How Do You Make Aspirin-containing Home Made Alka Seltzer?

ErinElizabeth

I think this was from Haidut but I just copied and pasted the info into my notes without the who attached.

"When I have time, I make my own version of AlkaSeltzer by dropping some plain aspirin tablets in carbonated water and adding baking soda in a ratio 1:3 for aspirin:bicarbonate."

Is that what you were looking for?

OP
ecstatichamster
ErinElizabeth said:
post 118891 I think this was from Haidut but I just copied and pasted the info into my notes without the who attached.

"When I have time, I make my own version of AlkaSeltzer by dropping some plain aspirin tablets in carbonated water and adding baking soda in a ratio 1:3 for aspirin:bicarbonate."

Is that what you were looking for?
yes indeed I was!

Thank you ErinE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spondive

Good idea above! I usually dissolve a couple aspirin in water and add 500 mg ascorbic acid and quarter teaspoon of bicarbonate and I get a good fizz and it doesn't hurt my stomach

tomisonbottom

Good idea above! I usually dissolve a couple aspirin in water and add 500 mg ascorbic acid and quarter teaspoon of bicarbonate and I get a good fizz and it doesn't hurt my stomach

The benefits of aspirin and baking soda are talked about a lot on here, but not ascorbic acid. Why do you add the C?

OP
ecstatichamster
i don't add C anymore and i have great experience with aspirin. The key is adding a teaspoon of water first, dissolving the plain uncoated aspirin tablets in there for a minute, adding baking soda, hot water, then dissolving, then adding cool water and a tablespoon of collagen.

Diokine

My general recipe is 2x 325mg aspirin tablets, 1/4 tsp of baking soda, 1/2tsp of glycine, add boiling hot water. The aspirin dissolves almost instantly. Let it cool and drink.

milk_lover

I never have problem when I take aspirin with glycine and coffee. Haidut posted some studies about those two protecting from aspirin irritation.

wildworld1992

i don't add C anymore and i have great experience with aspirin. The key is adding a teaspoon of water first, dissolving the plain uncoated aspirin tablets in there for a minute, adding baking soda, hot water, then dissolving, then adding cool water and a tablespoon of collagen.
Will hot water destroy Aspirin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals