Help Designing Diet for Husband--Pain in Colon/Intestines

coffeelover

Hi all, I have been trying to get my husband to try some sort of elimination diet. He has had intermittent pain in his lower left side of his abdomen. He really can't pinpoint it but seems to flare up when he's stressed at work, not sleeping enough, and sometimes after a huge meal. He's lean and healthy bodyweight though so he hasn't been as motivated to change his diet. I'm going to buy him a stash of easy lunch items so he can stop eating out for a month (and I already cook breakfast and dinner so I can control those).

He will take aspirin if I remind him daily, but is 325 mg enough daily?

Help me with the diet plan if you can:

Eggs--boiled or fried/scrambled in butter
Dairy--low fat cheese sticks and low/no fat fruity greek yogurt cups (chobani) (he doesn't really drink milk)
Meat--Beef, fish, and shrimp? Would chicken and pork be good to avoid for a month?
Fruit--I'll send some easy things like apples, bananas, dried fruit, and a jug of OJ
Starches--thinking it's best to avoid to see if the intestinal pain gets better?
Coffee-he only drinks occasionally. Not sure if I could convince him to drink daily.
Gelatin-will have to be from homemade broth or sneaked into something, he would never go out of his way to ingest this haha.

Other supplements-I literally have to put it in front of him daily and remind him to take it. He is just not a supplement guy. But, I've thought of maybe vitamin E or putting some progesterone cream topically on the painful areas?

Would love input, thanks!

Peatress

I had lower abdominal pain that was resolved by massage. I did ileocecal valve massage, this is on the right side. Then I did the massage in the same position on the opposite side, left side. If you search youtube you will find massage videos that explain how to do the massage.

Home made gelatine would be helpful.

OP
C

coffeelover

I had lower abdominal pain that was resolved by massage. I did ileocecal valve massage, this is on the right side. Then I did the massage in the same position on the opposite side, left side. If you search youtube you will find massage videos that explain how to do the massage.

Home made gelatine would be helpful.
Interesting! was it related to constipation? Or more of inflammation?

Deborah888

My husband had pain in the same area and we figured it was diverticulitis by symptoms. Someone in this forum (sorry, I forget) suggested Manuka honey and grapefruit seed extract and a bland diet with oats and coconut oil and yogurt. We did this and though it took a week or so, he felt better. Now if it starts to flare after eating badly, he takes grapefruit seed extract and Manuka honey and it goes away.

OP
C

coffeelover

My husband had pain in the same area and we figured it was diverticulitis by symptoms. Someone in this forum (sorry, I forget) suggested Manuka honey and grapefruit seed extract and a bland diet with oats and coconut oil and yogurt. We did this and though it took a week or so, he felt better. Now if it starts to flare after eating badly, he takes grapefruit seed extract and Manuka honey and it goes away.
How interesting!! I'll have to look up diverticulitis. Thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals