General loss of appetite, silent reflux, positional stomach discomfort

golder

Why does every thread on this forum, no matter the subject, return back to how toxic Vitamin A is?

InChristAlone

Why does every thread on this forum, no matter the subject, return back to how toxic Vitamin A is?
Because most people are slow oxidizers, so their liver is full of retinol and yellow fat, their tissues accumulate carotenoids, and they also accumulate copper, iron and other heavy metals. If you don't believe Dr. Smith, he is literally just saying exactly what @gbolduev said yrs ago on this forum. It's coming full circle.

golder

Because most people are slow oxidizers, so their liver is full of retinol and yellow fat, their tissues accumulate carotenoids, and they also accumulate copper, iron and other heavy metals. If you don't believe Dr. Smith, he is literally just saying exactly what @gbolduev said yrs ago on this forum. It's coming full circle.
Interesting thanks. Nothing to do with believing anything, I’m just curious why it’s completely flooding the forum on every conceivable topic. Would you mind sharing me a link to any of Ray’s responses/reactions/thoughts/rebuttals/opinions on this hypothesis? Thanks!

InChristAlone

Interesting thanks. Nothing to do with believing anything, I’m just curious why it’s completely flooding the forum on every conceivable topic. Would you mind sharing me a link to any of Ray’s responses/reactions/thoughts/rebuttals/opinions on this hypothesis? Thanks!
Unfortunately Ray did not think anything of the vitamin A toxicity theory I think mostly because he believed it was safe as long as you had enough thyroid. I believe he had it backwards, it's not that we need MORE vitamin A the more thyroid hormone we use, it's that we need more thyroid hormone the more vitamin A we take in. That shifts the perspective to maybe we would need to take less thyroid or feel less hypothyroid the less vitamin A we take in.

I know many people don't want to give up their favorite foods to test that out. My favorite foods were cheese and ice cream, strange thing though... I don't crave cheese now that I don't eat it. I do sometimes want ice cream because its so sugary and creamy. It's probably a result of blood sugar imbalances I crave that. Not because I need vitamin A. I have no desire for high vitamin A foods like liver or carrots. And eggs caused me to develop months of high anxiety last time I trialed 3 a day for 4 or 5 months. I just had my vitamin A tested, it came back middle of the reference range, and that's after only consuming 600 or less mcg of A for 5 yrs. I think most people over 30 are only using maybe 200 mcg a day. If it is essential.

The toxic bile theory came about after he died. But he'd obviously be a fan of eliminating toxic bile.

OP
D

drf

Forum Supporter
Hey guys quick update on symptoms:

- I think my appetite is starting to come back, as I'm getting cravings for certain foods
- Have not had any silent reflux the past 2 days
- I've noticed that my stools have been larger in diameter, tho less frequent (1x day maybe)
- Overall stomach discomfort has gone down

Does anyone have any reccs on how to get the bowels going quicker, so I can get to 2-3 BM / day
ACV has worked great for flushing me out in the past.

I think with the RP diet, all the dairy items were cleaning me out, and I've stopped those completely.

OP
D

drf

Forum Supporter
Hey guys quick update on symptoms:

- I think my appetite is starting to come back, as I'm getting cravings for certain foods
- Have not had any silent reflux the past 2 days
- I've noticed that my stools have been larger in diameter, tho less frequent (1x day maybe)
- Overall stomach discomfort has gone down

Does anyone have any reccs on how to get the bowels going quicker, so I can get to 2-3 BM / day

I think with the RP diet, all the dairy items were cleaning me out, and I've stopped those completely.
Also think since I cut out caffeine, I'm getting less BMs in as well as some good ol withdrawal headaches :ss

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Magnesium and potassium. You can find info about that in my first post here: Charlies Low Toxin Thread

Deadpool

Speaking of, I'd love to see gbold unbanned if he isnt already.

I doubt he'd rejoin though as I havent heard anything of him for the past 3 years.

InChristAlone

Speaking of, I'd love to see gbold unbanned if he isnt already.

I doubt he'd rejoin though as I havent heard anything of him for the past 3 years.
Yeah he seems missing. Which isn't good because he was helping a lot of people over on a different forum and if he suddenly died or got ill they need to know about it!

Deadpool

Yeah he seems missing. Which isn't good because he was helping a lot of people over on a different forum and if he suddenly died or got ill they need to know about it!
I think he just quit when the other forum went offline. It took 3 years until someone restored hackstasis.

I used to study his posts. I found it interesting when the low A paradigm starting coming around that I saw lots of connections to his early posts. I bet he would have found some interesting things.

OP
D

drf

Forum Supporter
Would nicotine pouches be considered "toxic" to the liver?

Ben.

full circle? i thought gbolduev was very clear in how it is very individual in what a person has to do to regain health. Assuming he was right the approach outlined by charlie et al. will have a few individuals getting worse even if it might be a minority.

I also find the timespan of 2 years + way to long just to "test" if the theory holds true for oneself. And if that didnt work the person is at fault for not "perfectly" balancing certain minerals/trace elements?

InChristAlone

full circle? i thought gbolduev was very clear in how it is very individual in what a person has to do to regain health. Assuming he was right the approach outlined by charlie et al. will have a few individuals getting worse even if it might be a minority.

I also find the timespan of 2 years + way to long just to "test" if the theory holds true for oneself. And if that didnt work the person is at fault for not "perfectly" balancing certain minerals/trace elements?
People doing well on Ray Peat won't even consider the low vit A diet. Why would they? It's a detox diet from the yrs people over did sugar, retinol, calcium and copper. For those doing well on OJ and dairy they'd have no reason to give it up. But there will come a point the body starts slowing down and they need more and more hormones that's when they will come to us :)

You won't need 2 yrs to know if it is working or not. Your digestion will get better pretty quickly if that was one of the things that was getting really bad. As far as chronic fatigue that might take longer. Skin rashes should slowly get better. There may be waves of detox that you have to understand how to treat. More binders, more nutrients etc. If people want a quick fix they can continue pharma and hormone replacement therapy, no one is forcing someone to detox.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You won't need 2 yrs to know if it is working or not. Your digestion will get better pretty quickly if that was one of the things that was getting really bad. As far as chronic fatigue that might take longer. Skin rashes should slowly get better. There may be waves of detox that you have to understand how to treat. More binders, more nutrients etc. If people want a quick fix they can continue pharma and hormone replacement therapy, no one is forcing someone to detox.
Exactly, many see immediate effects.

Ben.

... that's when they will come to us :)

That's what many on this forum thought/said when it came to people going paleo/keto/carnivore/vegan. The forum regulary had new people complaining how the no sugar or low sugar diet eventually caught up to them causing new symptoms.

Can you see how im sceptic and think think that this could happen with the anti-vitamin a movement? I am not arguing the peat "diet" is great or anything.
Browsing the generoux forum there have been similar reports where some people had to incooperate some milk/eggs eventually. Some speculate it to be due to choline but who knows.

I do not oppose some period of time to help the liver out and get rid of excesses. However the premise that avoiding most foods equals health does not ring true at all.

Health is resilience. It is able to eat without to much repercussion. It is your liver and your detox pathways working, period. It is skin being clear and smooth and having a healthy colour to it. Nails and hair being strong and thick. Teeth being naturally "white" and clear of calculus/gingivitis with minimal effort needed in cleaning. Eyewhite is clear and vision is great both near and far. It is your body being able to readily adapt to different foods and lifestyle. Mood being good and joyfull is the baseline. Energy is reasonably high most of the time. "Illnesses" resolving quickly within a few days. Woundhealing is fast. etc.

That is health. For some this is/was true when they were "young". Some never got to experience it at all. And this is in my opinion what humanity has to try to achieve and put most of their efforts in. It is more important than anything as everything is influenced by it. Are the anti-aging people going to achieve this? Or thoose researching bio-electricity? Maybe the anti-fungi movement? Or perhaps it realy is going to be the anti A crowd that surpasses everyone else?

... What a time to be alive ... sad however that most of us wont survive and benefit of the truth.

OP
D

drf

Forum Supporter
Hello all,
I'm still seeing the same symptoms after 3 days on the low Vit. A diet.

Is there a point in time where I should consider further diagnostic testing via MRI/endoscopy?

InChristAlone

That's what many on this forum thought/said when it came to people going paleo/keto/carnivore/vegan. The forum regulary had new people complaining how the no sugar or low sugar diet eventually caught up to them causing new symptoms.

Can you see how im sceptic and think think that this could happen with the anti-vitamin a movement? I am not arguing the peat "diet" is great or anything.
Browsing the generoux forum there have been similar reports where some people had to incooperate some milk/eggs eventually. Some speculate it to be due to choline but who knows.

I do not oppose some period of time to help the liver out and get rid of excesses. However the premise that avoiding most foods equals health does not ring true at all.

Health is resilience. It is able to eat without to much repercussion. It is your liver and your detox pathways working, period. It is skin being clear and smooth and having a healthy colour to it. Nails and hair being strong and thick. Teeth being naturally "white" and clear of calculus/gingivitis with minimal effort needed in cleaning. Eyewhite is clear and vision is great both near and far. It is your body being able to readily adapt to different foods and lifestyle. Mood being good and joyfull is the baseline. Energy is reasonably high most of the time. "Illnesses" resolving quickly within a few days. Woundhealing is fast. etc.

That is health. For some this is/was true when they were "young". Some never got to experience it at all. And this is in my opinion what humanity has to try to achieve and put most of their efforts in. It is more important than anything as everything is influenced by it. Are the anti-aging people going to achieve this? Or thoose researching bio-electricity? Maybe the anti-fungi movement? Or perhaps it realy is going to be the anti A crowd that surpasses everyone else?

... What a time to be alive ... sad however that most of us wont survive and benefit of the truth.
Yes I saw the low carb and keto failures. Not so much carnivore though because that is a new fad where people eat only steak and that eliminates A LOT of potential toxins. Typically most people on low carb or keto don't just eat beef, they eat all kinds of crappy animal foods including liver, so it's a no brainer they failed. And I think ketosis can cause metabolic acidosis and ketoacidosis if they are not careful. But even high doses of thiamine can cause acidosis and renal failure (please be careful of those saying it is safe).

Getting blood labs on any kind of extreme diet is ESSENTIAL. Acidosis is easily read on a cheap chemistry lab. Fatty liver is obvious on a lipid panel. Anyway, my point is that health isn't a mystery, we need to do the right things to have good health.

Stop the intoxing!
Clean air- get out of mold or severely polluted cities, and stop using any perfumes or essential oils
Clean water- get a reverse osmosis filter, don't eat and drink out of plastic
Plenty of sunshine
Eat organic as much as you can afford
Protein from beef, bison, chicken and turkey
Use beans, psyllium husk, or sunfiber to expel toxic bile
Take hardwood activated charcoal to soak up toxins in the gut * not optional if you can't tolerate beans or fiber which suggests dysbiosis and toxicity of the gut
Betaine HCL or ACV if you don't digest well and have fatty liver
Minimize fructose, get plenty of starches, but don't combine high fat and high carb if you have fatty liver and high blood glucose
Absolutely get rid of vegetable oils other than good olive oil and coconut oil
Minimize retinol and carotenoids especially lutein/zeaxanthine if you have autoimmune disease or autism
Minimize stimulants altogether for the healthiest life ie chocolate, tea, coffee
Get off all pharma drugs, alcohol and nicotine and any other crazy herbs and supps, minimize what you take in
Reduce excess hormone use as it stresses the liver, don't go off thyroid if you need it
Get enough potassium from non-yellow/red fruits and veggies- limit oxalates, never eat spinach, kale or collard greens!
Zinc picolinate if history of digestion problems and toxic in copper *low alkaline phosphatase is an indicator of low zinc and low stomach acid
Buffered nicotinic acid to get NAD going
Selenium
Topical magnesium chloride if you are sluggish or exhausted, be aware after healing it can keep you awake at night with too much energy-take in morning
Limit calcium if you are stiff and calcifying
K2 for excessive bleeding, bruising and to help with calcification and tooth decay, but not a substitute for the rest of the list
Deal with any major stressors in your life such as a bad marriage, toxic parents or friends, toxic boss
Go to bed on time and get 7-8 hours of sleep every night
Prayer and gratitude, let go of victim mentality, forgive people in your life that have hurt you *this may be the hardest on the list if you are used to toxicity in your life
Movement, stretching, don't sit all day, weight lifting for men
Tape mouth at night, don't mouth breathe
Brush teeth regularly and get oral health good, don't leave large rotting cavities-better to get them filled or extracted

Most of this list is not optional to achieve good health. Some can get away with eggs and dairy, some cannot. Too many eggs can be absolutely toxic. Especially in regards to lutein and what the hen was eating, they now give toxic carotenoids to make the yolk more yellow. Pasture raised may not be better if they are given supplemental feed. Most feed is supplemented with A and most pasture raised yolks are the most toxic orange there is. Grocery store cheap eggs may actually be better. I didn't include molybdenum on the list as being essential, but it is an option for detox. I think eating enough beans may be a good substitute. Zeolites (that have the aluminum removed) may be a good strategy for ammonia and heavy metals. Most b vitamin deficiencies should correct themselves when you get the diet dialed in, but don't ignore signs you may need folate or thiamine. Someone suggested asparagus for detox.

As you can see this is not just a low vit A diet, this is #toxicbiletheory and mineral balancing as well. An overall lifestyle shift.

Your list of what good health looks like is good, it's how we get there that many of us are after. The ability to adapt to whatever food we eat is good, but what does that look like? Should we always be eating the rainbow? I don't think so. Should we be changing our diet to see how our body reacts to a varied diet all the time? I don't think so, that's stressful to the body. Having variety is fine within limits. A simple diet is healthy if it contains everything we need. We do adapt to the food we regularly eat. But if they are toxic you will notice worse health over the years. Caffeine and thyroid are necessary on a Ray Peat diet due to all the calcium and retinol.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals