Hypothyroidism

johns74

iLoveSugar said:
I've had at least 100-150 blood draws in the past 2 years.

Ok. Assuming 10 ml per draw, that's equivalent to no more than 3 blood donations. In a study they removed that amount to get it down in people who had it higher than 200. Link

Ferritin is still high for some reason, excess iron or something else. I would follow it combined with transferrin saturation to investigate iron status further.

messtafarian

Well, not that this is any sort of diagnosis at all, but your potassium is pretty low. USRDA wants us to take in something like 3500 mgs a day and no one ever gets that much in their daily diet. If you have low potassium, you also probably have a sluggish gut usually because potassium has a lot to do with nerve conduction.

I'm not clear on exactly why you feel so shitty ( or why I do, as a matter of fact) but I do know that I shake less, feel stronger and have better digestion with two daily big swigs of liquid potassium, about two thousand mgs a day. A standard potassium pill is 99 mgs and that is nowhere near enough to get a therapeutic effect.

You could try that. It won't cure the cause but while you're looking it might make you feel a little better. If you take too much you'll know right away -- muscle weakness will quickly transform to muscle *cramps*.But that probably won't happen. Blood potassium has to be significantly high to cause adverse affects.

johns74 said:
Such_Saturation said:
iLoveSugar said:
I've had at least 100-150 blood draws in the past 2 years.

Well there's your problem

Interesting. I was guessing he didn't have enough to get the iron out.

iLoveSugar what is your arm like :shock:

johns74

Such_Saturation said:
iLoveSugar what is your arm like :shock:

I'm guessing those were not 150 blood donations, more likely draws between 6 ml and 10 ml. And his arm, even if hurt, seems like the least of his problems.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yeah. You wouldn't know anything by looking at my arm. As bad as I feel, people wouldn't know. I look fine but feel like death. I often wonder if something viral is effecting me.

Nicholas

i've considered hemochromatosis in the past for causing maybe some of my issues. have you?
another thing you should post, if you haven't elsewhere, is your basic body stats, physical activity, sleep quality, food combos, food frequency, rough calories per meal and per day, and if your temp and pulse are stable/optimal through the day.
curious also if you have this feeling of being in a vicious circle?

johns74

Nicholas said:
i've considered hemochromatosis in the past for causing maybe some of my issues. have you?
another thing you should post, if you haven't elsewhere, is your basic body stats, physical activity, food combos, food frequency, rough calories per meal and per day.

You can have high iron without hemochromatosis.

There are lots of people without hemochromatosis who have benefited from reducing iron. In the link I posted in a previous post, the patients who benefited from extracting their iron didn't have hemochromatosis (they did the equivalent of three blood donations, after these, some still had even higher ferritin than iLoveSugar has now).

Nicholas

johns74 said:
Nicholas said:
another thing you should post, if you haven't elsewhere, is your basic body stats, physical activity, food combos, food frequency, rough calories per meal and per day.

You can have high iron without hemochromatosis.

There are lots of people without hemochromatosis who have benefited from reducing iron. In the link I posted in a previous post, the patients who benefited from extracting their iron didn't have hemochromatosis (they did the equivalent of three blood donations, after these, some still had even higher ferritin than iLoveSugar has now).

right...i didn't mean to suggest that. also, do you know what is a relatively good iron level - considering it might be different for everyone?

johns74

Nicholas said:
do you know what is a relatively good iron level - considering it might be different for everyone?

I think Mercola is good on iron. He suggests to have ferritin not a lot higher than 80.

The point is the amount of times the vein is pierced! But I think it can be telling in regard to the approach. For example if you need to have an entire section for your inquiries, that suggests to me that the approach is very frantic and nervous. And anything, even a virus, will notice that and take advantage of that.

johns74

Such_Saturation said:
For example if you need to have an entire section for your inquiries, that suggests to me that the approach is very frantic and nervous. And anything, even a virus, will notice that and take advantage of that.

It seems to me you're saying that someone in a really bad situation shouldn't try a lot of different things to solve his problem. So he should just stay suffering? Giving up will fix things?

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yeah doesn't make much sense to me at all. I'm a single dad that puts on a fake smile everyday just to hide what I am going through. The symptoms that I have often keep me in bed in misery. I'm not sure what you are suggesting except to just give up. I've had them thoughts enough; I don't need some stranger encouraging them.

No, the opposite, think about how many things you could do with all those tests' money.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I've never really had an issue with money. My insurance covered mostly everything as well. My ears are wide open as well.

tara

Hi ILS,
Sorry you are still having to struggle so hard, but I'm glad you haven't given up. :) Parenting, esp. young ones, is hard enough work without also being unwell. I hope you are getting some support with that job when you need it.

I wonder if blood donation would be too taxing for someone in a very weakened, depleted state, who has difficulty digesting enough to sustain himself? I'm not saying that iron is not involved in the issues - I don't know enough about that. I just wonder how ILS would recover from a full blood donation - I think they can deplete all resources further?

johns74

I'm sorry ILS that you had to hear so much crap from some people when you're seeking help, filling the thread with unhelpful comments, or worse, just to satisfy their urge to post anything.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals