Heavy Smoke Across NJ/NY Northeast (Canada Wildfire)

mgrabs

Hey guys I live in NJ & this is day 2 of dealing with heavy smoke blanketing across our state from Canada's wildfires

Its a really foggy haze that is making it seem like it's overcast outside

Anyway, the smell is STRONG. Followed by headaches and fatigue while being outside for a few minutes. Few family members are complaining about headaches & stomach aches from it.

I work construction so im outside at all times.

Does anyone know what one can do to help mitigate potential health problem's from this?

Load up on antioxidants? Certain minerals? Im sure it will pass over time but this is crazy!

It was mentioned by the news that its equivalent to smoke 6 cigarettes if you stand outside and breathe this in.

Attachments

• 1496DE5E-1D57-4928-BC0C-D61B6983B310.jpeg
    1496DE5E-1D57-4928-BC0C-D61B6983B310.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 12
  • A5716319-EC2D-4CB9-8784-9674DD7F8E6E.jpeg
    A5716319-EC2D-4CB9-8784-9674DD7F8E6E.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 12
Hey guys I live in NJ & this is day 2 of dealing with heavy smoke blanketing across our state from Canada's wildfires

Its a really foggy haze that is making it seem like it's overcast outside

Anyway, the smell is STRONG. Followed by headaches and fatigue while being outside for a few minutes. Few family members are complaining about headaches & stomach aches from it.

I work construction so im outside at all times.

Does anyone know what one can do to help mitigate potential health problem's from this?

Load up on antioxidants? Certain minerals? Im sure it will pass over time but this is crazy!

It was mentioned by the news that its equivalent to smoke 6 cigarettes if you stand outside and breathe this in.
I would be buying an air filter for the home. Working out in it I suppose all you can do is wear a mask, or use up some vacation time, until it hopefully passes, maybe use some vitamin E?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It’s slightly noticeable here in Indiana. It’s just a bit hazy but it surprised me.

It goes without saying but try to minimize all exertion, more activity meaning more air filtered through your lungs. Walk slowly, take breaks, switch out often during strenuous tasks; drag your heels as much as possible. I know this may not be possible or helpful depending on your particular circumstances.

This post was quoted in a previous smoke inhalation thread:
I received this straight from Dr. Peat regarding lung cancer.

"Lung cancer cells produce increased amounts of some things that promote abnormal growth, and some of these can be inhibited by common harmless materials. The effects of adenosine and (leaked) ATP are inhibited by caffeine, prostaglandins are inhibited by aspirin and pregnenolone, estrogen by progesterone, aromatase inhibitors, orange juice and cooked mushrooms, histamine and serotonin by antihistamines, cyproheptadine, nitric oxide by tetracycline, progesterone, agmatine, etc. Emodin, in cascara, blocks various things in lung cancer, and its laxative effect helps to lower nitric oxide, histamine, and serotonin." - Dr. Ray Peat

If there was ever a time to wear N95s outdoors, it's now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom