drain them on a paper towel once they are done and sprinkle some salt. They should be crispy on the outside and pillow soft on the inside. I usually enjoy this when I want a hot breakfast, they are tasty with honey or maple syrup. You can even dust it with cinnamon sugar if you originally rolled your cheese in a log and cut small patty shapes and enjoy like pan cakes with syrup etc. There are so many ways, we have had them with fruit preserve (jam) and it's like eating warm muffins with jam. My husband likes to half his with bowl of broth. It's very filling and delicious.

For a dessert variation you could cut them lengthways prior to frying and make a chocolate sauce (we use melted enjoy life brand, soy free chocolate chips) to dip in. (great for kids) Kind of like churros when they are warm. Don't forget the cinnamon sugar for dusting so your mind doesn’t go like "dude you're dipping cheese in chocolate". :lol: :lol: But honestly once you fry them they taste like what ever seasoning you put on them. They don't taste like smelly fried cheese or anything. More bland, unless seasoned well. Depending on your taste I guess. Anyway, ENJOY! I attached a pic!

Attachments

• DSC06878.jpg
    DSC06878.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 1,364
I actually did this once, but unfortunately the cheese was already hard from being in the fridge for days. I bet body-builders would be all over this recipe.

OP
R

Raypmom

Such_Saturation said:
I actually did this once, but unfortunately the cheese was already hard from being in the fridge for days. I bet body-builders would be all over this recipe.
Lol! Yeah, it's not as soft that way.

treelady

Yum that picture looks good. Raypmom, how much Bragg's vinegar do you add to make the farmer's milk? I have never made it.

treelady

Nevermind, I googled it... 1/4 C vinegar.

loess

treelady, I would recommend adding the vinegar or lemon juice a tablespoon or two at a time, then stirring, wait a bit (10-15 seconds), then add more, stir, etc. You want to shoot for the smallest amount of acidic liquid needed before the curds separate, resulting in a nice soft cheese. If you dump in a whole bunch at once you risk adding too much acid and the curd gets rubbery and not as pleasant to eat.

treelady

Thank you Loess :) ... A tablespoon at a time - That sounds good.

OP
R

Raypmom

loess said:
treelady, I would recommend adding the vinegar or lemon juice a tablespoon or two at a time, then stirring, wait a bit (10-15 seconds), then add more, stir, etc. You want to shoot for the smallest amount of acidic liquid needed before the curds separate, resulting in a nice soft cheese. If you dump in a whole bunch at once you risk adding too much acid and the curd gets rubbery and not as pleasant to eat.

:) Yes Loess, this is what I do. I add in some, wait a minute and mix just until I see separation of the curds.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom