Hormones glucoronidation

Matestube

I always had the thought that taking Calcium D Glucarate to help my liver phase II detox was going to trash my hormone, as I always understood glucoronidation of hormones to be the disposal of hormones.
Now I'm reading the Wikipedia page and it says:
Hormones are glucuronidated to allow for easier transport around the body.

Does that mean that Calcium D Glucarate will make hormones more bioavailable?

LeeLemonoil

Glucocorinidation is highly regulated by feedback mechanisms.
If supplemented Glucarate influences the endogenous processes depends on if there is a lack of endogenous synthesis to begin with.

Almost every physiological process has multiple purposes. Making fat soluble compounds water soluble for excretion (also via transpiration, not only urine) is one purpose.

There might also be signaling ways where glucocor. Steroids might be imvolved and so forth.

If it occurs to make water soluble steroids more transportable in the blood it likely gets cleaved again where needed to present free steroids.

Best hope is the Supp will help discard what needs to be discarded and transport what needs to be transported.

But that would happen in a functional Organism anyway. Any reason why you suspect you need that supplement ?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I always had the thought that taking Calcium D Glucarate to help my liver phase II detox was going to trash my hormone, as I always understood glucoronidation of hormones to be the disposal of hormones.

Glucuronidation makes a substance more water soluble, which makes it easier to excrete from the body. Your body contains beta-glucuronidation, which undo that process. Inflammation usually upregulates beta-glucuronidation, which is not a good thing.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Glucocorinidation is highly regulated by feedback mechanisms.
If supplemented Glucarate influences the endogenous processes depends on if there is a lack of endogenous synthesis to begin with.

Almost every physiological process has multiple purposes. Making fat soluble compounds water soluble for excretion (also via transpiration, not only urine) is one purpose.

There might also be signaling ways where glucocor. Steroids might be imvolved and so forth.

If it occurs to make water soluble steroids more transportable in the blood it likely gets cleaved again where needed to present free steroids.

Best hope is the Supp will help discard what needs to be discarded and transport what needs to be transported.

But that would happen in a functional Organism anyway. Any reason why you suspect you need that supplement ?

Thank you for the detailed response.
I have a sluggish liver phase II detox pathway, which gets better with TUDCA, but my bilirubin is still high.
I read that CDG helps with high bilirubin, so I thought I might give it a try.
Tried my first dose yesterday evening, so far total of 2 grams, my minds feel clearer, but it's clearly flushing androgens I've had zero sexual desire today, which is unusual.

OP
Matestube

Matestube

Glucuronidation makes a substance more water soluble, which makes it easier to excrete from the body. Your body contains beta-glucuronidation, which undo that process. Inflammation usually upregulates beta-glucuronidation, which is not a good thing.

Thank you Hans.
I indeed have a lot of inflammation going on, so I may need to downregulate beta-glucoronidation.
Will give the experience a few more days. My mind is better, but my animal instincts arr suffering on CDG.

youngsinatra

If bilirubin is high, do you have any signs or symptoms of cholestasis?

Any blood work regarding liver functioning?

OP
Matestube

Matestube

If bilirubin is high, do you have any signs or symptoms of cholestasis?

Any blood work regarding liver functioning?

Bilirubin, AST & ALT all above range.
Liver pains throughout the day.
Many stones after liver flushes.
Definitely cholestasis going on.

Is cholestasis the cause or the consequence of my high bilirubin?

youngsinatra

Bilirubin, AST & ALT all above range.
Liver pains throughout the day.
Many stones after liver flushes.
Definitely cholestasis going on.

Is cholestasis the cause or the consequence of my high bilirubin?
Bile ducts are impaired in cholestasis, so it leads to abnormal bile flow, leaking bile acids into the blood stream, showing up as elevated bile acids on blood tests. (It should go into the digestive tract and then be excreted into the poop)

The inablity to get rid of bile (and contained in it all kinds of metabolic breakdown products / toxic loads) leads to liver disease in the long-term.

The liver simply gets filled with stuff without having a chance of getting rid of it. (through the bile)

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you Hans.
I indeed have a lot of inflammation going on, so I may need to downregulate beta-glucoronidation.
Will give the experience a few more days. My mind is better, but my animal instincts arr suffering on CDG.
Cardamom downregulates beta-glucuronidation and should help reduce excess estrogen. Estrogen can contribute to cholestasis. Finasteride can also cause it, so DHT and other androgens should be protective.

ddjd

I just take it with at least one of the youth promoting hormones i.e. DHEA/ Pregnenolone/ DHT/ progesterone

Counteract any hormone loss and still get the detox benefits

OP
Matestube

Matestube

I just take it with at least one of the youth promoting hormones i.e. DHEA/ Pregnenolone/ DHT/ progesterone

Counteract any hormone loss and still get the detox benefits

What do you feel when you take CDG that could be related to detoxing ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals