Gelatin. Does It Cause Headaches?

Momado965

I began using great lakes gelatin a week ago. The first day I used it was quite fine. So was the next day. On the forth day, however, I began experiencing nasty headaches. The headaches felt like bromine detox symptoms when I used to supplement with iodine. The same exact headaches. I usially make stew and add gelatin to it within the last ten minutes of cooking. Does gelatin have flouride in it? What do you think I should do. How do I balance inflamatory aminos if I cant tolerate gelatin or wont consume it due to its possible fluoride contamination?

OP
Momado965

Momado965

I made a quick google searcch on google and found out gelatin does indeed contains flouride. 50ppm which = 50mg/l. This is INSANELY HIGH!!!! If I understand this correctly 2 pounds of geltain powered gelatin contain 50ppm thus a tablespoon would contain 0.7mg.

*The math: since A liter contains 50mg then a tablespoon has 0.7 if we divivded a liter by a tablespoon. So 1000g / 14g = ~ 71. 50mg divided by 71 ~ 0.7mg. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Luann

Very high in fluoride and nitric oxide's precursor l-arginine. It gives me banger headaches.

amethyst

I made a quick google searcch on google and found out gelatin does indeed contains flouride. 50ppm which = 50mg/l. This is INSANELY HIGH!!!! If I understand this correctly 2 pounds of geltain powered gelatin contain 50ppm thus a tablespoon would contain 0.7mg.

*The math: since A liter contains 50mg then a tablespoon has 0.7 if we divivded a liter by a tablespoon. So 1000g / 14g = ~ 71. 50mg divided by 71 ~ 0.7mg. Do correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, if the amount is too high. Gave me headaches as well. Just lower the amount you are taking and it shouldn't be a problem.

Take glycine

Gelatine is too heavy
I took 40 grams

I became a gas machine

Gelatin from gelatinous part of meat

Or glycine

Its not high in fluoride
Everytjjng have fluoride
Soap shampoo food fruits

Too much demineralization without enough remineralization to repair the enamel layer leads to tooth decay. Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making the tooth more resistant to acid attacks from plaque bacteria and sugars in the mouth. It also reverses early decay

Fluoride is in the real water (spring water ) it is in it naturally

Sometimes i feel ray peat talk just to show off

I remember in one of his article

Saying vegetables are mostly bad
Because the high amout of pufa in it

So as a person that listen to everyone and do his research

I found out that he doesnt have any clue about vegetables

A pound of broccoli have 0.5 g of pufa

Ten thousand benefits for broccoli
He said its bad for 0.5 g pufa in it

Coconut oil
Milk
Butter
Contain about "2 grams" of pufa in a serving

I love raypeat and his rrsearches
But he sometimes talks from a big butt whole

So before believing even me
Do a research

Good luck

x-ray peat

Too much demineralization without enough remineralization to repair the enamel layer leads to tooth decay. Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making the tooth more resistant to acid attacks from plaque bacteria and sugars in the mouth. It also reverses early decay
yes that is what our owners like us to think. Coincidentally, it also lowers IQ and makes you docile. Many mind altering drugs are fluoride based.

LukeL

I know different brands affect me differently - the Orange Great Lakes Gelatin gave me nasty headaches but I've heard the Green one works better for people...

I use Bulletproof "Collagelatin" now and I have zero issues/headaches from it

Queequeg

What are the advantages of collagen over glycine?

tara

Saying vegetables are mostly bad
Because the high amout of pufa in it

I wonder if we read the same article?

I remember him saying eating mostly leaves would provide too much PUFA. But you have to eat an awful lot of leaves if that is your main fuel source. I don't think I've seen him say eating moderate servings of leafy greens is mostly bad for most people. I take that as a recommendation to not eat 5+kg of leaves and greens a day if you have better food available. But 100 - 200g or so of well cooked leafy green, esp. the broth, might do more good than harm for many people.

You can get too much of any food.

I found out that he doesnt have any clue about vegetables

A pound of broccoli have 0.5 g of pufa

Ten thousand benefits for broccoli
He said its bad for 0.5 g pufa in it
Where did he say that it was bad to eat a 1/2 -1 pound of broccoli from time to time?
Where have you read that there are benefits to eating mainly broccoli?

Brassicas have some specific goitrogens (anti-thyroid substances) that can be reduced by cooking well. And maybe other unhelpful chemicals. Most leaves have some kind of protective alkaloids in them in larger or smaller amounts. Eating small to moderate amounts may provide more benefit than cost - he also talks of the value of calcium and magnesium in leafy greens, esp. their broth. Using them as your sole or main nourishment is a different issue.

Maybe you are generalising from him saying something negative about vegetables to thinking he is completely against eating them? All foods have pros and cons, and quantities matter.

OP
Momado965

Momado965

Thats is simply not true.

sladerunner69

Thats is simply not true.

Well it is somewhat true, plaque and bacteria produce acids that are responsible for tooth decay over time. Im not convinced fluoride is as important as ada claims, but they do have studiea.

Apparently though, the best way to maintain oral hygiene and teeth is to keep up the quality of the saliva... which is largely mediated by energy and thyroid function and calcium 8ntake

Giraffe

gelatin does indeed contains flouride. 50ppm which = 50mg/l.
50 ppm (parts per million) is 50 mg/kg or 50 mL/m3 or ... If you want to convert it to mg/L (mg = mass; L, m3 = volume), you need more information.

Parts-per notation - Wikipedia

Where does that 50-ppm figure come from? According to the databases I checked the fluorine content is 30 μg/100g and 0 μg/100g.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals