If You Never Want To Use Laundry Detergent This Is Your Answer

I have been using this chemical-free fabric softener, and it works amazingly well. I use only two of the balls, and only one for small loads.
One thing a I notice about using these Nellie’s Fabric Softener balls is that I hardly have any lint coming out in the trap, which tells me these are better at preserving the integrity of fabrics.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I would agree with you, that though the magnesium balls make my laundry smell squeaky clean, it doesn’t so much on real dirty stuff, so I use regular laundry soap on those, but I am going to try your Epsom salt suggestion now, instead on the tougher stuff.
R&R, have you gotten a chance to try espom salt with the Terra clean on dirty loads?

Jackson Chung

Anyone tried ozone to wash their laundry? There are machines that put ozone in the cold water and they should work similar to the beads in theory. But have other uses (oxidize toxins from produce for example)

R&R, have you gotten a chance to try espom salt with the Terra clean on dirty loads?
Ok @xeliex I bought the Epsom salts yesterday and added a cup to a load of towels today, along with the Terra magnesium pouch, and didn’t use bleach like I usually do, and it smelled fresh. I would rather the clothes have that fresh salty smell than the bleach.

Attachments

• EEC5A180-50C8-4979-9A01-E45DCD8120CB.jpeg
    EEC5A180-50C8-4979-9A01-E45DCD8120CB.jpeg
    386.8 KB · Views: 8

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Ok @xeliex I bought the Epsom salts yesterday and added a cup to a load of towels today, along with the Terra magnesium pouch, and didn’t use bleach like I usually do, and it smelled fresh. I would rather the clothes have that fresh salty smell than the bleach.
🥳
TY
Just received my Terra wash today!
Excited for clean laundry. Seventh Generation free and clear were not doing a great job.

InChristAlone

Been using the balls since this thread started and have been very pleased! I do use a little bit of washing powder, but I tend to wear my clothes for more than one day.

Been using the balls since this thread started and have been very pleased! I do use a little bit of washing powder, but I tend to wear my clothes for more than one day.
That is great to hear! I have been using the magnesium beads for my wash, and for tough loads like underwear, sheets and towels I add salt in with it, and my laundry smells cleaner than any laundry soap I have used.

OP
ecstatichamster
I learned that it's the agitation action that is doing most of the cleaning. Would you say that is the case? What do you do for stains?
Any other tips?

The Terra Wash has been enough for almost everything. We use Shout occasionally on the stains pre-treating before we wash but it is rare. The Terra Wash magnesium interacts with the water and clothing to produce a saponification so you don’t need detergent and it isn’t just the agitation, it’s the chemistry.

I learned that it's the agitation action that is doing most of the cleaning. Would you say that is the case? What do you do for stains?
Any other tips?
It is the action that releasing dirt, but it doesn’t do anything for bad smells. Even when I did use laundry soap the perfume just coexisted with the funky smell of the laundry, and I would have to do a second wash. The magnesium pouch I use now and added salt leaves no smell at all now, very clean smelling.

Cow

For probably a year now, I just wash my clothes with about 1/4 C baking soda and they smell very fresh, but neutral. (I do wash in hot water.) I recently bought some rosemary essential oil and am going to experiment with that. I read you can drop it into the wash to disinfect and/or put some drops onto a wet sock and into the dryer if you want to get the sent on your clothes.

I recently bought some rosemary essential oil and am going to experiment with that. I read you can drop it into the wash to disinfect and/or put some drops onto a wet sock and into the dryer if you want to get the sent on your clothes.
I like the idea of your rosemary. I grow it. I wonder how essential oil from it is made?

sunny

That is great to hear! I have been using the magnesium beads for my wash, and for tough loads like underwear, sheets and towels I add salt in with it, and my laundry smells cleaner than any laundry soap I have used.
How much salt are you using? Regular old cheap salt, not the expensive heavy metal free kind?

I'm using the beads, but still some low toxicity detergent.
I would like to get away from the detergent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom