Hypothyroidism (Cortisol, Prolactin And Adrenal Hyperactivity) Causes Balding

Scenes

Alright @Travis I’ll bite.

I’ll do the topical wedelolactone for a bit and see. Topical spiro has done nothing for me in the past.

johnwester130

You think F.O. Rey is similar to Raymond Peat?

I suppose then you wouldn't mind if I'd start calling you JohnPester130?

anyway,

why would ray peat reccomend a topical carbonic inhibitor for hair loss ? what are the mechanisms for this ?

Travis

anyway,

why would ray peat reccomend [sic] a topical carbonic inhibitor for hair loss ? what are the mechanisms for this ?
He does? Do you have a link which confirms this purported recommendation?

Last edited:

Travis

Last edited:

meatbag

Danny Roddy tweeted this earlier, thought it was pretty cool;

STIMULATION OF HAIR GROWTH BY TOPICAL APPLICATION OF ANDROGENS.
"Approximately 75% of the [topical testosterone] group showed some stimulation of hair growth, as indicated by longer, thicker, more pigmented hairs in the bald area."
DOKXTa1U8AEVpyv.jpg

Travis

That Danny Roddy guy seems factual. All of the stuff that I've seen posted from him, on this forum, is in accord with the trends that I've seen myself.

It's not like I'm struggling with hair growth myself, or even trying to sell anything. I am just sharing that observations that I've seen by reading articles on googlescholar.com.

The fact that androgens could stimulate hair growth isn't really surprising, scientifically, but only surprising to the extent that the mass culture has been led to believe the exact opposite.

If that still seems surprising, then the articles of Randall and Thornton will seem downright shocking (⚡):
  • Randall, V. A. "Androgens and hair: a biological paradox." Testosterone: action, deficiency, substitution (2004)
  • Randall, Valerie A., et al. "The hair follicle: a paradoxical androgen target organ." Hormone Research in Paediatrics (2000)
  • Thornton, M. J., et al. "Differences in testosterone metabolism by beard and scalp hair follicle dermal papilla cells." Clinical endocrinology (1993)
  • Thornton, M. J., et al. "Effect of androgens on the growth of cultured human dermal papilla cells derived from beard and scalp hair follicles." Investigative dermatology (1991) [In which it's plainly shown that testosterone stimulates hair growth in scalp cells even more than it does in beard cells (Figure 2).]

Last edited:

johnwester130

meatbag

That Danny Roddy guy seems factual. All of the stuff that I've seen posted from him, on this forum, is in accord with the trends that I've seen myself.

It's not like I'm struggling with hair growth myself, or even trying to sell anything. I am just sharing that observations that I've seen by reading articles on googlescholar.com.

The fact that androgens could stimulate hair growth isn't really surprising, scientifically, but only surprising to the extent that the mass culture has been led to believe the exact opposite.

If that still seems surprising, then the articles of Randall and Thornton will seem downright shocking (⚡):
  • Randall, V. A. "Androgens and hair: a biological paradox." Testosterone: action, deficiency, substitution (2004)
  • Randall, Valerie A., et al. "The hair follicle: a paradoxical androgen target organ." Hormone Research in Paediatrics (2000)
  • Thornton, M. J., et al. "Differences in testosterone metabolism by beard and scalp hair follicle dermal papilla cells." Clinical endocrinology (1993)
  • Thornton, M. J., et al. "Effect of androgens on the growth of cultured human dermal papilla cells derived from beard and scalp hair follicles." Investigative dermatology (1991) [In which it's plainly shown that testosterone stimulates hair growth in scalp cells even more than it does in beard cells (Figure 2).]

Thanks Travis, I remember Ray mentioning topical DHEA for hair growth. I'm assuming there must be a range where it exerts benefits and higher than that would probz be detrimental similarly to how it responds when dosed at 5mg vs 50mg given its various pathways. Probably just low dose oral would be helpful, gonna see what I can find.

Last edited:

Dhair

Danny is very meticulous in his research, which is good, because he gets absolutely crucified in hair loss forums for no good reason. Those people are insane though, so I'm sure it doesn't bother him too much.
I have only seen regrowth (confirmed by pictures) from anti-serotonin drugs and red light therapy. These two therapies combined could be powerful and safe enough to regrow hair in a significant number of balding people. It seems to me that reversing fibrosis in the tissue locally should be the #1 priority.

Scenes

..........................and how on earth do you expect to acquire it ??

I can get that Eclipta alba powder I linked earlier in the thread. Highest source of wedelolactone available.

Travis didn’t say whether the concentration will be great enough to do anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals