Hormone levels confusion

June

Hi everyone, i have one pressing question about my hormone levels. I'm confused whether I actually have low estrogen AND low progesterone. I know my ratio is terrible at 5:1 but I'm afraid of taking high progesterone treatment to raise progesterone only to lower estrogen too much? Can anyone tell me if I am at risk of lowering estrogen too much? I was looking back at some old blood tests and I've never seen my estrogen above 300 something. I've read of others having estrogen in the 1000's. Is it because of unit conversion and theirs isn't in pmol/L? Thanks.

Estradiol 131 pmol/L
Progesterone <0.6 nmol/L

sweetpeat

Maybe you don't need to take a really high dose of progesterone. Maybe a smallish dose would be enough to bring you back into balance. Just a thought.

Jonk

If I remember right Haidut spoke about serum prolactin being a biomarker for high tissue estrogen.

Also related: Tissue-bound estrogen in aging
"“The tissue/plasma ratio of E2 [estradiol] ranged from 1.45 to 20.36 with very high values in early follicular phase and the lowest in mid-luteal phase.” This means that progesterone prevents the tissue from concentrating estrogen. He made similar observations during pregnancy, with tissue estrogen decreasing as blood progesterone increased, so that there is less estrogen in the tissue than in the plasma. But in women who aren’t pregnant, and when their progesterone is low, the tissues may contain 20 to 30 times more estrogen than the plasma (in equal volumes)."

OP
J

June

@Jonk My prolactin is on the higher end so I assume this means my estrogen levels are higher than what my blood serum concludes?

Prolactin 24.8 5.0-27.0 ug/L

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals