GHB - Gamma Hydroxybutyric Acid (Perhaps The Rarest And Most Expensive Dr.Peat Approved Drug)

Been around a year since Peat mentioned this compound on a KMUD Endocrinology part 1 interview about it's benefit for mitochondria support, anti stress, anti Parkinson's @ 45:50. I doubt one can get various pharmacological effects from the fruit mentioned that contain ghb. Though, adding some of it to the diet might help instead.

Have not heard much about ghb on the forum before or since that interview.
I have seen quite a few threads this past year about people dealing with depression, energy issues, or other mood/sleep/emotional/libido related issues.
I post about this compound because I think this medicine can help some people here that might be in search for something that can help those issues. Especially if one is running out of hope.

The difficult part acquiring it is that it is one of the most illegal drugs in the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid

@16:55
Peat also mentions the GABA receptor system is probably the most complex bunch of proteins has the name receptor.
GHB looks to effect some of the gaba receptor, but also has it's own ghb receptor.

Dr. Dan Pardi on the Muscle Expert Podcast talks about it being anti Alzheimer.

@36:20
Says it's a short chain fatty acid. Though wikipedia has it classified as an amino acid neurotransmitter.

Dr.Pardi mentions important information about the date rape issue and how there are many other drugs (over 60 compounds) that can be used and that ghb was given most, if not all the blame.

Not sure if he is correct, but says ghb can cost $15,000 a month as a pharmaceutical! @42:45

@23:25
rxmuscle podcast with 2 big players in the bodybuilding/party scene back when ghb was popular, one tells that ghb is the most dangerous party drug. Being how unpredictable it was on dosages. There is another good interview on rxmuscle some guy saying only 5% of the population or something like that can be responsible with ghb or something along those lines. I can't find that video. But just wanted post the % because many people cannot be responsible for a powerful substance, but I think there are a higher % of responsible/intelligent people here than 5%.

Steve Fowkes recommends ghb, considers it a nutrient:

@16:25

There are many articles on pubmed, around 1750 if you search "sodium oxybate", or 2100 if you search "ghb"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29368093
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27601032
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9100156
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16837107

haidut

Forum Supporter
Been around a year since Peat mentioned this compound on a KMUD Endocrinology part 1 interview about it's benefit for mitochondria support, anti stress, anti Parkinson's @ 45:50. I doubt one can get various pharmacological effects from the fruit mentioned that contain ghb. Though, adding some of it to the diet might help instead.

Have not heard much about ghb on the forum before or since that interview.
I have seen quite a few threads this past year about people dealing with depression, energy issues, or other mood/sleep/emotional/libido related issues.
I post about this compound because I think this medicine can help some people here that might be in search for something that can help those issues. Especially if one is running out of hope.

The difficult part acquiring it is that it is one of the most illegal drugs in the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid

@16:55
Peat also mentions the GABA receptor system is probably the most complex bunch of proteins has the name receptor.
GHB looks to effect some of the gaba receptor, but also has it's own ghb receptor.

Dr. Dan Pardi on the Muscle Expert Podcast talks about it being anti Alzheimer.

@36:20
Says it's a short chain fatty acid. Though wikipedia has it classified as an amino acid neurotransmitter.

Dr.Pardi mentions important information about the date rape issue and how there are many other drugs (over 60 compounds) that can be used and that ghb was given most, if not all the blame.

Not sure if he is correct, but says ghb can cost $15,000 a month as a pharmaceutical! @42:45

@23:25
rxmuscle podcast with 2 big players in the bodybuilding/party scene back when ghb was popular, one tells that ghb is the most dangerous party drug. Being how unpredictable it was on dosages. There is another good interview on rxmuscle some guy saying only 5% of the population or something like that can be responsible with ghb or something along those lines. I can't find that video. But just wanted post the % because many people cannot be responsible for a powerful substance, but I think there are a higher % of responsible/intelligent people here than 5%.

Steve Fowkes recommends ghb, considers it a nutrient:

@16:25

There are many articles on pubmed, around 1750 if you search "sodium oxybate", or 2100 if you search "ghb"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29368093
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27601032
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9100156
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16837107

It also happens to be highly illegal in US and most other countries because it is commonly used as a "date rape drug". In US it is a Schedule I controlled substance, which makes it about as illegal as heroin and LSD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid#United_States

In fact, enforcement in the US is so strict that you can get arrested and prosecuted even without you being in possession of GHB. If analysis discovers a trace amount suggesting you had been in contact with it, you most likely will be arrested and prosecuted even if there is no GHB in your possession. See Wiki link for more info, and don't mess with this stuff.

Btw, ingesting plain old GABA can get you some of these effects and if you want real GHB then you can try inhibiting the enzyme succinic semialdehyde dehydrogenase (SSDH), which results in accumulation of GHB in the brain. I am not sure how safe that is, but it is possible. See below.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9793840

OP
Insaneacinamide
It also happens to be highly illegal in US and most other countries because it is commonly used as a "date rape drug". In US it is a Schedule I controlled substance, which makes it about as illegal as heroin and LSD.

In fact, enforcement in the US is so strict that you can get arrested and prosecuted even without you being in possession of GHB. If analysis discovers a trace amount suggesting you had been in contact with it, you most likely will be arrested and prosecuted even if there is no GHB in your possession. See Wiki link for more info, and don't mess with this stuff.

GHB(Xyrem) is a prescription drug in the US, and around the world. One of the very few prescription drugs on schedule 1.
It's also in the USA Schedule 3 controlled drugs, along with other prescriptions drugs.
That's why it is important to get this medicine from a doctor.

From the link you posted.
"A 2006 study suggested that there was "no evidence to suggest widespread date rape drug use" in the UK and that less than 2% of cases involved GHB while 17% involved cocaine."

2% is not pretty commonly used as you mentioned.

"A UK parliamentary committee commissioned report found the use of GHB to be less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol in social harms, physical harm and addiction.[50]"

"However, a survey in the Netherlands shows that the proportion of GHB in rape cases is greatly overestimated by the media.[29]"

lampofred

really hope no one unknowingly tries to get this online thinking it's just another prescription med like thyroid/bromocriptine/diamox/etc

Last edited:

lampofred

really hope no one unknowingly tries to get this online thinking it's just another prescription med like thyroid/bromocriptine/diamox/etc

No rare at all. Its probably the best and most body-friendñy social partying substance one can choose hands down. That doesnt mean it to be water, you must know what it is, how to dose it and how to take it (the same as with anything though). No wonder why its so feared for pharma and alcohol lobbies; you get a more pleasant and way healthier effect for a fraction of the price (drinks).. not to mention how it can help with restful sleep at increasing sws. Rape drug?? haha one has the same odds to rape a very drunk girl/guy (very common situations at nightlife) than on sodium oxybate.

X3CyO

it raises prolactin too

RobertJM

I was going to write an essay on how sinister GHB can be, but that Wikipedia article just says it all really. Using it as an antidepressant? It's not possible I'm afraid. It's too much of a euphoriant. You will get into trouble with it. It really doesn't care who you are or if you went to church each Sunday.

According to studies it raises serotonin, acetylcholine, human growth hormone, prolactin, oxytocin and nitric oxide (penis 'pump').
Hardly a thyroid enhancing substance from a Peat perspective. It's basically a representation of the stress hormone cascade, is it not?

And when you're coming down from it, GABA B is downregulated giving rise to glutamate, excitation & neurotoxicicity. With the short half life, this up and down yo-yo cycle of redosing, getting high, redosing, getting high just becomes tiresome & quite taxing (through oxidative stress) after a while. But can also get you into big problems with addiction and withdrawal.

Barbiturates will also mess you up and are banned to protect the public. Like with GHB, they probably could be used responsibly to some extent, but the idiots who want to abuse it (or abuse others with it) would ruin it for everybody, and that's why things like this get banned.

Do a simple google search if you need to see all the car crashes with GHB. There are thousands of threads on addiction and withdrawal.

As a former GHB user I can also confirm that it is anything but pro-metabolic. I think the acute effects may well be (sort of) pro thyroid, but you need to ramp calories up considerably to prevent a stress response. What I mean by this is that even though you will feel euphoric, your extremities will go cold. I noticed this all the time on it. But extra calories would help this. Just go easy on the starch because that causes way more knock outs.

It's an intoxicant with an extremely steep tolerance curve. And the more tolerant you get to it, the more slippery that slope becomes.

It sounds like your hell bent on going for it, so i wish you the best of luck.

And I absolutely agree with all those bad things written about it in the Wikipedia article.

This isn't a supplement from 'little house on the prairie'. It's a drug which can cause harm to you, and potentially to others.

Sorry for doing a poo on the thread. Best wishes.

Sexypizza

I tried GHB before a number of times.

A lot of people make it out to be this horrible thing but I thought it was wonderful. honestly, it wasn't that strong of a drug I could barely feel it when I take it but when I do feel it, it's very pleasant. It feels a lot like alcohol but makes you really sleepy (depending on the dose).

Sleeping on this stuff is amazing. it gives you extremely vivid dreams and I feel really well rested after taking it. it doesn't last long too like maybe an hour or two at the most. I'm somehow not surprised that Ray thinks its good since my experience of it was really good.

I wouldn't mind trying it again.

Someone should really email Ray and ask him if GHB is good.

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
I tried GHB before a number of times.

A lot of people make it out to be this horrible thing but I thought it was wonderful. honestly, it wasn't that strong of a drug I could barely feel it when I take it but when I do feel it, it's very pleasant. It feels a lot like alcohol but makes you really sleepy (depending on the dose).

Sleeping on this stuff is amazing. it gives you extremely vivid dreams and I feel really well rested after taking it. it doesn't last long too like maybe an hour or two at the most. I'm somehow not surprised that Ray thinks its good since my experience of it was really good.

I wouldn't mind trying it again.

Someone should really email Ray and ask him if GHB is good.

He has said multiple times it is good. If you search his articles, the forum or the LIGHT search engine you will find those quotes. The problem is that it is highly illegal in most cuontries and in US, and that possession is enforced much more rigidly than other Schedule I drugs because it is considered a "date rape" drug. You can be arrested even for testing positive for traces of it, without any possession found on you.
DA drops drug charges against punk rocker
"...Prosecutors Tuesday dropped all charges against a punk rocker arrested earlier this month in Orange County after a field test showed the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap he was carrying contained the date-rape drug Gamma Hydroxy Butyrate, or GHB."

OP
Insaneacinamide
He has said multiple times it is good. If you search his articles, the forum or the LIGHT search engine you will find those quotes. The problem is that it is highly illegal in most cuontries and in US, and that possession is enforced much more rigidly than other Schedule I drugs because it is considered a "date rape" drug. You can be arrested even for testing positive for traces of it, without any possession found on you.
"...Prosecutors Tuesday dropped all charges against a punk rocker arrested earlier this month in Orange County after a field test showed the Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap he was carrying contained the date-rape drug Gamma Hydroxy Butyrate, or GHB."
@haidut why don't you mention that it is a prescription drug?
Would be nice to hear you mention some positives also.

Yes, there are positives and problems to this substance.
Anyone could buy certain foods (as Peat already mentioned ghb in some foods) then have that food/soap/whatever tested, and be arrested.
We are all ghb criminals.
Here is a chemical lab analyses of levels of ghb in beef. Taken from:
CERI: Beef Analysis for GHB by the Chemical Toxicology Institute
cti-1.gif

An informative page to those wanting to learn more:
CERI: The GHB Page

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut why don't you mention that it is a prescription drug?
Would be nice to hear you mention some positives also.

Yes, there are positives and problems to this substance.
Anyone could buy certain foods (as Peat already mentioned ghb in some foods) then have that food/soap/whatever tested, and be arrested.
We are all ghb criminals.
Here is a chemical lab analyses of levels of ghb in beef. Taken from:
CERI: Beef Analysis for GHB by the Chemical Toxicology Institute
cti-1.gif

An informative page to those wanting to learn more:
CERI: The GHB Page

Oh, there are a TON of positives. I am not bashing GHB, just saying that it is highly illegal and can get somebody arrested without any actual possession. So, it would be less risky to use LSD where arrest cannot be made (legally) unless you actually get caught with some amount on you.

haidut

Forum Supporter
We can agree on that.
Tons of positives, tons of negatives. An interesting substance anyways.

No medical negatives I am aware of. Only legal ones, which is a shame as the potential for abusing GHB is much lower than LSD.

OP
Insaneacinamide
No medical negatives I am aware of. Only legal ones, which is a shame as the potential for abusing GHB is much lower than LSD.
The negative's referring to things like legal issues, impure product issues, high prices, hard to get from a doctor, possible abuse, bad to mix with certain substances, all the bad media stigma, using machinery/vehicle while under a big dose, one night stands/dating with people you might not normally be attracted to due to higher libido.

Last edited:
I think that GHB when already weak could cause some excitoxicity upon rebound. When I was sick I started having this effect from phenibut, which prior had been tolerated well, and also from GHB.
However, it's overall not that bad.

ddjd

Apparantly GBL (gamma-butyrolactone) the precursor is very easily available across europe. I wonder if certain people hypothetically would convert it to GHB for ingestion

golder

If anyone can help me find this in the UK, please message me. I've got plenty of 'hard to gets', but struggling with this one. Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals