Guilt Free Smoking Room

Elephanto

@Fractality

Zinc supplementation reduces Aluminium concentrations and protects against some of its damage.

Zinc Supplementation Alters Plasma Aluminum and Selenium Status of Patients Undergoing Dialysis: A Pilot Study

Zinc Improves Cognitive and Neuronal Dysfunction During Aluminium-Induced Neurodegeneration. - PubMed - NCBI

Zinc modulates aluminium-induced oxidative stress and cellular injury in rat brain. - PubMed - NCBI
(interestingly this one shows that Aluminium significantly increased Iron concentrations, so no mutual exclusivity with either theories of Iron or Aluminium accumulation in the brains of Alzheimer patients)

Vitamin E, Selenium and Magnesium Citrate also effective :
Effect of vitamin E and selenium against aluminum-induced nephrotoxicity in pregnant rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Inhibition of aluminium toxicity by magnesium and citric acid in tobacco tissue culture. - PubMed - NCBI

Additionally to food products with added Aluminium, tea (esp. black) and cocoa powder are also important sources.

Frankdee20

I'm a sucker for cigars. Partagas serie D if I want to get my socks blown off, Behike for special occasions, Montecristo or Aging Room for normal smokes.

Nice way to spend an hour or so. A cigar is an occasion.

Love cigars ! You get the nicotine through the mouth. Liga Privada T52, and Drew Estates are my favorite

Frankdee20

@Fractality

Zinc supplementation reduces Aluminium concentrations and protects against some of its damage.

Zinc Supplementation Alters Plasma Aluminum and Selenium Status of Patients Undergoing Dialysis: A Pilot Study

Zinc Improves Cognitive and Neuronal Dysfunction During Aluminium-Induced Neurodegeneration. - PubMed - NCBI

Zinc modulates aluminium-induced oxidative stress and cellular injury in rat brain. - PubMed - NCBI
(interestingly this one shows that Aluminium significantly increased Iron concentrations, so no mutual exclusivity with either theories of Iron or Aluminium accumulation in the brains of Alzheimer patients)

Effect of vitamin E and selenium against aluminum-induced nephrotoxicity in pregnant rats. - PubMed - NCBI

Inhibition of aluminium toxicity by magnesium and citric acid in tobacco tissue culture. - PubMed - NCBI

Additionally to food products with added Aluminium, tea (esp. black) and cocoa powder are also important sources.

Yes, citric Acid is a chelator of Aluminum

Elephanto

Yes, citric Acid is a chelator of Aluminum

Yeah it appears to be the most effective of acids for fecal excretion, although Malic and Succinic acids have the highest chelation potential. This reminds me that I bought succinic acid about 2 years ago but never played with it much. I'm cautious with heavy metals chelators, I prefer the essential minerals that have broader systemic effects and protect the brain independently. Taurine should be effective too as low doses (175mg x 3 meals) significantly increases heavy metals excretion (and more than higher doses).

Fractality

@Fractality

Cool thanks, I've got a zinc supplement I'll report back with the details. Let me know if it's good.

Back to tobacco/nicotine, where are the pipe smokers? I bought a pipe a while back but haven't really used it too much. Vaping is much more conveniene
@Fractality

Thanks, I have Source Natural's zinc lozenge (zinc gluconate, ascorbate, and amino acid chelate) 23MG per lozenge. Is that a good one?

Elephanto

Cool thanks, I've got a zinc supplement I'll report back with the details. Let me know if it's good.

Back to tobacco/nicotine, where are the pipe smokers? I bought a pipe a while back but haven't really used it too much. Vaping is much more conveniene

Thanks, I have Source Natural's zinc lozenge (zinc gluconate, ascorbate, and amino acid chelate) 23MG per lozenge. Is that a good one?

I use Zinc Picolinate (Now brand). Picolinic Acid increases Zinc absorption, and B6/P-5-P increases Picolinic Acid in the system.

Compared with Citrate and Gluconate, only Zinc Picolinate significantly increased Zinc concentrations (at 50mg elemental Zinc) :
Zinc was measured in hair, urine, erythrocyte and serum before and after each period. At the end of four weeks hair, urine and erythrocyte zinc levels rose significantly (p less than 0.005, p less than 0.001, and p less than 0.001) during zinc picolinate administration. There was no significant change in any of these parameters from zinc gluconate, zinc citrate or placebo administration.

Last edited:

Herbie

Judging by its taste and its effects, I am convinced that they ammonia isn't normally added to whole-leaves. If you were to try smoking some whole tobacco leaves for a few months and then have an American Spirit, I think you'd find that the latter will hit you much harder. American Spirit—like all others—adds ammonia to increase the pH of the tobacco, having the ultimate intent of deprotonating more nicotine towards the neutral form. Acidic nicotine is ionized, and for this reason it has an ionic attraction towards other charged particles and molecules: Basic nicotine, however, has no formal charge and hence has a higher mobility in gas phase. Acidic nicotine will volatilize at a lower temperature, allowing more to be inhaled and less pyrolyzed by the advancing flame front. Yet unfortunately: this enhanced mobility of nicotine is accompanied by ammonia gas, which has nitric oxide as a pyrolysis product. [NH₃ + O₂ = ṄO + H₃O⁺] I am convinced that inhaled reactive nitrogen gasses are responsible for the epidemiological links between cancer and 'cigarette smoking,' an not 'pipe smoking,' and also the lack of difference observed between smokers of 'light' cigarettes to 'regular' ones: Tobacco companies add more ammonia to light cigarettes to compensate for their inherently lower nicotine, allowing even a light cigarette to have as much vaporized nicotine as a unfiltered cigarette sans ammonia. Yet in a somewhat humorous fashion, this is often explained as 'smokers of light cigarettes inhaling deeper to compensate.' What are they compensating for when they both have comparable nicotine levels?

Should a person buy ammonia-free whole leaf tobacco they would also need to buy a shredder, unless of course they're committed to rolling cigars. Should a person buy a shredder, I'd avoid the cheap $30 aluminum one simply because the smallest misalignment—e.g. a bent rake—would lead to attrition and the resultant aluminum nanoparticles. I have unintentionally created these,.and no doubt have smoked vaporized aluminum before acquiring an all-stainless steel shredder. I feel buying the aluminum shredder would be tantamount to trading the reduced carcinogenicity of ammonia-free tobacco for enhanced Parkinson's potential. Aluminum welders and heavy users of cocaine—when 'cut' with double-acting baking powder [?]—are two high-risk Parkinson's groups that inhale aluminum. The substantia nigra is almost directly behind the olfactory bulb, and there are not many things besides Al³⁺ that will cause permanent nerve damage. The classic drug for inducing Parkinson's in animals in MPTP, yet the effects of this drug are reversible within weeks. A far better model for Parkinson's is injecting or inhaling aluminum, which has sequelae indistinguishable from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's in every way. Daniel Perl had been convinced in the 1980s that the only difference between the ALS, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's was where the aluminum had tended to distribute.
Judging by its taste and its effects, I am convinced that they ammonia isn't normally added to whole-leaves. If you were to try smoking some whole tobacco leaves for a few months and then have an American Spirit, I think you'd find that the latter will hit you much harder. American Spirit—like all others—adds ammonia to increase the pH of the tobacco, having the ultimate intent of deprotonating more nicotine towards the neutral form. Acidic nicotine is ionized, and for this reason it has an ionic attraction towards other charged particles and molecules: Basic nicotine, however, has no formal charge and hence has a higher mobility in gas phase. Acidic nicotine will volatilize at a lower temperature, allowing more to be inhaled and less pyrolyzed by the advancing flame front. Yet unfortunately: this enhanced mobility of nicotine is accompanied by ammonia gas, which has nitric oxide as a pyrolysis product. [NH₃ + O₂ = ṄO + H₃O⁺] I am convinced that inhaled reactive nitrogen gasses are responsible for the epidemiological links between cancer and 'cigarette smoking,' an not 'pipe smoking,' and also the lack of difference observed between smokers of 'light' cigarettes to 'regular' ones: Tobacco companies add more ammonia to light cigarettes to compensate for their inherently lower nicotine, allowing even a light cigarette to have as much vaporized nicotine as a unfiltered cigarette sans ammonia. Yet in a somewhat humorous fashion, this is often explained as 'smokers of light cigarettes inhaling deeper to compensate.' What are they compensating for when they both have comparable nicotine levels?

Should a person buy ammonia-free whole leaf tobacco they would also need to buy a shredder, unless of course they're committed to rolling cigars. Should a person buy a shredder, I'd avoid the cheap $30 aluminum one simply because the smallest misalignment—e.g. a bent rake—would lead to attrition and the resultant aluminum nanoparticles. I have unintentionally created these,.and no doubt have smoked vaporized aluminum before acquiring an all-stainless steel shredder. I feel buying the aluminum shredder would be tantamount to trading the reduced carcinogenicity of ammonia-free tobacco for enhanced Parkinson's potential. Aluminum welders and heavy users of cocaine—when 'cut' with double-acting baking powder [?]—are two high-risk Parkinson's groups that inhale aluminum. The substantia nigra is almost directly behind the olfactory bulb, and there are not many things besides Al³⁺ that will cause permanent nerve damage. The classic drug for inducing Parkinson's in animals in MPTP, yet the effects of this drug are reversible within weeks. A far better model for Parkinson's is injecting or inhaling aluminum, which has sequelae indistinguishable from Alzheimer's and Parkinson's in every way. Daniel Perl had been convinced in the 1980s that the only difference between the ALS, Parkinson's, and Alzheimer's was where the aluminum had tended to distribute.

Cheers mate

Herbie

I found a place which ships mapacho rolls Mapacho log – Nicotiana Rustica - Black wild tobacco - shamandealer.com

"Normally it is thought that the snuff is not able to induce visions, but it was intensely used by indigenous groups they regarded it as the quintessential shamanic intoxication. This kind of snuff is one of the strongest in the world, including its alkaloid content is significantly higher than the (Nicotiana tabacum) it was used exclusively for its entheogenic powers (to invoke the spirits etc.), its smoked during ayahuascan ceremonies or added to the brew. The snuff is present throughout the process of traditional medicines."

I did smoke these as cigarettes, very enjoyable taste and distinct smell and very strong.

Travis

I found a place which ships mapacho rolls Mapacho log – Nicotiana Rustica - Black wild tobacco - shamandealer.com

"Normally it is thought that the snuff is not able to induce visions, but it was intensely used by indigenous groups they regarded it as the quintessential shamanic intoxication. This kind of snuff is one of the strongest in the world, including its alkaloid content is significantly higher than the (Nicotiana tabacum) it was used exclusively for its entheogenic powers (to invoke the spirits etc.), its smoked during ayahuascan ceremonies or added to the brew. The snuff is present throughout the process of traditional medicines."

I did smoke these as cigarettes, very enjoyable taste and distinct smell and very strong.

I didn't know there was another tobacco species. This reminds me of the two coffee species C. arabica and C. robusta, and since one coffee specie is better than the other the same could hold for tobacco. This is not a bad price either, as one pack of cigarettes includes approximately 16 grams of tobacco which yields $227 per pound, at $8 per pack, and most of this goes to the government as tax. That website also has a similar one at $38 per pound, which is similar to that Krumovgrad Bulgarian Oriental that I always think about trying. That Peruvian tobacco is most certainly ammonia-free, and it also appears mostly tax-free as judging by the price. Even shredded American Spirit is $91 per pound and its ammonia concentration is questionable, although it doesn't taste or feel as though it has any. That website that you'd linked also has Psychotria Viridis, which could be the one plant having the most DMT by mass.

Last edited:

Herbie

@Travis this species has apparently up to 9 times the nicotine and more beta carbolines so maybe it’s better, might not need smoke as much of it, going from them to a regular cigarette is like breathing air, Did I even light this thing?

It’s certainly a good price, currently in Australia, we pay 69% tax on tobacco. A 50 gram pouch is close to $85 now. If I could get one of those roles in without customs finding it, it would be nice.

Yeah they sell the mescaline containing cactus as well.

Travis

@Travis this species has apparently up to 9 times the nicotine and more beta carbolines so maybe it’s better, might not need smoke as much of it, going from them to a regular cigarette is like breathing air, Did I even light this thing?

It’s certainly a good price, currently in Australia, we pay 69% tax on tobacco. A 50 gram pouch is close to $85 now. If I could get one of those roles in without customs finding it, it would be nice.

Yeah they sell the mescaline containing cactus as well.

That one could even be exempt because it's a different species, and perhaps there could be a clause hiding within some Australian customs document specifying that only 'Nicotiana tabacum shall be taxed to death'—thereby forming a loophole. Certainly 'Indian tobacco' (Lobelia inflata) isn't taxed, and even though it's not of the same genus this means that the mere application of the word 'tobacco' isn't sufficient for taxation.

Last edited:

Herbie

That one could even be exempt because it's a different species, and perhaps there could be a clause hiding within some Australian customs document specifying that only 'Nicotiana tabacum shall be taxed to death'—thereby forming a loophole. Certainly 'Indian tobacco' (Lobelia inflata) isn't taxed, and even though it's not of the same genus this means that the mere application of the word 'tobacco' isn't sufficient for taxation.

Interesting. It might be imported under ‘herbs’ I’ll find out.

I gave up smoking but I'm thinking about how the nicotine made me smarter and my head less chaotic and less "schizo-ish". Do you think puffing sigars is a good alternative for vaping capsules? Cheers!

dq139

I recently started smoking one or two cigs a day, I smoked the natural American spirit's. I feel it reduces cortisol and increases dopamine, but I'm afraid I'm getting addicted and I don't want that do you guys know of any ways I can reduce or offset the harm of smoking one or two cigs a day or maybe 5 some days and not get addicted? I don't like the feeling of being addicted to anything, but nicotine is the only thing that changes my mind set it seems

DavidGardner

I recently started smoking one or two cigs a day, I smoked the natural American spirit's. I feel it reduces cortisol and increases dopamine, but I'm afraid I'm getting addicted and I don't want that do you guys know of any ways I can reduce or offset the harm of smoking one or two cigs a day or maybe 5 some days and not get addicted? I don't like the feeling of being addicted to anything, but nicotine is the only thing that changes my mind set it seems

Niacinamide and pregnenolone can both reduce cravings. When I feel anything at all from pregnenolone, it is the closest thing I know of to nicotine, probably because both increase progesterone and allopregnanolone in the brain.

dq139

Niacinamide and pregnenolone can both reduce cravings. When I feel anything at all from pregnenolone, it is the closest thing I know of to nicotine, probably because both increase progesterone and allopregnanolone in the brain.

Thanks for the info! How much niacinamide do you take to reduce it? I currently have niacinamide but don't have any pregnenolone yet.

DavidGardner

Thanks for the info! How much niacinamide do you take to reduce it? I currently have niacinamide but don't have any pregnenolone yet.

Just 500 mg. Any more than that is too sedating for me. You will notice it start to work very quickly for an oral supplement. I also only take 10 mg of pregnenolone at a time as a pill, not topically. Not too big into hormone-based supplements, hence the low dosage.

Broken man

I dont know if this is the right place for my question but if somebody wants just nicotine and nicotine patches are expensive same as good additive free tobacco, do you really think that vaping nicotine with base containing only propylene glycol and glycerine is bad thing? @zewe and @Travis. Just for example, the price for additive free tobacco for 1 month is same as base for 3 months here where I am living. Thank you.

Peatogenic

I smoke organic tobacco, but thinking of going to filterless and rolling my own. Is there a radiation issue even with organic tobacco? What's the best rolling paper for least toxins?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom