Holy City of Jerusalem Sacred to 4 Religions

LA

I had an acquaintance who was born in So Cal. She was living in the old city of Jerusalem renting an apartment in a nunnery in the Christian Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem. I learned that there are 4 sections of Old Jerusalem:
Armenian, Christian, Jewish and Muslim
www.jerusalem-insiders-guide.com

There are various ancient and historical sections of worship for different beliefs in the old city of Jerusalem.

Golgotha and the Holy Sepulcher - the most holy Christian site in the world is a microcosm of Jesus history and rich in fascinating details ...

Archaeologists agree that, while they may never know for sure, there is a lot of evidence that this was, indeed, the place where Jesus was buried. As such, this is one of the most holy sites in Christendom.

Last I heard from her was that the government of Israel was pushing everyone out of the old-city who was not Jewish or not *born* in one of the historical places. It became difficult for people like her as she had failed to renew her US passport. She had married a Palestinian Muslim and her children were born in the Muslim side as was her husband, They did not have this problem and supposedly could stay in the sections where they were born. She disappeared - probably to Spain since the snow-bird resorts in Spain needed more workers for the vacation seasons. Spain was hiring and would give passports to anyone willing to work in one of the snow-bird resorts in Spain such as Benidorm)
The above was discussed on this forum in 2022.

Peatful

Following

Diogo

Israel is getting a lot of criticism for their tactics.
They should use Muslim like tactics to get less criticism. Kill more civilians, rape women and children and the world won’t say a word about it.
According to Cambridge Dictionary:

Jihadi

- in Islam, a person who is involved in a religious struggle against evil in themselves or in society:
Jihad represents a life struggle, and therefore she proudly considers herself a jihadi.

- used to refer to a Muslim extremist (= one who has beliefs that most people, including most Muslims, think are unreasonable and unacceptable) who carries out or supports acts of terrorism (= violent action for political purposes) against people who they believe are a threat to their religion:
It was feared that his legacy would inspire more jihadis.

baudoman

This is semi-related but I found it very interesting that Thomas Jefferson, one of the founding fathers of America, believed in monotheism / was a Unitarian, and in a way that core belief is supposed to be the foundation of Christianity, Judaism and Islam:

OP
LA

LA

I have lived around peaceful Muslims. They believe it is wrong (forbidden) to hurt women and children. They try their best to arrange good marriages for their daughters and sons. They pray a lot. They are good neighbors

The "Daesh" are the ones who behave as though they have the right to hurt everyone and anyone; including non-violent Muslims. Good, polite, devout, muslims avoid them.

OP
LA

LA

area51puy wrote:
Israel is getting a lot of criticism for their tactics.
They should use Muslim like tactics to get less criticism. Kill more civilians, rape women and children and the world won’t say a word about it.

senile Joe has declared himself to be a Zionist and his son meth mouth hunter the crack wh o r e has forced himself on women so perhaps that counts. Then we have Epstein and all those creeps. If you know about a controversial author named Miles Mathis he has penned an article, and updated it about 3 times, saying the abductions of "models" was all staged to prep for a change in that area, which otherwise would not be allowed via the initial agreements after WW2

OP
LA

LA

@Diogo

there is the little Jihad and the BIG Jihad
the little Jihad is to fight what is outside the self as needed in life to survive
The important fight is the BIG JIHAD to fight what is inside oneself which might turn oneself to the dark-side.
The most important fight is the Big Jihad - to keep oneself in alignment with the Will of God.

OP
LA

LA

This is semi-related but I found it very interesting that Thomas Jefferson, one of the founding fathers of America, believed in monotheism / was a Unitarian, and in a way that core belief is supposed to be the foundation of Christianity, Judaism and Islam:

yes, There is only ONE GOD and it is God.

Diogo

@Diogo

there is the little Jihad and the BIG Jihad
the little Jihad is to fight what is outside the self as needed in life to survive
The important fight is the BIG JIHAD to fight what is inside oneself which might turn oneself to the dark-side.
The most important fight is the Big Jihad - to keep oneself in alignment with the Will of God.
That is exactly what I said and meant, hence the source.

baudoman

yes, There is only ONE GOD and it is God.
Yes but the Trinity concept has divided the meaning of 'God' into 3 and has thus created ambiguity whenever the term God is used.

What I was trying to say with Jefferson was that he did not believe in the Trinity and for people like that, the word God refers to the creator alone and nothing else.

OP
LA

LA

Yes but the Trinity concept has divided the meaning of 'God' into 3 and has thus created ambiguity whenever the term God is used.

What I was trying to say with Jefferson was that he did not believe in the Trinity and for people like that, the word God refers to the creator alone and nothing else.
Thomas Jefferson is an interesting subject. I didnt know about his devotion to monotheism and his being a Unitarian. I did a quick lookup in a reference book; The Dictionary of Cultural Literacy by Hirsch, Kett and Trefil. Published in 1988.
In feeling the need to continue discussing the Holy City my immediate thought was to look for maps of Jerusalem showing the separate areas specifically *dedicated* to Arabs or Armenians or Christians or Jews.
All 4 had their own areas and the Arabs had the largest area since it was in 2 places

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom