Has anyone tried brewing tobacco blends instead of tea?

Aymen

Has anyone tried brewing tobacco blends instead of tea?

So finally I found a store in my country that sells cigars, pipe and tobacco blends, I have found the
Amber Leaf rolling your own tobacco brand made in Japan, and I don’t know if it’s organic or not but
here is the description:
“Amber Leaf Original hand rolling tobacco is a blend of Virginia and Burley tobaccos and offers
uncompromised quality from seed to pouch.”

I don’t drink tea, but I’m thinking of making a small teaspoon of the tobacco blends in my coffee filter
using Ray peat method, he doesn’t use machine to make coffee, he uses the brewing method, If I’m
right I think in an interview with Danny Roddy he says he uses low water temperature first to extract
the minerals and vitamins and antioxidant then he uses a half cup of hot water to extract the
caffeine. Well, I’m trying to do the same thing using tobacco blends, I didn’t find any quote from him
about tobacco leaves but he says that all smoking is cancerogenic, but what about brewing it instead
of tea, would not it be beneficial without having the bad effects of smoking?

I never tried smoking, though I have read many of the posts in the forum about smoking, it seems it
has good and bad things, I think the bad things come from burning tobacco and the chemicals they
add in commercial cigarettes, I also don’t want to roll my own and inhale it into my lungs, I feel more
secure about using a high quality Cohiba cigar once a week instead of everyday cigarettes, it’s made
by 100% tobacco and there are some brands that are handmade and others are machine made, but I
also read that cigar smokers are more likely than cigarette smokers to develop gum problems
(gingivitis, periodontal disease), cigars also has nicotine amount equal to a pack of cigarettes so you
will get too much nicotine at once if you smoke cigar which can be stressful like taking too much
caffeine at once.

Tobacco has been used as medicine in ancient times:

ed,and%20useful%20in%20relieving%20pain.

Read the “EARLY USE IN EUROPE” section here:
Also the “THE NINETEENTH CENTURY” section and “THE TWENTIETH CENTURY AND AFTER” section.

I don’t know if tobacco was organic or not in ancient times, many fertilizers and pesticides are used
for tobacco production, but I read that curing, fermenting and sun drying reduce the bad things in it:
“The fermentation process causes the tobacco to have high commercial quality and turns its color to
dark yellow, eliminating harmful odors, degrading harmful substances, reducing offensive odor, and
producing tobacco-specific flavors [5, 6]. Stacked fermentation is a common type of fermentation [7]
»
8#:~:text=The%20fermentation%20process%20causes%20the,type%20of%20fermentation%20%5B7
%5D.

But still consuming pure tobacco would be better than not, the plant has its own and its good, we
consume coffee from south America, we consume cacao from south America, so why not tobacco?
For centuries, gardeners have used home-made mixtures of tobacco and water as a natural pesticide
to kill insect pests, so maybe it can be used as natural antibiotic to kill the bad worms in our
intestine?

Finally, I think the mainstream science exaggerated about the bad effects of tobacco use, ignoring
the good things about the plant, why is nicotine evil and caffeine is good? Nicotine has the same
effects of caffeine so they don’t talk about that, and assuming burning tobacco is bad, we can get the
benefits of the plant by brewing it like coffee, I will start by using a very small amount very soon as an
experiment, I read that burning tobacco reduce the amount of nicotine in it so a very small amount
of tobacco blends may have the same amount of nicotine as in 1 cigarette.

bagotage

I put a little tobacco in my tea and my coffee most days, you have to be careful IME, it's easy to make yourself nauseous if you use too much. I like it in moderation though! Probably better for you than smoking.

OP
A

Aymen

I put a little tobacco in my tea and my coffee most days, you have to be careful IME, it's easy to make yourself nauseous if you use too much. I like it in moderation though! Probably better for you than smoking.
Yes i will give it a try, i use raw cacao powder already in my milk and i'm careful with the doses ( no more than 1 tbsp at once) and i didn't get any side effects.

Have you noticed the same effects from smoking and putting tobacco in your coffee / tea?

OP
A

Aymen

Any smoker / ex smoker here tried this method?

Ok i tried to put the amber leaf tobacco today with my morning breakfast whichis 15 dates and coffee and 1 cup of low fat milk , slowly pouring low water temperature on both tobacco and coffee then finished with a half cup of hot boiled water then i drank it with a cup of milk and a straw, i got a bit of throat irritation at first then it went away, i still need more time to make a conclusion about my experience, i will report every three days.

the combination of very small tsp of tobacco and coffee didn't give me nausea, nor vomitting or shakiness or dizziness, i felt like i have a more carefree habit, more focus and calmer, but heart rate increased, my temperature went up 20 minutes after eating my breakfast.

I probably need to drink tobacco water alone to see if those are the effects of nicotine and other alkaloids from tobacco or it was the caffeine, i,m not sure if the boiling water temperature extracts tobacco alkaloids (nicotine, anatabine, anabasine) as much as burning it then smoking it.

@Herbie @BigYellowLemon

purple pill

Not tried brewing but based on swallowing too much from snus and nicotine gums i imagine it would cause too much irritation to the stomach but there's other ingredients in snus and nicotine gum so they may be adding to the irritation experienced idk will say though amber leaf is full of perfumes and who knows what else, i was smoking organic whole leaf tobacco imported from the US a while ago until they came in with some new customs bs putting a stop to it, stuff was amazing compared to the garbage they sell in shops, anyway amber leaf was the first tobacco i smoked after my supply ran out and couldnt believe how retched that stuff is, made me feel sick with the worst headache ive ever had and the perfume smell was unbelievably strong.....which is was weird bcoz i never noticed before i smoked the pure tobacco

OP
A

Aymen

Not tried brewing but based on swallowing too much from snus and nicotine gums i imagine it would cause too much irritation to the stomach but there's other ingredients in snus and nicotine gum so they may be adding to the irritation experienced idk will say though amber leaf is full of perfumes and who knows what else, i was smoking organic whole leaf tobacco imported from the US a while ago until they came in with some new customs bs putting a stop to it, stuff was amazing compared to the garbage they sell in shops, anyway amber leaf was the first tobacco i smoked after my supply ran out and couldnt believe how retched that stuff is, made me feel sick with the worst headache ive ever had and the perfume smell was unbelievably strong.....which is was weird bcoz i never noticed before i smoked the pure tobacco
I don't like isolated substances, nicotine gums and patch have their owns ingredients too, it's said that not only the nicotine that inhibits aromatase but always other tobacco alkaloids like anabasine so it's like you say coffee is more than caffeine, tobacco is more than nicotine:

I liked the smell of amber leaf, i think it's the natural taste of tobacco not added perfumes, here is what i find:
"Amber Leaf Original hand rolling tobacco is a blend of Bright Amber Virginia and Burley tobaccos. Giving a nutty and mild flavoured smoke."

The tobacco taste seems strong too.

Makrosky

I didn't try brewing but I don't see why it can't work. Probably you can even skip the brewing and just infuse it in room temperature water btw.

You have to be careful with the dosage also btw, as an OD of oral tobacco can kill you. But you probably know this.

OP
A

Aymen

I didn't try brewing but I don't see why it can't work. Probably you can even skip the brewing and just infuse it in room temperature water btw.

You have to be careful with the dosage also btw, as an OD of oral tobacco can kill you. But you probably know this.
Thank you, yeah i'm aware that this stuff can be dangerous if it's not used carefully.

I took my time today to read about the solubility of alkaloids, it seems that the extraction of nicotine from water is limited, nicotine is dissolved in water temperature between 60°C and 200°C, the boiling water temperature is 100°C so it should do the job.

"Nicotine is an oily yellowish-brown liquid with hygroscopic properties and easily
dissolves with light petroleum, ether, and alcohol. Also, it is miscible with water in its base at a temperature range of 60-210 °C [15]. Several solvents were investigated as alkaloid extracting agents. This included isooctane, benzene, petroleum ether, and chloroform. Among the investigated hydrocarbons, Benzene showed higher satisfaction as an extracting solvent [16]. Hence, extracting the nicotine from tobacco leaves and purifying the nicotine could result in the best product."

Attachments

• 22846808111.32783290.pdf
    801 KB · Views: 4

Makrosky

Thank you, yeah i'm aware that this stuff can be dangerous if it's not used carefully.

I took my time today to read about the solubility of alkaloids, it seems that the extraction of nicotine from water is limited, nicotine is dissolved in water temperature between 60°C and 200°C, the boiling water temperature is 100°C so it should do the job.

"Nicotine is an oily yellowish-brown liquid with hygroscopic properties and easily
dissolves with light petroleum, ether, and alcohol. Also, it is miscible with water in its base at a temperature range of 60-210 °C [15]. Several solvents were investigated as alkaloid extracting agents. This included isooctane, benzene, petroleum ether, and chloroform. Among the investigated hydrocarbons, Benzene showed higher satisfaction as an extracting solvent [16]. Hence, extracting the nicotine from tobacco leaves and purifying the nicotine could result in the best product."
Nice find. But honestly I feel nicotine is the least interesting compound of tobacco. When I try isolated nicotine products they don't even remotely come similar to real tobacco.

Any smoker / ex smoker here tried this method?

Ok i tried to put the amber leaf tobacco today with my morning breakfast whichis 15 dates and coffee and 1 cup of low fat milk , slowly pouring low water temperature on both tobacco and coffee then finished with a half cup of hot boiled water then i drank it with a cup of milk and a straw, i got a bit of throat irritation at first then it went away, i still need more time to make a conclusion about my experience, i will report every three days.

the combination of very small tsp of tobacco and coffee didn't give me nausea, nor vomitting or shakiness or dizziness, i felt like i have a more carefree habit, more focus and calmer, but heart rate increased, my temperature went up 20 minutes after eating my breakfast.

I probably need to drink tobacco water alone to see if those are the effects of nicotine and other alkaloids from tobacco or it was the caffeine, i,m not sure if the boiling water temperature extracts tobacco alkaloids (nicotine, anatabine, anabasine) as much as burning it then smoking it.

@Herbie @BigYellowLemon

I wouldn’t drink tobacco. The fermented tobacco creates toxic nitrosamines. In some people these are quickly metabolized and lose a small risk, in others they build up and can give you pancreatic or stomach cancer. Imo this is the 100% main cause of anything tobacco related being truly bad. The hydrocarbons and tar can be a nuisance but weed has it much worse.

Try unfermented tobacco, like American General Snus or anything Nordic/Scandinavian. It is expensive though, tbh. I have also been wondering about uncurled raw tibacco but apparently it tastes disgusting and putted before it’s smoked.

OP
A

Aymen

I wouldn’t drink tobacco. The fermented tobacco creates toxic nitrosamines. In some people these are quickly metabolized and lose a small risk, in others they build up and can give you pancreatic or stomach cancer. Imo this is the 100% main cause of anything tobacco related being truly bad. The hydrocarbons and tar can be a nuisance but weed has it much worse.

Try unfermented tobacco, like American General Snus or anything Nordic/Scandinavian. It is expensive though, tbh. I have also been wondering about uncurled raw tibacco but apparently it tastes disgusting and putted before it’s smoked.
I,m still getting a a bit of itchy throat when i drink it even if it's combined with coffee, the itching disappear right after finishing the drink so it could be an allergic reaction, the mental effects of drinking tobacco water are very similar to coffee (and may even be better) so i,m very sure the nicotine is dissolved with boiling water temperature.

I couldn't find snus, only cigars and pipe and blended tobacco, i told the seller that i will roll my own cigarettes so he can gives me the blended tobacco.

I mainly read about the benefits of nicotine and anabasine one get from smoking but i know that burning tobacco is not a good idea because many bad chemicals are formed with combustion temperature (same thing for grilling meat), i assume putting tobacco in water will not expose me to the bad chemicals formed when smoking but i still get other bad chemicals from pesticide use but i,m always drinking coffee which is always have pesticides.

I,m still getting a a bit of itchy throat when i drink it even if it's combined with coffee, the itching disappear right after finishing the drink so it could be an allergic reaction, the mental effects of drinking tobacco water are very similar to coffee (and may even be better) so i,m very sure the nicotine is dissolved with boiling water temperature.

I couldn't find snus, only cigars and pipe and blended tobacco, i told the seller that i will roll my own cigarettes so he can gives me the blended tobacco.

I mainly read about the benefits of nicotine and anabasine one get from smoking but i know that burning tobacco is not a good idea because many bad chemicals are formed with combustion temperature (same thing for grilling meat), i assume putting tobacco in water will not expose me to the bad chemicals formed when smoking but i still get other bad chemicals from pesticide use but i,m always drinking coffee which is always have pesticides.
Find a gas station that sticks General Snus. Only American brand you can get easily. If you’re not in the US, then idk, though CA for sure has Snus too.

I would stick to snus ngl. It seems the best. But even then it stains your teeth.

I gotta figure out a way to make tobacco unfermented that can be smoked…

OP
A

Aymen

Find a gas station that sticks General Snus. Only American brand you can get easily. If you’re not in the US, then idk, though CA for sure has Snus too.

I would stick to snus ngl. It seems the best. But even then it stains your teeth.

I gotta figure out a way to make tobacco unfermented that can be smoked…
I,m in North Africa, i can only find those brands in very limited quantities: Pablo, Velo, Killa and Siberia.
What are your thoughts?

I found that 3% hydrogen peroxide rinse even once a week was a good idea to remove my teeth stains from coffee.

I have read about the fermented tobacco nitrosamines, thank you for the information, but i,m still combining it with coffee, ready to stop if i find the right snus brand.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals