How Serious Is Epstein Barr Virus?

mgrabs

Recently diagnosed! Which makes sense with all the chronic fatigue which i assumed was from low thyroid.

But all of this could have have been from chronic epstein barr that was never diagnosed

Does anyone here have experience or knowledge in this?

Has Ray mentioned this virus at all? Ive tried looking

LucH

Hi,
A review article published in the New England Journal of Medicine states that the EBV virus has managed to infect more than 90% of the human population. It is extremely common to find evidence of Epstein-Barr virus infection, given how easily it infects us, but its presence does not automatically mean it causes a particular illness. The EBV virus loves these following 3 situations: Heavy Metals present, hormones (adrenaline) and weakened immunity.

*) Essential nutrients
In order to promote natural immunity, our body needs to be properly supplied with essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals in particular. EFSA – the European Food Safety Authority – considers six vitamins (A, C, D, B6, B9 and B12) and four minerals (zinc, iron, copper, selenium) to be essential for good immune health.

*) Pamper the liver and thyroid in a second step
Whether or not we “believe” in the dominance of the EBV virus, or whether we think that the liver – which is the chief foreman – when it fails, the failure or overload of the liver is the source of numerous pathologies.
When the liver no longer carries out its hormonal and filtering work correctly, pathologies follow, depending on the weakness of the terrain encountered (variable for each individual).

*) Before taking any action
I would find out about the gentle way to relieve the work of the liver. The question of liver detoxification will arise. Gentle or quick method? You will need to find out about the release of toxins and how to manage the influx. Learn about the healing crisis (Herxheimer crisis). When to take a break, recharge with trace elements, how to vary so that the immune system does not miss the wrong target, etc.

Google search with (in French, translator needed) :
« Crise de guérison – désencrassage – effet rebond : Quand les symptômes s’aggravent »
Endotoxines LPS : « Effets protecteurs du cholestérol sur les endotoxines »

youngsinatra

Almost everyone have it. Apparently the immune system can not eradicate it completely, it can just keep it in check. Some people with wonky overall health or immune system dysfunction can have serious complications with EBV/mono.

Supporting the whole system (thyroid, adrenals, liver, gut) and a nutrient-dense diet are important because the immune system runs on ATP.

My blood work a few years ago also showed that I have positive result for EBV, even though I cannot remember ever gotten really sick with it or feeling any different. Many years ago my ex gf had it at one point and she went from athletic, high performance climber/ballet-dancer/gymnast and music-artist to bed-bound for 6 months. She seemed to recover so-so afterwards, but never reached her full potential ever again. But she also went (and is) vegan shortly before EBV, and I think she deteriorated overall due to the diet.

Last edited:

AlaskaJono

Recently diagnosed! Which makes sense with all the chronic fatigue which i assumed was from low thyroid.

But all of this could have have been from chronic epstein barr that was never diagnosed

Has Ray mentioned this virus at all? Ive tried looking
It's similar seriousness to saying that one has candida. Not a death sentence. Your system is weak, and you need to build up intestinal fortitude. I have experience seeing clients with this since 1990. Don't make it a big deal, do focus on getting healthier, but also relax, slowly build your strength up, full breathing, and make sure you have great digestion, and eat well.

LLight

How much liquids do you drink in a day?
Reducing how much you drink water could help.

TAG145

Forum Supporter
When my previous dr. went down this road, I had no known mono sickness in my past. Looking back I feel a little duped by the dr. to make this be a pronounced issue in my health (testing expense, etc.) but not offering anything to manage it. He turned out to be a quack--told me to buy a supplement that he falsely said was endorsed on Shark Tank-OMG. I think there is merit to it, as others have said, depending on your own situation.

LLight

What’s the thought behind this?
It's based on this paper (and more generally on the link between water homeostasis and the immune system):

NFAT5 is a transcription factor which could be increased during bouts of water restriction and when it is reduced (as in these cases in the paper above), EBV seems to be able to thrive. Well this is an association but this is an hypothesis.

DonLore

Things that kill or otherwise disrupt EBV:
Licorice root
Turmeric
Chinese skullcap root
Raw ginger
Oregano oil
Thyme oil
Black cumin seeds
Peppermint oil
Clove
Cinnamon