Gods Of The New Age

goodandevil

I meditated assiduously for years, it's supposed to be so great. It ****88 my life up. We are not put here to abstract ourselves from our humanity, we are put here to be fully human, to trust ourselves, and to do our best to allow the same in others. Strength isnt learning to avoid pain, but accepting that pain can't be avoided.

DaveFoster

You make some good points. There's a fine line between aggression and assertion.

I can't speak as a woman, but as a man, there is a way to retain your masculine identity while not being angry at the world.

Be kind, but be selective in who you are kind to. Not everyone deserves it.

Sheik

we are put here to be fully human, to trust ourselves, and to do our best to allow the same in others. [...] accepting that pain can't be avoided.
That is meditation. I don't know of any teacher who taught to avoid pain or squash our humanity. I think people tend to project onto these teachers the lessons they want or expect to hear. Myself included.

And in the end it taught you that pain can't be avoided. You wanted the impossible, and now you know it's not possible. If you never tried for it you still wouldn't know, would you?

I was a big fan of Osho for many years. I was obsessed with meditation and enlightenment. Got into magic mushrooms eventually because i was so desperate. ****88 me up real good. I got totally sick of this enlightenment stuff etc. Nowadays i don't have any trust in these gurus etc. I was much happier before i read any of this ***t anyway. I just wanna be a normal person nowadays. It's been really hard. I've experienced fear, anxiety and hopelessness i didn't knew exist. I've been really broken. Slowly, slowly i've regained my happiness and personality. Definitely believe in God still. I don't think "he" is a big guy up there somewhere though. It has helped a lot to think that i'm just a little human being here and i don't need to be "enlightent" or something and know the ins and outs of the universe. :grinning:

Makrosky

I meditated assiduously for years, it's supposed to be so great. It ****ed my life up. We are not put here to abstract ourselves from our humanity, we are put here to be fully human, to trust ourselves, and to do our best to allow the same in others. Strength isnt learning to avoid pain, but accepting that pain can't be avoided.

Lots of pain can be avoided by many means. From nutrition and supps(what we do here) to drugs(wether legal or illegal) to psychological/spiritual techniques. You can't avoid all of it. Some is even necessary I think. Why do you say it ****88 you up? Simple mindfulness meditation can be very helpful even for metabolic/stress issues. Tell us more of what happened.

I'm not sure you realize that during meditation you are the most "alive" you can be... it is called mindfulness for a reason.

Makrosky

Anyway, for anyone trying to recover from spiritual adventures that went wrong or that have left you with a crashed psyche or disoriented, I have found some things to be very helpful (it won't surprise anyone) : high caloric intake of carbs, saturated fat, animal protein including red meat, eggs, milk and cheese. All of it daily. It will ground you. Plus reducing stress hormones via supps means:glycine,taurine,cypro,tianeptine,whatever. Avena sativa (milky seed) tincture and bee pollen are very restorative for an overexherted brain also.

Anyway, for anyone trying to recover from spiritual adventures that went wrong or that have left you with a crashed psyche or disoriented, I have found some things to be very helpful (it won't surprise anyone) : high caloric intake of carbs, saturated fat, animal protein including red meat, eggs, milk and cheese. All of it daily. It will ground you. Plus reducing stress hormones via supps means:glycine,taurine,cypro,tianeptine,whatever. Avena sativa (milky seed) tincture and bee pollen are very restorative for an overexherted brain also.
Definitely!

Makrosky

Avoiding all new age foods like spirulina, exotic pufa oils, vegetables, seeds and all sorts of herbal therapies including western, chinese and ayurvedic. I included avena because it's works very good being very neutral at the same time. I have tried it myself. Avoid cleansing and fasting techniques including colon, coffee enemas and stuff. It's all pretty Peat. It works. Later you can play again with those things if you want to but there has to be a period of time without all those things.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

Lots of pain can be avoided by many means. From nutrition and supps(what we do here) to drugs(wether legal or illegal) to psychological/spiritual techniques. You can't avoid all of it. Some is even necessary I think. Why do you say it ****ed you up? Simple mindfulness meditation can be very helpful even for metabolic/stress issues. Tell us more of what happened.
After meditating, i just had this overwhelminv sense of needing to supress myself, to correct my thoughts, versus accepting them and understanding from whence they came. I believe this is a common theme in meditation, and therefore i distrust meditation. As more people have meditated, the world has gotten worse.

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

You make some good points. There's a fine line between aggression and assertion.

I can't speak as a woman, but as a man, there is a way to retain your masculine identity while not being angry at the world.

Be kind, but be selective in who you are kind to. Not everyone deserves it.
Well said. I do try and at least not disrespect anyone, but people are so easily offended, they are wired in the pavlovian sense to find certain things offensive while ignoring all the real offenses. It's like half their being is cut off, the same as what occurs in meditation. I believe it was lincoln, no hero of mine though i admire his mind, that said "plant your feet carefully then stand firm".

OP
goodandevil

goodandevil

I was a big fan of Osho for many years. I was obsessed with meditation and enlightenment. Got into magic mushrooms eventually because i was so desperate. ****ed me up real good. I got totally sick of this enlightenment stuff etc. Nowadays i don't have any trust in these gurus etc. I was much happier before i read any of this **** anyway. I just wanna be a normal person nowadays. It's been really hard. I've experienced fear, anxiety and hopelessness i didn't knew exist. I've been really broken. Slowly, slowly i've regained my happiness and personality. Definitely believe in God still. I don't think "he" is a big guy up there somewhere though. It has helped a lot to think that i'm just a little human being here and i don't need to be "enlightent" or something and know the ins and outs of the universe. :grinning:
Exactly! Yeah i did a lot of shrooms, too. You know i went through a similar cycle with respect to god. We're encouraged to emulate god, but that is impossible, because god made us human. I agree with taoism or whatever on the properties of god, but we are put here to be fully human. It's a shame that so many equate that with 0opuoar conceptions of anarchy, selfishness, &c. I suppose it's like Ray said, about social darwinism, that the genes must be defective. And we are told that human nature is defective, that we are groveling l, vindictive, and petty, and that is the cause of the world's problems. jn fact, the opposite is true, it is because we are treated and live like animals that we don't even know what being properly human is. Meditation is very dangerous. It's a defunt moral system, as old as time. People are bombarded with so many moral systems they seem unable to make their own judgements on right and wrong, again a denial of humanity.

T

tca300

I meditated assiduously for years, it's supposed to be so great. It ****ed my life up. We are not put here to abstract ourselves from our humanity, we are put here to be fully human, to trust ourselves, and to do our best to allow the same in others. Strength isnt learning to avoid pain, but accepting that pain can't be avoided.

Define " we are put here "

Greg says

I recently heard a comment from a trauma therapist that all this new age, spiritual bypassing was a possible PyschOps to make us more crazy and less effectual.

DaveFoster

10/10 trailer. Will watch.

As for meditation, Terence McKenna was a great example of what excessive meditation will do with psychedelic assistance. He was incredibly intelligent, and he removed himself from reality; this was his choice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals