Green light exposure may reduce Fear based Anxiety and Opioid Use

OP
David PS

David PS

I have had the Sota Light Works for years, it came with a variety of color wands:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0cflo5pYIc
Thanks, it is an interesting addition to this thread. I like the description at page 2 of the pdf:
1671119284632.png

Inaut

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ9YNrw5FPI

Last edited:
OP
David PS

David PS

@Inaut - Thanks, those were great pieces of information to further support for the idea that green light contributes to stress reduction. I do not see the need to purchase special dichromatic bulbs. Green eyeglasses are working fine for me and green LED lights have been shown to work as well. The eyeglasses lower the amount of light (darken) that enters the eye and I consider that to be a good thing. It does suggest that I have to wear my green eyeglasses for a longer period of time to get the same effect and I am okay with that.

Inaut

I’ve ordered a bulb which I will test out. I’m curious to see if it has any beneficial effects on the skin (like that of red light).

OP
David PS

David PS

I’ve ordered a bulb which I will test out. I’m curious to see if it has any beneficial effects on the skin (like that of red light).
Great , let me know your test results.

“The eyes and the lungs are sensitive tissues that are easily harmed by inappropriate environmental exposure. They are especially sensitive in infancy and old age.” -Ray Peat

stoic

Interesting.

I remember reading an article on the "scientifically proven" benefits of green on creativity.

A few libraries were mentioned that decided to repaint all their walls green for that reason.

OP
David PS

David PS

BRMarshall

Of course in a thread about colored light, "Green is the Color" as the song goes...
one must tip one's hat to people like Edwin Babbitt and Darius Dinshah and the Spectrochome work....which worked with just
colored glass!

i bought the glasses and look forward to using them
And may well get the dichro bulb as well

OP
David PS

David PS

Of course in a thread about colored light, "Green is the Color" as the song goes...
one must tip one's hat to people like Edwin Babbitt and Darius Dinshah and the Spectrochome work....which worked with just
colored glass!

Let me know how your experiment goes. I do not have any medical need to purchase a dichro bulb and so I will wait and see if the green eyeglasses work to keep the winter doldrums to a minimum.

In addition, I am not convinced that the special bulbs are necessary because green LEDs emit green light in a very narrow brandwidth similar to that used in the rat study. 524nm is about 525 nm.
green-LED-524nm.jpg

all 29 individuals spent 1–2 hours daily with an LED strip emitting green light with a wavelength of about 525 nanometers and the same brightness as the white light.

Dave Clark

I see a lot of 'flood light' style bulbs in the dichromatic green bulbs available, but has anyone found a proper bulb that is a standard round bulb style in the dichromatic green? Other than my Light Works machine, I was thinking about putting some green bulbs in certain areas of my house that I some time in, but i don't want to get just any green bulb that is not the proper dichromatic green, like Dr. J talks about. The flood light triangular bulbs won't fit in some of my lights.

OP
David PS

David PS

This thread from 2013 cites a 1991 study that suggests that green light induced greater antidepressant effects than red light for seasonal affective disorder (SAD).

From the graphs below, it appears that the move from natural lighting to incandescents was very unnatural and that the current move to halgons or LEDs by themselves is not truly corrective.

led-lighting-2.jpg

OP
David PS

David PS

OP
David PS

David PS

@Inaut

Sorry if this was posted here or elsewhere.
Thanks, it is always nice to read about the physiology behind the effects light.

Incidently, I used a handheld green light device today for the first time. Silly me, I was surprised that it came with blackout goggles for my eyes. Maybe it is just a liability issue.

OP
David PS

David PS

Inaut

colored glass!

Just received my green dichro bulb today. Turned off all the lights and turned it on....The light is sooooo soothing. Very different from an led.

Now I know why they are used in theatre.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom