If Burning Fat Is Bad, How Do You Lose Weight?

montmorency

Charlie said:
post 40004 Mittir said something about after 40 minutes of a brisk walk there was no T3 in the blood.

I'd really want to see some evidence before taking that seriously.
Is this just for a hypo person?
If there was no T3 in the blood, we'd be dead, wouldn't we?

Easy walks in a visually stimulating place can be regenerating.

We have common ground there.

Last edited by a moderator:

heartnhands

Yes. It's gonna be a metabolic hit no matter which way you cut it. Healthier people are going to recover much faster then hypo-metabolic people.

Yes, pulse and basal temperature decreased.

Some people like Mittir are losing weight and getting healthy by doing less and not stressing things. All this doing more more more is not healthy.
Thanks for your input. Can you explain the difference between, MUFA, and SFA?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Still doesn't connect. What is the difference between monounsaturated, I mean can you give an example. Thanks so much.
Olive oil has more MUFA as compared to coconut oil which has more SFA.

heartnhands

Thanks again...Snyder chance you can remind me where the button is for just asking a question? I'm sure I used it but I can't find it and I'd like to get a few brand names for milk of magnesia and ciproheptadine.

Enjoy your self
Peace.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks again...Snyder chance you can remind me where the button is for just asking a question? I'm sure I used it but I can't find it and I'd like to get a few brand names for milk of magnesia and ciproheptadine.

Enjoy your self
Peace.
You can start a new thread with the Create Thread icon to the right of the home page. Enjoy yourself as well.

sladerunner69

Fatty tissue is constantly being regulated by a number of factors but mostly metabolism. Even when glycolysis is active, as in burning carbs for fuel, the body is burning a small amount of fat.

The best way many of us have found to get really lean and ripped is to avoid fat, even saturated fat, as much as possible. Dropping daily fat intake to below 5% will be the way to go. Over the course of a few weeks the rest of your excess fat will be gradually released and consumed, and not oxidized like during the massive release of FFA's that follow ketosis.

- the girl in this video will never age because she doesn't store PUFA's so has the potential to have a perfect metabolism?

I don't see muscles either. Clearly there are other issues.

beachbum

I don't see muscles either. Clearly there are other issues.
Are you serious about this woman/girl. Clearly she is extremely unhealthy. I was close to looking like that and thought I was going to die. ( not by choice by the way).

Parsifal

Are you serious about this woman/girl. Clearly she is extremely unhealthy. I was close to looking like that and thought I was going to die. ( not by choice by the way).
Nah, you're wrong, she has a perfect metabolism since she has no PUFA in her cells :D.

D

Deleted member 5487

Fatty tissue is constantly being regulated by a number of factors but mostly metabolism. Even when glycolysis is active, as in burning carbs for fuel, the body is burning a small amount of fat.

The best way many of us have found to get really lean and ripped is to avoid fat, even saturated fat, as much as possible. Dropping daily fat intake to below 5% will be the way to go. Over the course of a few weeks the rest of your excess fat will be gradually released and consumed, and not oxidized like during the massive release of FFA's that follow ketosis.

Old thread. But what carbs do you consume then?
I'mean already drinking two quarts of OJ and heavily honeyed Milk.

Do you eat searchs? And what's the upper limit of fructose?

whodathunkit

@James IV, do you mind sharing your "regimen" or what you eat in a day? Anything specific you did to restore your metabolism?

Also, mind answering the questions below? Just seeking info for consideration.

You can "excrete" fat via the liver without "burning" it for energy. A healthy metabolism will preferentially "burn" saturated/monounsaturated fats and "excrete" polyunsaturated fats.
Does this go for stored PUFA, when eating healthy to meet caloric requirements? In your experience/opinion, does simply eating PUFA-free achieve depletion of stored PUFA over time, even when meeting caloric requirements so that no fat/weight is lost?

How would you (do you) go about getting rid of excess bodyfat? Especially with a stored PUFA load?

Anything that heals (not just stimulates) metabolic function will help increase stored pufa excretion, as long as you are not consuming pufa. I would not recommend Niacinamide, if your goal is reduction in total bodyfat.
What do you consider that heals the metabolism rather than just stimulates it? Anything besides just eating healthy foods to meet caloric requirements?

Also...my (crude) understanding is that niacinimide helps the body oxidize sugar not fat for fuel, which is actually stimulating and "good". I have been experimenting again with it lately and am stopping again because I'm not doing well on it. I've never done well on any niacin derivative. It "crashes" me. My metabolism was trashed for a long time (boatload of CFS symptoms, lots of stored PUFA, then I overdid fasting, etc.) and I am still in recovery. I can be "thrown back" a few clicks in my recovery by experimenting with or doing the wrong things. Apparently niacin/imide is still a no-go for me. I'm still trying to grasp why, when so many people seem to get benefit from it. It does seem to shut down weight loss, for sure. And I would like to get rid of the rest of my stored PUFA.

Interestingly, though, each time I try niacin or niacinimide I react less negatively to it than the time before.

This is from another thread
Caffeine is a hell of a drug.
So you don't do caffeine...?

Last edited:
J

James IV

@James IV, do you mind sharing your "regimen" or what you eat in a day? Anything specific you did to restore your metabolism?

Also, mind answering the questions below? Just seeking info for consideration.

Does this go for stored PUFA, when eating healthy to meet caloric requirements? In your experience/opinion, does simply eating PUFA-free achieve depletion of stored PUFA over time, even when meeting caloric requirements so that no fat/weight is lost?

How would you (do you) go about getting rid of excess bodyfat? Especially with a stored PUFA load?

What do you consider that heals the metabolism rather than just stimulates it? Anything besides just eating healthy foods to meet caloric requirements?

Also...my (crude) understanding is that niacinimide helps the body oxidize sugar not fat for fuel, which is actually stimulating and "good". I have been experimenting again with it lately and am stopping again because I'm not doing well on it. I've never done well on any niacin derivative. It "crashes" me. My metabolism was trashed for a long time (boatload of CFS symptoms, lots of stored PUFA, then I overdid fasting, etc.) and I am still in recovery. I can be "thrown back" a few clicks in my recovery by experimenting with or doing the wrong things. Apparently niacin/imide is still a no-go for me. I'm still trying to grasp why, when so many people seem to get benefit from it. It does seem to shut down weight loss, for sure. And I would like to get rid of the rest of my stored PUFA.

Interestingly, though, each time I try niacin or niacinimide I react less negatively to it than the time before.

This is from another thread

So you don't do caffeine...?

I'd rather not share my diet because its not static, and I don't think my diet will apply to everyone. I will say, I eat all macronutrients, to taste. I eat lighter, easy to digest foods during working hours, and a large portion of my calories when I am able to be relaxed, usually from when I finish work until sleep.

I think yes, eating and DIGESTING, sufficient, primarily nutrient dense, calories, is the most important aspect to healthing. If you are hypo, this number may be higher than you think.

"Burning" fat happens in a number of ways, and I think trying to figure out how to do it "safely" is probabaly futile. Removing PUFA from the body will be hard on the body reguardless of method. I suggest never "trying" to lose bodyfat until your metabolism is strong and health robust. If you get to that point, you can likely use mild and cyclical caloric restriction to accomplish your goal. Although, I don't think there is a way of consciously restricting calories without some sort of metabolic consequences. I think the best approach would be to get your energy levels up so you will naturally be more active.

I don't use any supplements regularly.
I currently don't use caffeine. But I have in the past, and may in the future.

Tarmander

Eat in a way that makes your stomach feel slim. You'll lose weight overtime. Avoid the bloat.

whodathunkit

@Jame IV & @Tarmander, thanks. Your suggestions are the direction I'm going, just nice to hear it from people more experienced than me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals