High frucrose corn cyrup (and lecithin)?

tiinafin

@Hans I tried to find discussions here on the forum related to high fructose corn syrup. What are everyones thoughts on that? I need to gain briskly more weight and an easy way would be to eat in addition to a sensible diet are candies, puddings, biscuits and chocolates. Even if I could avoid a large part of binders, dyes, etc., HFCS always pops up. Is it part of an otherwise balance meal so bad, or is it better to avoid for all? Same question with lecithin, that is almost in every chocolate (even in those that are otherwise high quality and brilliant in their ingredients) :rolleyes:

P

Peatness

You will gain weight but I am not sure if this kind of weight gain would be good for your liver. Why not use honey, ice cream, cheese, chocolate?

Ray Peat said:
And it turns out that the reason people get fat on soft drinks that contain HFCS is that it contains a huge amount of calories that are neither fructose nor glucose. It’s the syrupy component, basically a type of corn starch or corn syrup, which they don't count because it isn’t fructose or glucose. But, it’s there, as calories.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans I tried to find discussions here on the forum related to high fructose corn syrup. What are everyones thoughts on that? I need to gain briskly more weight and an easy way would be to eat in addition to a sensible diet are candies, puddings, biscuits and chocolates. Even if I could avoid a large part of binders, dyes, etc., HFCS always pops up. Is it part of an otherwise balance meal so bad, or is it better to avoid for all? Same question with lecithin, that is almost in every chocolate (even in those that are otherwise high quality and brilliant in their ingredients) :rolleyes:
I would really avoid candies, puddings and biscuits if your goal is to gain weight healthily. Rather come fatty meat and dairy for lots of saturated fat. And then add lots of honey/agave/maple syrup to as many things as you can.

OP
T

tiinafin

@Hans Warm thanks for the answers! I compile my diet from the ingredients you just highlighted and I enjoy every piece! I expressed my question to you really badly. I meant perhaps more that whether HFCS itself is something worth avoiding. You brought up well the "hidden carbohydrates" mentioned by Peat. I don't really bother with extra calories, on the contrary;) But is the "material" itself wrong? For example, if I eat a meal with soaked oats, Greek yogurt, ripe fruit, sourdough bread, and butter, can I quietly dessert licorice (Sugar, wheat flour, molasses, glucose syrup, licorice extract, natural flavors, salt), or candy (Glucose, , gelatin, raw liquorice, ammonium chloride, aroma, vegetable oil: coconut, palm kernel).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals