Gelatin Needs To Be Used As Religiously As Sugar

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

RealNeat

I've heard this claim, but so far, haven't seen any data on levels. Any gelatins been tested that you know of?
I've heard this claim, but so far, haven't seen any data on levels. Any gelatins been tested that you know of?

~The ubquitous use of glyphosate can almost guarantee contamination in the US, even on organic pastures. My guess is that the contamination is reduced with well sourced animal foods and home made broths. Considering the conflict with sourcing products from Brazil (forest clearing, regulation of products etc...) I cant be certain what the figures for contamination are or the reliabilty of the info.

glypho.png

~Here are some resources where the glycine/ glyphosate claims have been made and theorized in depth;

glypho1.jpg
"FIGURE 1: Four examples of amino acids. Glycine, the simplest amino acid, has no side chains. Alanine is the second simplest amino acid, which has a simple side chain consisting of a methyl group (CH3). Glyphosate is a glycine molecule with the side chain on the nitrogen atom instead of the traditional form with a side chain on the carbon atom. Proline is a unique amino acid with the side chain circling around so that it becomes attached to both the central carbon and the nitrogen molecule. The circles indicate the core structure of the molecule, which defines its membership in the “amino acid” class of molecules. Note that both glyphosate and proline have lost one hydrogen bound to the nitrogen atom, but this does not prevent them from linking up in the amino acid chain that makes up a peptide in a protein."

glypho2.jpg
FIGURE 2: Schematic of how glyphosate substitution for glycine in a protein can totally disturb the shape of the pocket where the substrate for the enzymatic action would normally fit snugly.

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/environmental-toxins/glyphosate-in-collagen/

Beecham J, Seneff S. The possible link between autism and glyphosate acting as glycine mimetic – a review of evidence from the literature with analysis. J Mol Genet Med 2015; 9:4.

~This excerpt and theory from Jack Kruse is also interesting but presented in the usual *personal hypothesis* Jack Kruse fashion. Parts of it make sense/ are established while the rest is based off of newer research hypothesis on Deuterium;

"Anything that can affect endogenous glutathione creation from methionine can clear heavy metals and glyphosate. Methionine, selenium, serine, and glycine all are capable of doing this. All work better when done the in the sun. I used this survivor soup hack to clear myself of glyphosate from my California wines. It works because of the serine-glycine interconversion pathway (3PG) helps augment more light hydrogen into TCA/urea cycle intermediates (while lowering methionine) and removes some of the deuterium in the cycle to improve their kinetics. The glycine cleavage system, refuels one-carbon metabolism; a complex cyclic metabolic network based on chemical reactions of folate compounds. This is where methionine comes in. It is an essential amino acid that when controlled can improve longevity or when it gets too high in cells and plasma can kill you and raise your calcium index score via its action of homocysteine (HC). Normally we can recycle HC to regain our methionine so we do not have to eat it. Folate is also loaded with hydrogen (3 of them) that must be deuterium depleted to work in methylation pathways for dopamine, glutathione, and DNA/RNA. It turns out methionine controls the flow of hydrogen on histones to methylated them. So......glycine and serine in broths have mechanisms similar to drinking DDW. Neither works as well, but it is an awesome hack to know about. "

~ and no, I dont know of any tested ones but I have been liking (and trusting) PaleoPro, which I believe is US sourced (without the natural flavors) but its not gelatin. I used to also use Vital Proteins plain Gelatin but the whole "Brazil cow hide sourcing" thing turned me off. However, I usually make my own broth from local, pasture raised ox tail and joints.

ppb.jpg ppb2.jpg ppb3.jpg

Last edited:

RealNeat

~The ubquitous use of glyphosate can almost guarantee contamination in the US, even on organic pastures. My guess is that the contamination is reduced with well sourced animal foods and home made broths. Considering the conflict with sourcing products from Brazil (forest clearing, regulation of products etc...) I cant be certain what the figures for contamination are or the reliabilty of the info.

View attachment 14478

~Here are some resources where the glycine/ glyphosate claims have been made and theorized in depth;

View attachment 14479
"FIGURE 1: Four examples of amino acids. Glycine, the simplest amino acid, has no side chains. Alanine is the second simplest amino acid, which has a simple side chain consisting of a methyl group (CH3). Glyphosate is a glycine molecule with the side chain on the nitrogen atom instead of the traditional form with a side chain on the carbon atom. Proline is a unique amino acid with the side chain circling around so that it becomes attached to both the central carbon and the nitrogen molecule. The circles indicate the core structure of the molecule, which defines its membership in the “amino acid” class of molecules. Note that both glyphosate and proline have lost one hydrogen bound to the nitrogen atom, but this does not prevent them from linking up in the amino acid chain that makes up a peptide in a protein."

View attachment 14480
FIGURE 2: Schematic of how glyphosate substitution for glycine in a protein can totally disturb the shape of the pocket where the substrate for the enzymatic action would normally fit snugly.

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/environmental-toxins/glyphosate-in-collagen/

Beecham J, Seneff S. The possible link between autism and glyphosate acting as glycine mimetic – a review of evidence from the literature with analysis. J Mol Genet Med 2015; 9:4.

~This excerpt and theory from Jack Kruse is also interesting but presented in the usual *personal hypothesis* Jack Kruse fashion. Parts of it make sense/ are established while the rest is based off of newer research hypothesis on Deuterium;

"Anything that can affect endogenous glutathione creation from methionine can clear heavy metals and glyphosate. Methionine, selenium, serine, and glycine all are capable of doing this. All work better when done the in the sun. I used this survivor soup hack to clear myself of glyphosate from my California wines. It works because of the serine-glycine interconversion pathway (3PG) helps augment more light hydrogen into TCA/urea cycle intermediates (while lowering methionine) and removes some of the deuterium in the cycle to improve their kinetics. The glycine cleavage system, refuels one-carbon metabolism; a complex cyclic metabolic network based on chemical reactions of folate compounds. This is where methionine comes in. It is an essential amino acid that when controlled can improve longevity or when it gets too high in cells and plasma can kill you and raise your calcium index score via its action of homocysteine (HC). Normally we can recycle HC to regain our methionine so we do not have to eat it. Folate is also loaded with hydrogen (3 of them) that must be deuterium depleted to work in methylation pathways for dopamine, glutathione, and DNA/RNA. It turns out methionine controls the flow of hydrogen on histones to methylated them. So......glycine and serine in broths have mechanisms similar to drinking DDW. Neither works as well, but it is an awesome hack to know about. "

~ and no, I dont know of any tested ones but I have been liking (and trusting) PaleoPro, which I believe is US sourced (without the natural flavors) but its not gelatin (not certain of their processing). I used to also use Vital Proteins plain Gelatin but the whole "Brazil cow hide sourcing" thing turned me off. However, I usually make my own broth from local, pasture raised ox tail and joints.

View attachment 14481 View attachment 14482 View attachment 14483

tankasnowgod

View attachment 14478

View attachment 14479

View attachment 14480

~ and no, I dont know of any tested ones but I have been liking (and trusting) PaleoPro, which I believe is US sourced (without the natural flavors) but its not gelatin. I used to also use Vital Proteins plain Gelatin but the whole "Brazil cow hide sourcing" thing turned me off. However, I usually make my own broth from local, pasture raised ox tail and joints.

View attachment 14481 View attachment 14482 View attachment 14483

Okay, none of that is a reason to avoid gelatin. In fact, it might be an argument to consume MORE gelatin. If it's the case that there is some glyphosate in all glycine containing proteins (and I'll grant you that's likely), you would have to avoid all beef, chicken, pork, soy, milk, eggs, lamb, and literally every other protein than isn't made in a lab from pure amino acids.

So, without rigorous testing, you're just guessing. I see a lot of theories, but if all protein contains some glyphosate, that might suggest eating as much gelatin as possible, to use the normal glycine to displace it. I would think that proteins that receive direct spray of glyphostate would be the most at risk, so that would mean avoiding all plant protein, and maybe all plant food in general. Since all animals have detox organs, animal foods should be preferred (including gelatin), with ruminant animals being highest on the list, since they have an extra detox organ.

Okay, none of that is a reason to avoid gelatin. In fact, it might be an argument to consume MORE gelatin. If it's the case that there is some glyphosate in all glycine containing proteins (and I'll grant you that's likely), you would have to avoid all beef, chicken, pork, soy, milk, eggs, lamb, and literally every other protein than isn't made in a lab from pure amino acids.

So, without rigorous testing, you're just guessing. I see a lot of theories, but if all protein contains some glyphosate, that might suggest eating as much gelatin as possible, to use the normal glycine to displace it. I would think that proteins that receive direct spray of glyphostate would be the most at risk, so that would mean avoiding all plant protein, and maybe all plant food in general. Since all animals have detox organs, animal foods should be preferred (including gelatin), with ruminant animals being highest on the list, since they have an extra detox organ.
I wonder if the refinement of sugar removes pesticides. If it's in the protein, then I'd say most of it is removed.

I have also reached the same conclusion about plant foods. You're talking about avoiding plants due to pesticides, and I think that's a great reason to avoid them, but I've been looking more into the pesticides that the plants naturally make and many of them seem pretty toxic. Plant foods that are refined, by bees or by humans, would be ok, so honey and white sugar would still be on the menu. With the variety of animals that we can eat, there doesn't seem to be much use for plants to humans.

Vileplume

Over summer, when I first started implementing fruits and dairy more heavily into my diet, I felt great. At the time, I had a tbsp of gelatin with every meal.

In the months that followed, I dropped gelatin from my diet thoughtlessly, assuming that it didn't do much. These past few months my blood sugar levels have been so erratic, causing me all sorts of mood and sleep problems. I could never figure out what was going on and tried all sorts of supplements, but the whole time I somehow never tried re-incorporating gelatin. It must be the fruit. Too much milk? Too much protein? Too many liquids?

Three days ago I added gelatin back into my diet (oxtail stew, shanks, bone broth, and powdered gelatin in my coffee), and my mood has been noticeably more stable. It's too early to report anything for sure, but so far gelatin has made a clear positive impact. This quote from Peat stands out powerfully: "Since persistent lipolysis and insulin resistance, along with a generalized inflammatory state, are involved in a great variety of diseases, especially in the degenerative diseases, it's reasonable to consider using glycine/gelatin for almost any chronic problem."

Gelatin, Stress, Longevity

jet9

Over summer, when I first started implementing fruits and dairy more heavily into my diet, I felt great. At the time, I had a tbsp of gelatin with every meal.

In the months that followed, I dropped gelatin from my diet thoughtlessly, assuming that it didn't do much. These past few months my blood sugar levels have been so erratic, causing me all sorts of mood and sleep problems. I could never figure out what was going on and tried all sorts of supplements, but the whole time I somehow never tried re-incorporating gelatin. It must be the fruit. Too much milk? Too much protein? Too many liquids?

Three days ago I added gelatin back into my diet (oxtail stew, shanks, bone broth, and powdered gelatin in my coffee), and my mood has been noticeably more stable. It's too early to report anything for sure, but so far gelatin has made a clear positive impact. This quote from Peat stands out powerfully: "Since persistent lipolysis and insulin resistance, along with a generalized inflammatory state, are involved in a great variety of diseases, especially in the degenerative diseases, it's reasonable to consider using glycine/gelatin for almost any chronic problem."

Gelatin, Stress, Longevity
Do you do starch now? Or it’s mostly fruit/juices/dairy ?

Vileplume

Do you do starch now? Or it’s mostly fruit/juices/dairy ?
I go back and forth with it, but in general I don't really crave it, so most days I don't eat any starch. Mostly grapes, home-squeezed OJ, a few tablespoons of maple syrup, a2 milk, carrots, lamb, and now bone broth/gelatin with every meal.

pro marker

i made very thick oxtail broths everyday for a coule of months and i noticed no difference at all no atter how much gelatin i ate. eating to much made me feel like i had too much caffeine. dont really bother anymore. never tried powder but i refuse to believe it could be better than the real thing in any way.

jet9

Last couple of days had beef feet with my usual breakfast (octopus, some chicken, lots of fruit) and it improves digestion drastically. Usually if I overdo fruits I become anxious, bloated, irritable, can have mild ibs - with some beet feet it’s not an issue. Effects seem to last all day.

Judd Crane

I usually eat a piece of jello a day (made with juice and sugar) that has about 10g, the way I make it. I add 20g to my daily cottage cheese and fruit meal. On top of that, I use 10 g of collagen in juice twice a day. That's how I've been doing it, and it does work pretty well for me.
Do you have a recipe for jello to share?

PeatBull

Any good gelatin source in Europe? Its so tiresome be boiling them feet for hours.

FitnessMike

it lowers cortisol too much, probably depending on the persons state and hormones level.

Jonk

Do you have a recipe for jello to share?
I make super easy gelatin "candies", mix 1 part gelatin powder with 1 part water in a bowl. Meanwhile, heat up about 3 parts sugar and some orange juice. Mix in the bloomed gelatin and let dissolve (takes about 4 min, but the longer you wait the less foam gets left on the surface). Place in a glass dish, put somewhere cold. If in freezer it takes about 10 min. Take out, make cubes - eat :)

FitnessMike

Second this question. Importing gelatin into EU is outlawed in practice.

Glycine can definitely reveal a low metabolism. Recommended to start low.
i wonder if its actually good long-term, because gelatine in me feels like its numbing stress response and thus feeling lethargic.

Judd Crane

i wonder if its actually good long-term, because gelatine in me feels like its numbing stress response and thus feeling lethargic.
Maybe you're dependent on stress hormones to get things done. Perhaps you should lower the dosage and work on boosting thyroid metabolism.

I make super easy gelatin "candies", mix 1 part gelatin powder with 1 part water in a bowl. Meanwhile, heat up about 3 parts sugar and some orange juice. Mix in the bloomed gelatin and let dissolve (takes about 4 min, but the longer you wait the less foam gets left on the surface). Place in a glass dish, put somewhere cold. If in freezer it takes about 10 min. Take out, make cubes - eat :)
Thanks!

FitnessMike

4) Metabolism is picking up, since I am not rely on stress hormones/nicotine. I am getting leaner
did you struggle with lethargy from lowering cortisol with gelatin before ur metabolism picked up?

What's messed up is that if your cortisol goes too low, I start urinating too much too often.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals