HK Longevity

Mauritio

Weird, the air quality is not that good in Hong Kong I thought. Maybe it is the walking, or just being stress-free? Or maybe what you considered bad stuff was filled with nutrient dense stuff like meat?
Yeah we had a few days of good air quality and less clouds maybe that played a role ?!

Well I had the walking and stress free part before as well, but I didn't have the same experience.

I came to HK from Myanmar where the food is extremely pufa laden ,so even eating pizza and kebap (and some hk stuff) here and there was an improvement,but I never before had sucha response to pizza and kebap so I doubt it was that ...
It remains a mystery what was going on 🤯...

Peatress

I know and I travelled south east Asia for 2 months before coming to HK and I didn't do well in humid climates it made me feel drained and slightly sick . The opposite in HK!

I here you on the woman. I really liked them in Hk , they were so sweet! They could serve as a role model for women in western nations.
Almost all of them highly educated and have degrees ,yet they're still in they're feminine energy. Very pleasant experience and nice to be around . And as a westerner you kind of have VIP status over there, which doesn't hurt :)
I think this is a universal phenomenon not limited to Hong Kong.

Mauritio

I think this is a universal phenomenon not limited to Hong Kong.
You mean in asia, right? I agree ,especially in Thailand I had the same experience.

youngsinatra

My girlfriend is originally from vietnam and her grandparents are all in their late 90s. Her mother is 63 and still looking very vibrant and slim. They live in Germany, so it’s probably something in their diet, that is having that effect, or it’s simply genetics?

I wonder how that is possible. They eat a lot of white rice, fish, some meat, lots of cooked vegetables, some fruit here and there, almost everything cooked in sesame oil, soup dishes, lots of garlic and ginger, soy sprouts. Almost no dairy in the diet, except a little in the morning coffee.

It‘s not low PUFA, high calcium, low starch, high sugar…

Nfinkelstein

being oriental they are likely somewhat/highly lactose intolerant, right? as is a large portion of the world. Genetics must play a role in effectiveness/non-effectiveness of peat's nutritional ideas.

EustaceBagge

My girlfriend is originally from vietnam and her grandparents are all in their late 90s. Her mother is 63 and still looking very vibrant and slim. They live in Germany, so it’s probably something in their diet, that is having that effect, or it’s simply genetics?

I wonder how that is possible. They eat a lot of white rice, fish, some meat, lots of cooked vegetables, some fruit here and there, almost everything cooked in sesame oil, soup dishes, lots of garlic and ginger, soy sprouts. Almost no dairy in the diet, except a little in the morning coffee.

Even though they prefer PUFAs, do they consume a lot of fats in general? I thought asians usually went for a low fat diet.
Their health may also be part of a healthy mindset, keeping stress low.

We can also experiment in both ways, we can adopt more of their diet and see how it turns out, and they can adopt more of our diet and see how that turns out. Asians are not necessarily known for being tall, wide or strong unless they get picked by an Olympic committee from a young age. In general, Asians that move to western countries look fitter (or more obese lol).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals