Husband Just Diagnosed With Glioblastoma Multiforme GBM

pepsi

GBM is stage 4 brain cancer, the worst one. There is no cure and patients are expected to pass
within 1-2 years with resection/chemo/radiation treatment and only a month with no treatment.

Ive read Dr Peats cancer articles. I have had my husband change his diet, basically fat
free with high sugar. I give him aspirin, pregnenolone and a little bit of cascara every day.
I also have him bag breathe and use the red light 5-10 minutes per day.

What else can we do? He has allready had the operation to resect as much of the tumor as possible.
We will meet with the oncologist who will set up chemo/radiation in the
next week. Does anyone have Ray Peats email so I can ask him what else we can do?

Tarmander

As burt said, I have read a lot of great research on Artemisinin and it is fairly inexpensive

MB is very strong at restoring respiration

and we know it reaches the brain since it’s a cognitive enhancer...

maybe artemisinin does similar

J

jb116

Umm, I don't think he would like his email published like that.

sladerunner69

Not the c—e word guys :nailbiting:
hmm?

From what I've learned Peat's recommendations for cancer are primarily to lower PUFA as much as possible (fat free is perfect but must be truly fat free) as well as to take a much higher dose of aspirin at 6 grams daily (not full tablets, but dissolved in warm water to avoid gut irritation). That will mean 18mg of vitamin K2 per day as well. 5-10 minutes of red light is okay but I would be doing much more. Peat sits in front of a heat lamp for hours each day.

Furthermore, I understand this will be a very difficult decision but Dr. Peat strongly recommends against chemotherapy or radiation treatments. Saying they are highly inflammatory and shut down respiration, Peat believes that ultimately, the reason why they do not work long term, because they doom the patient from ever recovering or restoring a high quality of life.

Last edited:

TreasureVibe

Someone should give Christina Ray Peat's e-mail address in a private message though. I feel bad that she wishes to contact Ray Peat but is not able to.

Edit: Found out a member already did. Good job :):

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

going out on a limb here - i am a huge fan of coffee enemas. just a thought- it is something to google. it just might help detox the liver and help the situation somehow- no need to get the special coffee etc. just use organic and make it strong , and follow the protocol online- lay on right side not left and they are super easy to do. sending love your way....

OP
P

pepsi

Thank you to all who have replied. This is some really good information
that I have not heard about yet and I will read up on all of it.

Thank you to all who PM'd me Dr Peats email, I will email him today and hopefully I get a response.

We saw the oncologist Friday and he plans to start the chemo/radiation in 3 weeks.
I know Dr Peat is against chemo/radiation. This is such a hard decision since the prognosis is very poor.
I would have to live with the decision the rest of my life if we didnt do the chemo/radiation and my
husband passed away in a few months, but if we do it and he passes in 1-2 years like the majority of people
with GBM, I will always wonder what if we never went through the chemo/radiation and only followed
Dr Peats research? Could he have been cured? That is one point the oncologist wanted to make clear, that there is no cure
and the chemo/radiation is only to help him live a little longer.

I'm going to read up on everything everybody was so kind to provide and try to come up with a plan.

burtlancast

You could try too the Burzynski clinic (if you can afford it) although i believe they've been forced to quit treating new patients.(to confirm?)

You should ask the doctor off the record what choice he would make in your position

PDXchef

My mother in law was diagnosed with a GBM in 2008 and was with us until 2016. She had many good years in remission, symptom free. She did not use cannabis but she did use something called AHCC, which is an extract of mushroom mycelia. Swore it was what helped her but no way to know really.

managing

Thank you to all who have replied. This is some really good information
that I have not heard about yet and I will read up on all of it.

Thank you to all who PM'd me Dr Peats email, I will email him today and hopefully I get a response.

We saw the oncologist Friday and he plans to start the chemo/radiation in 3 weeks.
I know Dr Peat is against chemo/radiation. This is such a hard decision since the prognosis is very poor.
I would have to live with the decision the rest of my life if we didnt do the chemo/radiation and my
husband passed away in a few months, but if we do it and he passes in 1-2 years like the majority of people
with GBM, I will always wonder what if we never went through the chemo/radiation and only followed
Dr Peats research? Could he have been cured? That is one point the oncologist wanted to make clear, that there is no cure
and the chemo/radiation is only to help him live a little longer.

I'm going to read up on everything everybody was so kind to provide and try to come up with a plan.
My father died of glioblastoma. He had brain surgery and radiation (no chemo). It probably prolonged his life some. But you must consider quality of life. I understand where you are right now. Craving hope and reaching out in all directions.

Medical science cannot save him. Ask your doctor this point blank. He/she will admit, they cannot beat GBM unless something I am unaware of has changed in the last 8 years.

I am genuinely skeptical that anything written on this thread can either. But if i were in the same position now I'd damn sure read them and probably would end up trying some of them.

I deeply regret subjecting my father to brain surgery (yes, it was my decision to make). I am more ambivalent about the radiation, but I also don't have any faith that it actually helped him.

This isn't easy. But if I could say one thing, it would be don't let the doctors decide for you. Neurosurgeons operate. Oncologists radiate/chemify. Its what they do. Its plainly obvious to them what you should do. And they will tell you. And some will tell you in no uncertain terms that you are a terrible person if you don't do what they say. I am not say not to go this route. I couldn't possibly tell you what to do. But I am saying do not let them tell you what to do. This is as deeply personal a decision as a human being will ever make. Own it.

May whatever spirit you respect bless you.

aquaman

My friend's father had GBM.

He was in good health when diagnosed, and recommended Chemo. He passed away 8 weeks later [edit: after chemo started], after suddenly getting incredibly weak and sick after/during the chemo. My friend is certain the chemo killed him far far quicker and in worse condition/pain than just waiting it out would have been.

From what I saw, it was enough to put me off chemo if I ever was suggested it. However, i totally understand it's a terrible decision to have to make when all the medical community says to have it.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals