Girlfriend has low estrogen.

GorillaHead

Any suggestions on how to increase this naturally for her. She only 30. But she has low libido and other signs of low estrogen irregular period. Her progesterone is also low.

LadyRae

Vitex herb is great for balancing hormones. It lengthened my luteal phase and regulated my whole cycle. I've been taking it off and on since my late 20s. Currently 45, I've had 4 kids and have a very non dramatic, normal 28 day cycle.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Vitex herb is great for balancing hormones. It lengthened my luteal phase and regulated my whole cycle. I've been taking it off and on since my late 20s. Currently 45, I've had 4 kids and have a very non dramatic, normal 28 day cycle.
Thanks for the response but are there certain minerals or vitamins she could be missing. Id rather not have her use herbs as these are like very weak versions of pharamceuticals in some cases. They are hormone modulators

LadyRae

All i could think of was b vitamins. Iodine and boron
Yeah, of course all around balanced nutrition should come first. Bs, iodine, boron sound great. Plenty of eggs, beef, carrots, avacado, oysters- I eat a bit of these EVERY day.

Mad

Just my experience here and I’m no expert. But maybe since you know progesterone is low you could just focus on increasing her progesterone (take progest e and if needed, increase thyroid production, also have the daily carrot salad). When I was having horrible symptoms years ago I did a saliva test that showed very low estrogen and progesterone. I had been assuming I was estrogen dominant and when I got this result I dropped that theory. But now I’m thinking maybe estrogen was still a problem for me at that point …I’ve heard Ray talk about menopause and how the estrogen is accumulating in the tissues so while your blood may show “low estrogen”, the tissues still have excess estrogen. Estrogen becomes locked in the cell and the blood becomes deficient…this is my understanding of what Ray said. Taking progesterone would kick the locked estrogen out of the cells. So perhaps years ago my test results that showed low estrogen actually meant I had high estrogen locked in the tissues, and perhaps this is the same for your girlfriend? Just my current theory

S.Holmes

Just my experience here and I’m no expert. But maybe since you know progesterone is low you could just focus on increasing her progesterone (take progest e and if needed, increase thyroid production, also have the daily carrot salad). When I was having horrible symptoms years ago I did a saliva test that showed very low estrogen and progesterone. I had been assuming I was estrogen dominant and when I got this result I dropped that theory. But now I’m thinking maybe estrogen was still a problem for me at that point …I’ve heard Ray talk about menopause and how the estrogen is accumulating in the tissues so while your blood may show “low estrogen”, the tissues still have excess estrogen. Estrogen becomes locked in the cell and the blood becomes deficient…this is my understanding of what Ray said. Taking progesterone would kick the locked estrogen out of the cells. So perhaps years ago my test results that showed low estrogen actually meant I had high estrogen locked in the tissues, and perhaps this is the same for your girlfriend? Just my current theory
THIS :handpointup:

LadyRae

Yes, I agree. Serum tests are not reliable for actual estrogen in the body, and in fact may give someone the exact opposite results😩

ursidae

During which phase of the cycle were these tests performed?

LH, FSH, prolactin tests could provide more clarity
prolactin any time, LH and FSH within first week of cycle, progesterone can be tested on day 21 of cycle to see if it's an anovulatory cycle

low estrogen, low progesterone, oligomenorrhea- could be caused by hyperprolactinemia- an excess of prolactin disrupts the normal pulsatile release of GnRH (hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism)

if LH and FSH are not in the right ratio (1:1), there could be a hypothalamus-pituitary dysfunction. Her hypothalamus should be producing GnRH in pulsatile fashion to ensure sensitivity of pituitary receptors. If not, hypersecretion of LH occurs

the issue could also be be in the ovarian-pituitary feedback. Anti Mullerian hormone reduces the sensitivity of follicles to FSH which disrupts the selection of a dominant follicle (occurs in PCOS)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals