Gelatin Needs To Be Used As Religiously As Sugar

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

Ismail

Does anyone know if putting the Gelatin in hot water damages the Gelatin or the amino acid profile/structure?

FitnessMike

Does anyone know if putting the Gelatin in hot water damages the Gelatin or the amino acid profile/structure?
doubt it mate go for it

LadyRae

In my experience, the gelatin gets gummy and globby when added to hot water. I like to sprinkle the gelatin into cool water (or juice or blended fruit or whatever liquid you want...) and let it sit for a minute and then whisk into the liquid as it slowly heats...

Ismail

In my experience, the gelatin gets gummy and globby when added to hot water. I like to sprinkle the gelatin into cool water (or juice or blended fruit or whatever liquid you want...) and let it sit for a minute and then whisk into the liquid as it slowly heats...
Thank you 🙏

Elie

Forum Supporter
I enjoy blending some fruit and mixing that in. Apples, strawberry, melons, oranges, lemon, pear work well. Some fruits won't set though unless you simmer it a while to break down enzymes - kiwi, pineapple, and mango.
you mean, after dissolving gelatin in warm water? a smoothie of sorts?

LadyRae

you mean, after dissolving gelatin in warm water? a smoothie of sorts?
First I put some fruit and cold water into the blender and puree that, put that mixture into a pot on the stove top. Then I add another couple cups of cool water. Next, sprinkle in two or three tablespoons of gelatin and let that sit for a couple minutes. Turn the heat on the burner and slowly bring to a warm temperature while whisking in the gelatin powder. Pour the whole mixture into a bowl and chill in the fridge for three or four hours.

LucH

Too much glycine?
What happens if you use too much glycine (supplement) ?
=> You need more B9 as 5-MTHF.

First there is no danger of over-consumption except mild action on energy (GABA pathway, slow-down signal to the brain, aka depression by some users) but we burden the methyl pathway by over-using folate. So you need co-enzyme B9 as 5-MTHF (not simply folic acid).

"The breakdown of glycine by the glycine cleavage system produces a molecule called a methyl group. This molecule is added to and used by a vitamin called folate. Folate is required for many functions in the cell and is important for brain development."

Elie

Forum Supporter
First I put some fruit and cold water into the blender and puree that, put that mixture into a pot on the stove top. Then I add another couple cups of cool water. Next, sprinkle in two or three tablespoons of gelatin and let that sit for a couple minutes. Turn the heat on the burner and slowly bring to a warm temperature while whisking in the gelatin powder. Pour the whole mixture into a bowl and chill in the fridge for three or four hours.
thanks

Nimo

Does beef gelatine have some nutrients compared to hydrolised collagen? i somewhere read that gelatine have nutrients and collagen doesnt as it is much more processed.

Ismail

Does beef gelatine have some nutrients compared to hydrolised collagen? i somewhere read that gelatine have nutrients and collagen doesnt as it is much more processed.
I'm pretty sure in this thread someone mentioned the difference between collagen peptides and gelatine - gelatine being more preferable as collagen is somehow processed and as a result some by products of this process and it's excipients can some times cause issues (i.e. negative reactions) for people (that's my understanding anyways).

Old Irenaeus

I have noticed this: if I take beef gelatin and let it bloom in a little water and then add a few teaspoons of sugar to it and mix, then it mixes very well with hot coffee and doesn't get sticky. YMMV.

Bingo

Last couple of days had beef feet with my usual breakfast (octopus, some chicken, lots of fruit) and it improves digestion drastically. Usually if I overdo fruits I become anxious, bloated, irritable, can have mild ibs - with some beet feet it’s not an issue. Effects seem to last all day.

I have tried to cook beef feet several times. Our butcher saws it up into uniform chunks and i put it in the pressure cooker. However my family will not accept it as food. Is there a recipe you follow? How can i make this appealing? They don't care for ox tail either, which is something i love.

I am late to this thread, but trying the 4 lb container of Now gelatin from Vitacost to see if it will help my shoulder and knee. So far its calming and relaxing and helps me sleep. I haven't noticed digestive problems. I have lost a little fat in the last week, although i am not overweight. It seems to reduce appetite. I am adding it to coffee and tea and soup about 2 T at a time aiming for 6 to 8 T per day. I haven't tried it in cold milk or juice, although it says on the container that it will dissolve. I suspect I have a lifelong connective tissue deficit from eating the western diet and will top that up and reduce the amount at some point. Wish I had tried this sooner. Its only been a week so my report is preliminary.

Vins7

Gelatin seems to be under rated on this fourm.

The importance of protein cannot be understated, but nothing changed my metabolic rate/health like consuming copious amounts of beef gelatin.

This is after 18 months of peating, gelatin was the key all along.

2-3 Large table spoons with every meal and I eat 5 times a day. Alongside collagen in orange juice during/after working out.

Here's what happened.

1) I was able to cold turkey quit nicotine with zero effort. I mean without thinking about it. My habitual use was 2-5 nicotine products a day (dip/cig) to nothing. I noticed that gelatin kills the desire to consume nicotine after a protein heavy meal, which I assume has to do with tyrophan. And tobaccos effect on increasing T3.

2) Cortisol seems to dropping drastically as my hairline is begenning to grow back, those small venus hairs are popping up everywhere

3) Calcified/chrome temples where there is hair loss is starting break up and losen up

4) Metabolism is picking up, since I am not rely on stress hormones/nicotine. I am getting leaner

Gelatin is awesome and I believe people should experiment with much higher doses.
taurine can also be very useful

If cost is an issue.

NOW gelatin is 40% the price of Great lakes, and it mixes better and dissolves better without clumps.
I'm really interested. How is It going now? How is your hair lime or hair density?

:M :B.

Lately I've been busy and doing the easiest dinner I know of. Been sleeping better recently after this meal:

1/2 cup masa harina
a bunch of pickling canning salt
a bunch of great lakes collagen hydrolysate
Butter
Pour in 1.25 cups of milk and mix it all together
Heat on medium stirring most of the time until it thickens up like mash potatoes.
Put in bowl and grate a lot of parmesan cheese on it.

It's got such good flavor. I think staying away from the muscle meats at dinner has been helping me out a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals