How To Drink Milk Without Excess Mucus?

Connor888

Could A2 milk be the answer ?

I have really bad rhinitis and have post nasal drip 24/7 , however , when drinking milk the mucus is insanely hard to clear and gets stuck in my sinuses worsening my symptoms. One strange thing I noticed is drinking apple juice seems to thin the mucus and make it really easy to clear.

What are ur thoughts? I would love to know since I enjoy drinking milk and it's nutritious enough , but I just can't tolerate my sinuses been triggered more than they are already

GAF

Way way way increase your salt intake for several days in a row. Don't increase fluid intake.

LucyL

We used to get A2 milk from Costco, but the a few days ago noticed that they now sell a Kirkland brand A2 milk ... with fish oil :mad:

mrchibbs

Sourcing local, non-industrial milk may alleviate these issues altogether.

Not all milk is equal. Sometimes I feel they're not even comparable.

RealNeat

Haagen dazs is mucus central, I stay away from that stuff unless I want to feel like a have a cold for 2 days.

M

metabolizm

Haagen dazs is mucus central, I stay away from that stuff unless I want to feel like a have a cold for 2 days.

Weird, I don't get that at all, at least not from the vanilla, and I eat it almost every day (in small amounts).

Wilfrid

I never really got any problems with milk...up to a certain point (around less than a quart) and if I used to drink more than that I got bloating and bout of diarrhoea.
And to my surprise an isolate milk protein powder enriched with Bacillus coagulans GBI-30 6086 allows me to tolerate more than 2 quarts without any problems.
After doing some research, I found that this specific probiotic strains can ease milk protein digestion.

hierundjetzt

I cant say for sure if it does or it does not. Trial it and see if it helps.
C'mon....what kind of advice is that? If somebody has issues with milk, he/she should not be trialing things just to cure your curiosity...

EIRE24

C'mon....what kind of advice is that? If somebody has issues with milk, he/she should not be trialing things just to cure your curiosity...
How will he ever know if he does not experiment for himself? What do you think I am, some sort of ******* psychic that can tell this person what will and will not agree with them?

hierundjetzt

How will he ever know if he does not experiment for himself? What do you think I am, some sort of ******* psychic that can tell this person what will and will not agree with them?
Of course you are not a psychic. Unless you have personally experienced that heating milk has cured/bypassed your own milk allergy, I don't think giving advice out of the blue is the way to go. If one is allergic with clogged sinuses, triggering the allergy by something that "may or may not work, who knows nobody has even ever attested it did" can really screw this guy's sinuses up for a day or two, or longer. Not pleasant I can tell you.

ExD

Boil it with fresh ginger

Milk from animals is more difficult to digest than meat - in fact it is probably the most difficult food humans consume on a regular basis, and as such will require a lot of digestive energy. Mucus is the stomach's response to heavy digestion, to protect itself from it's own enzymes and juices, so make it's job easier and don't consume cold milk

Of course you are not a psychic. Unless you have personally experienced that heating milk has cured/bypassed your own milk allergy, I don't think giving advice out of the blue is the way to go. If one is allergic with clogged sinuses, triggering the allergy by something that "may or may not work, who knows nobody has even ever attested it did" can really screw this guy's sinuses up for a day or two, or longer. Not pleasant I can tell you.

Are you actually allergic to milk? Why would you consume it if you are? o_O

EIRE24

Multiple people on the forum have had success with heating the milk. I gave the guy something to try and then get grief from you for it?

Infarouge

Multiple people on the forum have had success with heating the milk.

Most all milk is already heat pasteurized. I love raw milk but have noticed even that gives me mucus. I wonder if post pasteurization the dead bacteria create a reaction. In other words, heat immediately before consuming. We should experiment.

OP
Connor888

Connor888

Multiple people on the forum have had success with heating the milk. I gave the guy something to try and then get grief from you for it?

I haven't been on here in awhile but I just wanted to say that heating the milk up before hand definitely made it a little more tolerable without a doubt

I realized that I tolerate my supermarkets own brand organic milk better than I do other ones.. I have actually tested this which like someone above said isn't pleasant . But one brand of milk in particular causes my sinuses to flare up almost straight away, and it seems to affect my whole respitory tract. The own brand supermarket milk I seem to have no reaction to. It's the same with some milk chocolate, even the organic stuff really really triggers my sinuses off and I just can't tolerate it, but some none organic brands of milk chocolate I don't have the same reaction to. By the way, both brands of milk taste distinctly different to each other , it's night and day. I wonder if it's what they're fed that does it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals