How important is the physical body in the integration and liberation of consciousness ?

Ahmed ELH

The title says it all, I feel that most people in our society suffer the results of a metabolically dysfunctional body preventing them from being who they really are and in alignment with their deepest desires.

Feel free to express what you think and feel about this subject!

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I don't think it matters in the grand scheme of things. We are pure consciousness that is bound in a body. Having a healthy body allows consciousness a bit more freedom to wonder and wander. If we can allow our consciousness to expand being the body, it stops being the limiting factor like what happens after death. While full separation is associated with the death of the body, I have a feeling that temporary separation might ease its ailments and optimize its energy flow.

chickasawlane

Forum Supporter
I agree most people aren’t able to live a full life due to metabolic issues, but most issues preventing people from living aren’t just an energy issue, but are spiritual issues. Meaning, they believe into certain thoughts, beliefs, and emotions that they keep entertaining in their mind that stops them from living in the present.

For example, most people are afraid of doing things on their own, or asking others for help. I understand “learned helplessness” can play a factor in it, but if you face the fear, and confront it, and let it pass, in my experience, that drives metabolism in the end. Rather than trying to supplement my way out of spiritual issues and traumas, I’ve faced them in hopes of overcoming it for good. This ultimately expands consciousness.

I still face periods of low energy to which I’m not fully aware of the causes, but even in those states, I know I can still communicate properly and do what needs to be done. I just wait until the moment presents itself to see what to do, instead of living in my head in fear and anxiety overthinking and ruminating on it.

Just be still and know God.

PeatBull

Its a very good question. If energy and structure are interdependent on every level like Ray says, being consciousness energy and structure body, then you can understand how important is to work on both levels.

lucid&alive

Yeah, absolutely. Reich talks about how the character armor is expressed through the muscular attitudes. So the physical and psychic realms influence each other. His form of psychotherapy called vegetotherapy involved trying to loosen muscular tension with massage.

I actually think bodywork, massage, craniosacral, biomechanics, etc. is the most ripe area for exploration in the Peat world because it's the one area Ray didn't dive into much. He basically covered everything else.

dervmai

progress
Its a very good question. If energy and structure are interdependent on every level like Ray says, being consciousness energy and structure body, then you can understand how important is to work on both levels.
I think it is important. Conciousness and the physical body are separate but they are still intertwined and play a role in one's experience of conciousness. What would be optimal is a healthy body as it allows the individual to be less preoccupied with the body and the state of ones health. It is hard to walk with a pebble in your shoe.

We should all make it a goal to "transcend" the physical world and all the illusions in it. I believe it is difficult though when an organism is in a bad state of health, or a low energy/metabolism state. Difficult but not impossible. Some can even argue ill health is needed to become enlightened... one realizes the fragility of the body. I think Ray, and his views on energy and the metabolism is correct. We should try to achieve higher levels of energy, to be more attuned with all that is around is which is energy. Higher metabolism affects the entire being, it changes perception of the world, feelings, emotions, curiosity, openness and many other qualities needed to achieve "liberation of conciousness".

A low energy state increases disdain for the world, and puts the mental state of the individual into negativity and even turmoil... and other qualities that are detrimental for enlightenment. Some though, can look past the body even in a state of horrible health... but this takes great mental strength and resilience, which unfortunately many have not been able to achieve.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals