How Do Serotonin, Prolactin And Estrogen Accumulate In The Body?

Brian

I'm just trying to understand the biochemistry better. Is this how it works?:

The body produces or releases them in response to adapt to dietary and physical stresses by using these substances to slow metabolism. Over time if stresses are too high the mechanisms for eliminating them fail (such as the liver, excretion through waste, or a big drop off in protective hormone production) and they build up to abnormal levels that the body is unequipped to recover from without powerful de-stressing environments or therapies and just correcting a nutrient deficiency is not necessarily enough.

It's obviously more complicated than this, but am I on the right track? Can anybody recommend me any good articles or books to correct or improve my understanding of how it works?

gretchen

Aging is a factor. Hormonal balance drops off as you get older. In females this is due to the loss of the menstrual cye beginning in the late 20s. Estrogen gradually becomes dominant due to the loss of progesterone. Liver function is also important. Eating a low protein diet causes it to be unable to detox estrogen.

Serotonin and prolactin are related to digestive function and circadian rhythms. Getting insufficient sunlight may be the biggest factor, as well as too much blue and artificial light. Serotonin should metabolize in to melatonin at night but if you're light deprived it doesn't and accumulates in the bowels. Prolactin also spills over during the day if you sleep a lot or don't get sun exposure.

One book you might consider reading to understand circadian rhythms is Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival by T.S. Wiley:
http://www.amazon.com/Lights-Out-Sleep- ... 0671038680

jaguar43

Brian said:
I'm just trying to understand the biochemistry better. Is this how it works?:

The body produces or releases them in response to adapt to dietary and physical stresses by using these substances to slow metabolism. Over time if stresses are too high the mechanisms for eliminating them fail (such as the liver, excretion through waste, or a big drop off in protective hormone production) and they build up to abnormal levels that the body is unequipped to recover from without powerful de-stressing environments or therapies and just correcting a nutrient deficiency is not necessarily enough.

It's obviously more complicated than this, but am I on the right track? Can anybody recommend me any good articles or books to correct or improve my understanding of how it works?

Accumulate is the wrong word. Your cells "remember" the constant high prolactin and estrogen, even when the body recovers from the stressful state. Thinking of it as a field or resonance may help understand it better.

But, everything is depend upon the order of the cell's water protein,minerals. So when you have high estrogen, it has a melting effect which lowers the structure then function of the cell.

(However, estrogen itself seems to cause cytoplasmic "melting"-- Nemetschek-Gannsler--for which lower temperature might merely be compensation.) The fact that progesterone is involved in activation of the developing ovum, and that it sets the body's "thermostat" higher, suggests that it in itself introduces a kind of "crystallinity" into the cell-water. (I have discussed some of the implications of this elsewhere, e.g., in Physiological Chemistry and Physics, and evidence is accumulating supporting an important role for progesterone in brain development.)

Mind and tissue page 91

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals