How long can I safely take 2 grams aspirin per day?

bagotage

I'm recovering from a serious musculoskeletal/nerve/pain condition... I'm finally off ibuprofen/tylenol, instead I take one gram aspirin in the morning, and another gram at night, powdered, in boiling water, with a lot of baking soda as well as approx. 10 grams of hydrolyzed collagen. It tastes great and I don't seem to have any Ill effects from it. What sides should I be looking out for if something were to go wrong?

tastyfood

My dear friend @Razvan induced a severe iron deficiency by doing this.

Iron deficiency something to watch for especially if you are also drinking a lot of milk and taking other iron chelators like vitamin E.

I would watch for signs of asthma and wheezing as well.

Anything above 1g per day I think warrants staying vigilant. I went up to 4g per day for weeks (1g per dose), and it messed me up for some time.

Last edited:

Razvan

Yes, aspirin can certainly help with all conditions. But overdoing it daily for years like I did in combination with stuff that lower and deplete iron can lead to problems especially with untreated bleeds and without k2. First all my iron labs were extremely low, combined also with low hemoglobin and low hematocrit from all the blood loss and from the iron depletion.
Must have been also low B2.

So be carefull with it, take enough k2 and look for tarry/black stools, if that happens you should stop.

Razvan

Iron deficiency something to watch for especially if you are also drinking a lot of milk and taking over iron chelators like vitamin E.

I would watch for signs of asthma and wheezing as well.

Anything above 1g per day I think warrants staying vigilant. I went up to 4g per day for weeks (1g per dose), and it messed me up for some time.
Yeah especially combined with very high vitamin E usage for years.
If you become iron deficient and anemic from it like I did, it can cause adrenaline attacks, high heart rate, arrytmias, low dopamine combined with panic symptoms. This will go away after treating it.

tastyfood

Yeah especially combined with very high vitamin E usage for years.
If you become iron deficient and anemic from it like I did, it can cause adrenaline attacks, high heart rate, arrytmias, low dopamine combined with panic symptoms. This will go away after treating it.

Yes. I have to say that after giving aspirin a break for a couple of months, the asthma symptoms vanished. Now I know how to tread lightly with aspirin and keep it simple with 2 tablets a day just when I remember or feel odd.

OP
bagotage

bagotage

Thanks y'all, re: iron, I'm not drinking any milk, and I have a pretty carnivorous diet right now. That said I do need to pick up some K2, but the beef in my diet should help. I don't take much E but perhaps I'll lay off it for now. And I'll watch the stools, they seem fine so far.

Razvan

@Peater
B2 properly directs the iron in the body and the liver and can raise hemoglobin if its lower. Doesn't interact with aspirin.

Peater

@Peater
B2 properly directs the iron in the body and the liver and can raise hemoglobin if its lower. Doesn't interact with aspirin.

That makes sense, thanks for clearing it up. I know B1 and B2 are closely related and B1 can lower iron.

mostlylurking

I'm recovering from a serious musculoskeletal/nerve/pain condition... I'm finally off ibuprofen/tylenol, instead I take one gram aspirin in the morning, and another gram at night,
I discovered the hard way that pain from thiamine deficiency does not respond to aspirin. However it responded quickly from taking 300-350mg of thiamine hcl with water only and away from eating by an hour(?). Since you mentioned nerve pain I thought I'd throw that in.

Nerve pain can be caused by thiamine deficiency; thiamine deficiency can be caused by or exacerbated by trauma/stress (thiamine deficiency is frequently found in patients in hospital intensive care units). Thiamine deficiency causes lactic acidosis. Lactic acidosis is very painful. Thiamine supplementation resolves lactic acidosis.

links:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals