How much PUFA per day is ok?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
How much PUFA per day is ok, according to Ray or Haidut?
I am getting 5 g a day.
Paul

milk_lover

Below 10 g is ok. If I am eating a heavy PUFA meal (e.g. indian food) I take 50 to 100 IU vitamin E. That should cover it along with aspirin.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Below 10 g is ok. If I am eating a heavy PUFA meal (e.g. indian food) I take 50 to 100 IU vitamin E. That should cover it along with aspirin.
Thanks.

I take 81 mg aspirin a day, and about 200 mg of E.​

Clyde

How did you decide on that amount? I usually read people in the forum saying it should be under 4g pufa/2000kcal.

milk_lover

How did you decide on that amount? I usually read people in the forum saying it should be under 4g pufa/2000kcal.
Because I heard Peat mention that. If I take too much vitamin E, I get stomach issues. 4 or 5 grams is too low to stick with it. Every fat source even saturated fat like red meat and milk and butter has PUFA.

Clyde

Because I heard Peat mention that. If I take too much vitamin E, I get stomach issues. 4 or 5 grams is too low to stick with it. Every fat source even saturated fat like red meat and milk and butter has PUFA.
I mean I just literally ate a pile of pressure cooked white rice, potatoes and bananas with a splash of mct oil to avoid persorption lol... Help me:). It's practically religious at this point. I didn't know Ray Peat had gone that high. That's really good to know. thx

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals