How Often Do You Shower/bathe?

Amazigh

Viable option for soap & shower gel??

I was actually thinking of making my own coconut oil based soap when I happened to notice the simple ingredients in TJ dishsoap.

Attachments

• IMG_20160425_193703549.jpg
    IMG_20160425_193703549.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20160425_193714808.jpg
    IMG_20160425_193714808.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 77
OP
lindsay

lindsay

I was actually thinking of making my own coconut oil based soap when I happened to notice the simple ingredients in TJ dishsoap.

Interesting! I need to look at the ingredients in Dr. Bronner's. I recently bought a goats' milk and lavender soap from a farm that I LOVE. Not sure how it rates on the scale of good quality soap, but I love how it feels and smells - very creamy.

Kray

I shower every other day with slightly warm water on my body and slightly cold water on my hair. I often use magnesium oil as my deodrant but when I sweat, it still smells! I am trying to find the best deodrant without the harmful chemicals. Any suggestions?

5 women in our home. We use some essential oils. PM if you're interested to know more.

keith

Has anyone ever asked Ray? I wonder what he does. I've cut back a lot on how much soap I use, but haven't noticed any improvements really.

OP
lindsay

lindsay

Luann

I've been using vinegar as shampoo every few days for a few years. I haven't worried about pH because a few seconds of vinegar exposure has never irritated my skin, so I hope my scalp doesn't mind either...

My regimen exactly!!!!! Yikes that's creepy!

SQu

I've done something similar, too harsh and drying for me sadly, but would think it depends on sensitivity of skin, humidity and climate. Worth a try!

Vita3

I use sometimes soap made with olive oil, only four ingredients, it doesn't dry my skin or disturptive.

Usually stinky parts daily, but whole body about 3 times a week.

Last edited:
OP
lindsay

lindsay

So we started buying this soap from the local farm we purchase our meat from, and the ingredients are pretty solid - Pork Lard (from pasture raised pigs), Goats' Milk, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Lye, and some essential oils for scent - I really like lavender a lot and find it soothing. Would soap like this be an endocrine disruptor? I would think no since it is made with Pork Fat, Goats' Milk & Coconut Oil.

tara

My impression is that there can be particular issues with some perfumes etc, and that most soaps are made with more or less saturated fat because it works better for soap making.
But Peat refers to even pure soap used regularly over much of the body being a likely endocrine disruptor.

javin

I've been showering once every two or three days lately. I have two filters on my shower (one carbon and one vitamin c) and they seem to soften up the harsh city water quite a bit. I use a mild soap (olive oil and two other ingredients), and shampoo maybe once or twice a week. I also do a diluted ACV rinse in my hair once or twice a week. I swim in the ocean at least once a week and it feels great to do the ACV rinse after doing that. Also, I've been using a more natural deodorant by Herban Cowboy that's free of aluminum, proplyene glycol, and triclosan. It has a few hard to pronounce ingredients, but I'm hoping/guessing they aren't that bad.

For those that are curious about the ACV thing; I do one part ACV to ~6 or 7 parts filtered water. After swimming in the ocean my hair feels so heavy and stuck together, but the ACV rinse makes it feel silky smooth, light, airy, and clean. I think it's good for removing build up too.

Last edited:

catan

Every other day and usually with water except for areas that smell. I've felt better since I stopped using so much soap. I wash my hair twice a week with shampoo and wondering if it's possible to ditch the shampoo completely. My hair is fine and gets oily after a few days.

A quick shower before bed (we get very sweaty in humid weather in the summer) is very relaxing.

Ewelina

Every evening plus other parts of the body a few times a day. If I'm not clean I feel tired and toxic. Nothing improves my mood and energy levels better than hot water and organic soap.

jaybarr

I often shower twice a day, once in the morning when I wake up and then at night before I sleep. Most of the medical experts say that you only need to shower twice out of each three days a week, but this cannot be applicable to people who travel in the subway everyday. You should shower more often if you use public places in a daily basis or if you work out more often. Showering more often also helps to keep the bathroom clean. I normally use a squeegee which I bought from better living dispenser to keep the shower walls free of mildew.This is a video that shows how to clean the walls or windows using a squeegee How to clean your shower

Luann

Super cool discovery after spending time in a fluoridated area (trying not to shower much) - cocoa powder works really well as a dry shampoo. Most sources say mix it with starch or baking powder but on its own its very gentle /efficient. Volumizing too.

JamesGatz

I shower most days, because I get too stinky for working in an office otherwise.
Same. All things being equal I start to stink whenever i step into an office or store that doesn't happen in my house. I suspect it's the light they use that's stressing me out as I only really use natural sunlight in my house or decent bulbs

David PS

I suspect most of the effect of shower has three-fold:

1. lymphatic drainage through re-opened clogged pores of skin, change of pressure within certain parts of body due to water and a certain showeing exercise type, forcing body to package certain toxins inside out. Creating a relaxation or a katharsis unachievable without flowing water and a bath.

2. the sweating effect of hot ones, causing accumulated unusable iron to be displaced through skin. the effect is somewhat akin to strenous exercise, but not with a catabolic activity, rather with anabolics of heating the body. (this is why raw primal dieters are vitally dependent on multiple hour hot baths due to very high iron forcing of high raw heme-iron diet.)

3. grounding effect of the water in the pipes and drainage systems, plus, the resetting of charge effect due to its conductive and liquid activity, probably different than the grounding with dry soil.

I think only after those, local surface anti-septic effect comes. Since all three are more contributing to the self-cleaning living activities of body than anti-sepsis. Or we have countless cases anti-septics without supporting the living state causes body to switch into anti-endocrine state.

Yet, surface anti-septics are sometimes necessary if there is a clogged activity due to anti-thyroid state. Such anti-thyroid clogging may be caused by wrong electrical environment, such as tight non-organic clothes, or non-grounding, or non-charge accepting architecture, apartment living etc.

Eu-thyroid state needs much less showering, yet still all (1, 2, 3,) acts as pro-thyroid. Then, should say, whenever you feel dirty energetically, it is time to shower. The exact feeling is more important than the actual septic dosage, or the actual time period.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals