How to construct a very low-fat diet for weightloss?

Does anyone have any sample days of eating?

I can only get good quality milk that is 2%, and I find 3 eggs (usually just the raw yolks) makes a huge difference to my skin health, so hesitant to cut them out but will try if needed.

Thank you.

cremes

Does anyone have any sample days of eating?

I can only get good quality milk that is 2%, and I find 3 eggs (usually just the raw yolks) makes a huge difference to my skin health, so hesitant to cut them out but will try if needed.

Thank you.
Google around for "Pritikin" and for "McDougal." The Pritikin diet targets under 10% fat but allows some animal products over time. I find it fairly easy to adhere to. The McDougal (maybe it's MacDougal?) is a vegetarian diet which similarly can target under 10% fat. Be aware that both diets came about before Peat sounded the alarm about PUFA, so you'll see chicken, nuts, and seeds on both.

Regarding your skin health, you may discover over time that repairing your metabolism will also repair your skin. Search this forum and you will likely run across those testimonials.

Good luck.

akgrrrl

Google around for "Pritikin" and for "McDougal." The Pritikin diet targets under 10% fat but allows some animal products over time. I find it fairly easy to adhere to. The McDougal (maybe it's MacDougal?) is a vegetarian diet which similarly can target under 10% fat. Be aware that both diets came about before Peat sounded the alarm about PUFA, so you'll see chicken, nuts, and seeds on both.

Regarding your skin health, you may discover over time that repairing your metabolism will also repair your skin. Search this forum and you will likely run across those testimonials.

Good luck.
If you want to consider something truly revolutionary, watch youtube videos DrKenBerry, DrChaffee, which will lead you to 2 or 3 phd researchers and other doctors advocating the "proper human diet" as omnivore to carnivore. Scanning the comments will offer perspective as well

Elie

Forum Supporter
@Rinse & rinsep9has a couple of extenive low fat guideline posts with lots of meal ideas + pics

Mostly well cooked white rice, well cooked white potatoes (if you tolerate them) and masa harina, traditional corn tortillas, non fat milk, a bit of cheese, some collagen, coffee, sugar. I think the cheese and a little butter in the rice can help digestion. This is a terrific weight loss diet and can be followed for a long time if accompanied by some oysters once a week or so.

tasfarelel

I am fully satisfied with a low fat diet containing of:
1 gallon 0% fat milk per day
boiled potatoes
carrots
low fat white baguette bread
0.5g fat /75g white pasta with pure tomato sauce no oil
And I use a meat grinder to make steak burgers from the leanest cuts I can buy.

My fat intake is ~5g on days I don't eat meat up to ~10-15g when I do eat meat (~3 times per week)

EvanHinkle

I eat similarly low-fat to others here, but I do something a little different than I’ve seen from members so far. I do a sugar starch split, where I utilize starch at key times when I need more stress reserves and sugar when stress is low.

For example, when I wake up, I drink OJ and milk, and have a cup of coffee with maple syrup. Once my children are awake, (anywhere from an hour to two later, I have 2 eggs and sourdough). Then it’s back to OJ, fruit, and milk until dinner, (which is typically potatoes, rice, or masa with 4oz of beef, lamb, or bison). After dinner I return to OJ, fruit, milk as needed, (if I’ve worked particularly hard that day I have another slice of sourdough). On weekends I have 5oz of ice cream. Even with ice cream I’m never above 20 grams of fat, (I drain the fat off my meat when I cook it, and generally keep the meats to 90/10 protein to fat content before then draining the additional fat off).

I never crave fat, so I assume this is working out.

@Rinse & rinsep9has a couple of extenive low fat guideline posts with lots of meal ideas + pics
Hi Elie!

Here are a couple of recent low-fat meals I have made in the last week, that I posted in my new “Peating For One” recipe thread. I am going to post my really low-fat milk curry next….

1698337078064.png

1698337105635.png

tasfarelel

Thanks EvanHinkle, nice breakdown, your nutrition looks very similar to mine - the main difference is that all meats that I'm eating have 1-3g fat/100g only. I rotate between 1.) Grind mix 1:1 beef heart + kidney, 2.) Beed kidney only made in the oven with tomatoes, 3.) Beef liver, 4.) Grind beef heart.

And yes, I only eat beef organs since ~5 month now, 200-300g 3x times/week, and cut all fat containing tissue away.

I eat the following during a typical week:

- 1-2-3 kg (no restriction) of the current fruits(s) in season - for example, now it’s grapes
- a bowl (or two, depending on the other meals) with mixed Skyr (500 g) with frozen fruit (500 g, typically raspberries, blackberries, or sour cherries), and ~80 g of sugar - the mix have resemblance of a fruity ice cream which is awesome, and it’s very filling and fresh
- 2 times a week I eat a terrine (180 g) which is a mix of pate/liver (about 15-30% of the package) with some meat and spices - I eat it with 200-300 g of einkorn bread because I quite like the classic way of eating pate/terrine. A typicall terrine have ~25 g of fat per 100 g, so my total for the week is ~80-100 g which I think can count as Very Low Fat diet since there is no fat from my other meals.

That’s it - overall for the week, it’s very low fat.
Keep in mind that I try to be very active - running 4 times a week, bike to work 1-2 times, bodyweight exercises essentially everyday.

OP
E
I eat the following during a typical week:

- 1-2-3 kg (no restriction) of the current fruits(s) in season - for example, now it’s grapes
- a bowl (or two, depending on the other meals) with mixed Skyr (500 g) with frozen fruit (500 g, typically raspberries, blackberries, or sour cherries), and ~80 g of sugar - the mix have resemblance of a fruity ice cream which is awesome, and it’s very filling and fresh
- 2 times a week I eat a terrine (180 g) which is a mix of pate/liver (about 15-30% of the package) with some meat and spices - I eat it with 200-300 g of einkorn bread because I quite like the classic way of eating pate/terrine. A typicall terrine have ~25 g of fat per 100 g, so my total for the week is ~80-100 g which I think can count as Very Low Fat diet since there is no fat from my other meals.

That’s it - overall for the week, it’s very low fat.
Keep in mind that I try to be very active - running 4 times a week, bike to work 1-2 times, bodyweight exercises essentially everyday.

What does a typical day of eating look like?

OP
E
Mostly well cooked white rice, well cooked white potatoes (if you tolerate them) and masa harina, traditional corn tortillas, non fat milk, a bit of cheese, some collagen, coffee, sugar. I think the cheese and a little butter in the rice can help digestion. This is a terrific weight loss diet and can be followed for a long time if accompanied by some oysters once a week or so.
A big issue of mine that has partly motivated this thread is I don't do well on so many starches unfortunately (hopefully will change in the future).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals