Green Juices

pboy

interesting NWO...not sure what WGA are and I don't notice any toxicity symptoms when I drink Wheatgrass or Alfalfa Juice...however, they are a little bitter and
don't taste particularly good so there very well could be something toxic in them...but due to such the small amount necessary to get benefit and the fact that they aren't really unpleasant seems to slightly outweigh their potential toxic effects. You could get choline, iodine, and calcium from eggs/milk/OJ ect and never have to even worry about the juices which is probably what most people would prefer and enjoy more.
I could just see how for some people in certain situations it could be justifiable to juice wheatgrass and/or alfalfa, but not really how it would ever be justifiable to spend the time juicing anything else

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just because there is no immediate bad effects. Doesn't mean that there isn't bad effects.

nwo2012

pboy said:
interesting NWO...not sure what WGA are and I don't notice any toxicity symptoms when I drink Wheatgrass or Alfalfa Juice...however, they are a little bitter and
don't taste particularly good so there very well could be something toxic in them...but due to such the small amount necessary to get benefit and the fact that they aren't really unpleasant seems to slightly outweigh their potential toxic effects. You could get choline, iodine, and calcium from eggs/milk/OJ ect and never have to even worry about the juices which is probably what most people would prefer and enjoy more.
I could just see how for some people in certain situations it could be justifiable to juice wheatgrass and/or alfalfa, but not really how it would ever be justifiable to spend the time juicing anything else

WGA is wheat germ agglutinin.

Beebop

I once got 'beetroot flu' from drinking too much pure beetroot juice. The juice gave me an immediate sore throat, then two minutes later I got a dizzy headache and had to lie down. I was in bed for three days. Happened to two of us at the same time.

Beetroot flu - it's a thing :)

pboy

Do you think theres any truth to the fact that maybe its too much raw, specifically, juice that's the problem? (Because of all the plant alkaloids)

Would it be a safer route, if one is going to include some greens for specific minerals time to time, to make broths / long brewed teas as opposed to raw juices?
They seem more appealing to me that way naturally but theres lots of conflicting information out there...currently I do some juice and some tea, I mostly only do the juice raw
because supposedly I may be damaging parts of it by heating it...though the more time I spend on forums like these and correlate things to my actual perceived experience, it seems like the raw juices are harsh and not providing much but rather just stimulating

johnwester130

Personally, green juice lowered body temperature.

therefore I assume it lowers metabolism

and would be very anti peat

Atlas4500

nwo2012 said:
post 12511 All the WGA in wheatgrass should be avoided, not rejoiced. It is actually toxic for that every reason. Alfalfa juice is similarly toxic.

WGA means Wheat germ agglutinin and is located in the germ/seed, it wouldn't be in the grass people use for their juicing.

Also, 8fl oz of wheatgrass juice has a lot of selenium, almost 6000 ug from cronometer :shock: :shock: :shock: , 0 GRAMS OF FAT = no PUFA :shock: :shock: :shock: , almost 30g of protein :shock: :shock: :shock: , zinc, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B3, and vitmain A....all very peaty.

My diet is very peaty, and I am looking to incorporate wheatgrass. I will be reporting how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Atlas4500 said:
post 112411 a lot of selenium, almost 6000 ug
I dare say this depends on the medium it is grown in.
But 6000 mcg selenium/day on an ongoing basis would be well above the level for toxicity, wouldn't it? I don't think it's fair to Peat call that peaty. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlas4500

tara said:
I dare say this depends on the medium it is grown in.
But 6000 mcg selenium/day on an ongoing basis would be well above the level for toxicity, wouldn't it? I don't think it's fair to Peat call that peaty. :)

all very correct. ;)

moringa

i believe vegetables should be cooked to break down fibers to release the nutrients... hippocrates used vegetable broths/soups to heal people

Dave Clark

I believe that one of the reasons Ray might not like alfalfa, and possibly wheat grass is due to the high levels of estrogen, along with the plant toxins.

kayumochi

Take a close look at every big-time green juicer. Virtually all of them have poor color in their faces, and often have freezing cold hands, and/or can't handle the cold at all. Dr. Robert Young's "pH Miracle" diet. should be called the "Pale Face Diet", because everyone on it looks like s**t.

That was my experience: pallor. And teeth going bad.

shepherdgirl

According to this website,
some veggies produce nitric oxide due to arginine, citrulline, or nitrates. They also specifically mention that beets and spinach make nitric oxide.
Some other things to consider: oxalate, phosphorus content, goitrogens.

Jennifer

@Jennifer - I've been meaning to ask your thoughts on this for a long time. What's your opinion on green juices? And thank you for the iodine reply!
Oh, my pleasure! :)

Well, maybe not the most popular view but I love veggies in general and always have. Though my personal preference is whole veggies or in terms of juices, fruit juices, I do think green juices (or green broths) have their place, particularly for those who don't digest whole greens well and/or are finding fruit to be too aggressive - too astringent/cleansing. Green juices can be a good replacement while working up to fruit and whole veggies, if a person would prefer to eat their greens instead.

I consider greens/veggies to be mostly the builders of the muscular and skeletal systems (high in amino acids and more complex chemistry/dense nutrition) and fruits the deep cleansers and brain and nerve food (astringent properties and simpler chemistry) but depending on the greens, they're also good for chelating toxic chemicals and heavy metals, fighting infections, deodorizing (Hello chlorophyll!), and enhancing the endocrine glands.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not I believe we need to be extra cautious when it comes to consuming cruciferous greens in raw juice form because of their possible effects on the thyroid, but I do believe their high sulphur content may cause gas in some, particularly those who have taken sulpha drugs as this inorganic sulphur is hard for the body to excrete and can make one more prone to gas.

When I get cravings for greens, my preference is tender baby lettuces like butter and romaine made into wraps with some mango, heirloom tomatoes, creamy avocado and whatnot or an herbal concentrate I make from mostly dried culinary herbs. I believe herbs and spices are some of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and that it's no coincidence that cultures from all around the world include some variety of them in their traditional dishes. Dr. Morse says alfalfa is one of the highest sources of calcium, but I don't recall if Ray has spoken about it. I know he has talked about clover and its effect on sheep, but I don't know if alfalfa would have a similar effect, and on humans.

Kyle Bigman

I wonder if many benefits of juicing is due to protein or fat fasting. I guess other hypotheses as well, like proper hydration or certain minerals.

ddjd

I once got 'beetroot flu' from drinking too much pure beetroot juice. The juice gave me an immediate sore throat, then two minutes later I got a dizzy headache and had to lie down. I was in bed for three days. Happened to two of us at the same time.

Beetroot flu - it's a thing :)
anti thyroid effect?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals