Nicotine Does Not Compare To Tobacco

Herbie

I have been rolling my own cigarettes on and off for over a year at 3 grams of tobacco per day (approximately 3-4 tailor made cigarettes)

Recently I stopped smoking for a break and started chewing nicotine gum to make the transition smoother and nicotine is just not the same, no doubt nicotine is a powerful substance but I now am more interested in the other 4000 alleged substances in tobacco. I think the monamine oxidase A and B inhibition effects are from other substances in tobacco not only nicotine.

To me its swallowing a caffeine tablet vs drinking a strong coffee.

I have considered getting into vaping nicotine but I don't see the value. If I decide to start smoking again I will buy a 'Tar Guard' (as Hunter S Thompson used) to make smoking safer.

raypeatclips

This seems like an ongoing thing, that isolated substances are not comparable to more whole substances. As you said, about caffeine,Peat has said coffee is more than just caffeine.

Similarly liver is more than just vitamin A, oysters more than just zinc, orange juice more than just vitamin C, sunlight is more than just vitamin D.

bram

You are probably just addicted. Although research shows tobacco having some great benefits it also has a dark side of cancer and respiratory disease

In Norway I used the Swedish snus, in Australia it is illegal to sell chewing tobacco but can import, thanks I forgot about that option.
It's illegal here in Finland too. There's instructions on the internet on how to make it yourself but I haven't tried it yet.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

You are probably just addicted. Although research shows tobacco having some great benefits it also has a dark side of cancer and respiratory disease

It depends on your definition of addiction...doing something that you know is harming you but unable to stop doing it..The only way to truly cure an addict is to give it all it wants until it wants no more. I have ceased for months at a time but have withdrawal symptoms similar to ceasing coffee consumption.
I live in Australia, we are probably the most educated country on the dark sides of tobacco. I still don't know if the benefits out weigh the negatives in my case. I find the differences in experience between tobacco and isolated nicotine interesting.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

This seems like an ongoing thing, that isolated substances are not comparable to more whole substances. As you said, about caffeine,Peat has said coffee is more than just caffeine.

Similarly liver is more than just vitamin A, oysters more than just zinc, orange juice more than just vitamin C, sunlight is more than just vitamin D.

I agree, good point!

OP
Herbie

Herbie

It's illegal here in Finland too. There's instructions on the internet on how to make it yourself but I haven't tried it yet.

I was unaware that it was illegal in Finland, When I used the snus, I wasn't pleasant at first but after a half a tin it was nice. I did gave some negative effects on my gums though.

I was unaware that it was illegal in Finland, When I used the snus, I wasn't pleasant at first but after a half a tin it was nice. I did gave some negative effects on my gums though.
Yeah it's really common for people here to get loads of it from Sweden and sell it here.
I haven't used it for more than a couple of days and yeah my gums were quite soar after I used a tin one day. :D Some people say your gums get used to it.

Stilgar

I use tobacco during gut crises and it helps a lot. It helps me sleep, speeds transit through the gut, calms anxiety and it feels like it lowers serotinin. I have no desire for it when my gut feels really good. Cascara makes me crave cigarettes less and not eating foods that irritate me.

I have often wondered about patches or ointment instead, but it seems too slow- and too much potential for overdose. I have vomited from patches because it is too slow its effect and it suddenly creeps up on you.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I use tobacco during gut crises and it helps a lot. It helps me sleep, speeds transit through the gut, calms anxiety and it feels like it lowers serotinin. I have no desire for it when my gut feels really good. Cascara makes me crave cigarettes less and not eating foods that irritate me.

I have often wondered about patches or ointment instead, but it seems too slow- and too much potential for overdose. I have vomited from patches because it is too slow its effect and it suddenly creeps up on you.

Hey does nicotine on its own have the same benefits on the gut as tobacco from your experience?

DaveFoster

It depends on your definition of addiction...doing something that you know is harming you but unable to stop doing it..The only way to truly cure an addict is to give it all it wants until it wants no more. I have ceased for months at a time but have withdrawal symptoms similar to ceasing coffee consumption.
I live in Australia, we are probably the most educated country on the dark sides of tobacco. I still don't know if the benefits out weigh the negatives in my case. I find the differences in experience between tobacco and isolated nicotine interesting.
The dogmatism driving the West's demonization of tobacco rivals that of climate change, and it should give us pause.

OP
Herbie

Herbie

The dogmatism driving the West's demonization of tobacco rivals that of climate change, and it should give us pause.

This is why I said Australians are the most educated.. these are s me the images covering the cigarette packets.

It seems so suspicious and ridiculous that the government has allowed this distasteful marketing, worse then camel claiming more doctors smoke camel.

Australian-Cigarette-Packaging-2.jpg

dbdea47eaf86e45ec20e2041d08eb498--anti-smoking-smoking-kills.jpg

Peater

I smoke Cuban cigars. No inhaling unless you want to simulate being in a house fire. Plenty of nicotine as evidenced by the buzz, and urge to lay down for a nap after a stronger smoke. Smoking with a Coke to keep blood sugar up is crucial

I saw a quote once that said 'Flue cured tobacco is the biggest health crisis of the 20th century'

This is what they use to cure cigarette tobacco so it can be inhaled. Of course smoke should not be inhaled into the lungs.

Matt1951

I smoke Nicaraguan cigars. Japanese people smoke more cigarettes per capita than the US, but have much lower rates of lung cancer. Some theories are lung cancer is caused by the type of fertilizer used in the US, the filter material, or additives to the tobacco. In the US, lung cancer can also be attributed to diesel exhaust, and radon gas.
"Exposure to the combination of radon gas and cigarette smoke creates a greater risk for lung cancer than either factor alone. Most radon-related lung cancers develop in smokers. However, radon is also thought to cause a significant number of lung cancer deaths among non-smokers in the United States each year."
Radon and Cancer

Stilgar

Hey does nicotine on its own have the same benefits on the gut as tobacco from your experience?

To be honest, I am not sure because the only times I used patches I didn't like the feeling, so I stopped using them. The benefits outweigh the negatives for me for tobacco, so I try not to worry about it. I just limit tobacco to times when I think it will help or I get a craving. It is anywhere from 1-4 cigarettes a day, but I go periods without it too.

It might be other things that make me prefer smoking for it's gut effect - I squat when I smoke to enhance its 'motility' effect, and I actually don't like smoking at all unless I am squatting. The likelihood I will have a bowel movement is enhanced like 50% if I squat and smoke at the same time. I wonder if the act of slowing down breathing during smoking is part of it too.

I can also smoke at night when I couldn't drink a coffee, otherwise I get insomnia. Smoking only induces sleep for me if it promotes a bowel movement. Smoking is the closest thing to coffee and I find coffee to be the best thing for my gut other than fat (and lots of it).

OP
Herbie

Herbie

I smoke Cuban cigars. No inhaling unless you want to simulate being in a house fire. Plenty of nicotine as evidenced by the buzz, and urge to lay down for a nap after a stronger smoke. Smoking with a Coke to keep blood sugar up is crucial

I saw a quote once that said 'Flue cured tobacco is the biggest health crisis of the 20th century'

This is what they use to cure cigarette tobacco so it can be inhaled. Of course smoke should not be inhaled into the lungs.

Thanks for the reply.

I hadn't heard of flue cured tobacco, I was smoking Drum Blue Shag which is cured in barrels in the Netherlands, not flue cured fortunately. US drum is not imported from the Netherlands.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom