How do you Take your Tyromax?

TAG145

Forum Supporter
I've been a long time user of NDT and recently purchased Tyromax to better control my dosing. The question of whether to take NDT with or without food is one that I find equal arguments. I believe Ray Peat has said take with food as NDT is going to increase metabolic needs. I've read that dairy is supposed to negatively influence absorption.
Does anyone take their Tyromax with dairy and have success? I find it difficult to avoid taking with some kind of dairy because I am always eating/drinking something in this category.
Hoping people can chime in with their experiences. Also, whether topical is a way to bypass this issue (without reducing effectiveness of NDT).

Thank you in advance!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Tyromax is in MCT, so it is "with food" technically. I think I remember Ray saying one time that he prefers products with T3 to be taken with food. But he also said something that I vaguely remember, about glandulars being less critical to be taken with food since the T3 release from them is slower.

I take my Tyromax with food and adjust accordingly. If food is going to decrease absorption, I will take a bit more.

OP
T

TAG145

Forum Supporter
Tyromax is in MCT, so it is "with food" technically. I think I remember Ray saying one time that he prefers products with T3 to be taken with food. But he also said something that I vaguely remember, about glandulars being less critical to be taken with food since the T3 release from them is slower.

I take my Tyromax with food and adjust accordingly. If food is going to decrease absorption, I will take a bit more.
Thank you for your insight. Do you notice anything specifically with dairy?

Dapose

Forum Supporter
I take tyromix every morning in my bellybutton. 3 drops. I lay for about a minute kind of working it in. Then go about my morning eating breakfast.
I feel it in about 5 minutes, when I am particularly hypo. Like if I worked extra hard the day before or ate trashy food the night before…
Otherwise I don’t notice it too much. Just wakes me up nicely.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Tyromix, ok. I wouldn't want Tyromax in my belly button ☺

OP
T

TAG145

Forum Supporter
I take tyromix every morning in my bellybutton. 3 drops. I lay for about a minute kind of working it in. Then go about my morning eating breakfast.
I feel it in about 5 minutes, when I am particularly hypo. Like if I worked extra hard the day before or ate trashy food the night before…
Otherwise I don’t notice it too much. Just wakes me up nicely.
Thanks for your response. My dr. prescribed me compounded NDT 2 grains in the morning on empty stomach. On this dose, my bloodwork is still showing I am low in FT4 & FT3, but something is not right because I feel like crap on it. I'm hoping Tyromax will allow me to dose smaller and more frequently.

Jennifer

Does anyone take their Tyromax with dairy and have success? I find it difficult to avoid taking with some kind of dairy because I am always eating/drinking something in this category.
Hoping people can chime in with their experiences. Also, whether topical is a way to bypass this issue (without reducing effectiveness of NDT).

Thank you in advance!

Prior to switching to synthetic thyroid (TyroMix), I was on 3 grains of TyroMax daily and took it in more frequent, physiological doses (no more that 4 mcg of T3 per hour), both with and without food. We all react differently but in my case, TyroMax was just as effective with food, and my diet is predominantly dairy.

OP
T

TAG145

Forum Supporter
Prior to switching to synthetic thyroid (TyroMix), I was on 3 grains of TyroMax daily and took it in more frequent, physiological doses (no more that 4 mcg of T3 per hour), both with and without food. We all react differently but in my case, TyroMax was just as effective with food, and my diet is predominantly dairy.
Very good to know about your experience with dairy & Tyromax. Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals