Hypothyroidism Type 2: Thyroid Resistance???

answersfound

So after about a month and a half on NDT, I haven't really seen any improvement. I suspect I have some sort of thyroid resistance and my cells are not uptaking T3. Mark Starr has a book about resistance to thyroid hormones and I wanted to know if there are any recommendations as to how I can potentially alleviate this. I have used pregnenolone with the NDT, but it hasn't gotten me far. Should I take aspirin with the NDT? What about magnesium? Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Spondive

Yes agree with you..it's not necessarily the amount of thyroid in the blood it is how the cells use the thyroid hormones. In one of Peats articles there are many things that block the thyroid hormone at the cellular level such as stress, pufa, estrogen, low protein, nutritional deficiencies, excess T4 due to poor liver function not being able to convert T4 to T3, etc.

Spondive

If you are sick it have liver problems or any of the above that I mentioned before a much lower ratio of t4/t3 maybe more beneficial to you until the other stuff above is corrected

OP
A

answersfound

How do I improve liver function?

Spondive

Low pufa, at least 80 grams of good quality protein a day, raw carrot salad a day, and plenty sugar from fruit and fruit juice as a start and I think aspirin is fine to reduce estrogen also

Spondive

The NDT may have too much T4 for you.. It has T4/t3 in a 4:1 ratio.. You might feel better on 3:1 or even 2:1 or 1:1... It's all experimenting slowly and keeping track of temps and pulse etc

OP
A

answersfound

Spondive said:
The NDT may have too much T4 for you.. It has T4/t3 in a 4:1 ratio.. You might feel better on 3:1 or even 2:1 or 1:1... It's all experimenting slowly and keeping track of temps and pulse etc

Okay thanks. Also pregnenolone may be affecting things, so that makes everything more complicated. However, without it, I cannot tolerate the NDT at all. But if I take too much, I also run into problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals