baccheion

Oh, I thought you meant 6 feet or over, but your calculation basis doesn't include 6 feet but would start with 6'1, right? I also underestimated the inches in my head, since that isn't a metric I use regularly.
6 foot (72") is included..

Hermes

Fascinating article in the world of branding. I'm not sure if all the computer nerds who hang out at 4chan are incels. Probably it's more accurate to say it's directed towards right-leaning, young males who have great distrust in the media. Not young anymore but sceptical of mass media, and who isn't on this forum? And I'd be surprised if there were many who endorsed left-wing politics on this forum. Anyway, who said social issues could be easily divided into two opposite parties? Life is way more complex and rich than this dichotomy suggests. I'm off on a tangent. :)

Regina

Fascinating article in the world of branding. I'm not sure if all the computer nerds who hang out at 4chan are incels. Probably it's more accurate to say it's directed towards right-leaning, young males who have great distrust in the media. Not young anymore but sceptical of mass media, and who isn't on this forum? And I'd be surprised if there were many who endorsed left-wing politics on this forum. Anyway, who said social issues could be easily divided into two opposite parties? Life is way more complex and rich than this dichotomy suggests. I'm off on a tangent. :)
Yeah. I thought the branding analysis was fascinating too.

What’s the official definition of an incel? I’ve heard so many descriptions of what an incel is. I just thought it meant a nerd. Not all nerds are bad. Some smart nerds are kind of attractive.

I thought incels were young guys who are involuntarily celibate. They wish for a sexual partner, a girlfriend but struggle to meet their needs. Haidut posted a study which showed that especially the young don't have much sex anymore as they used to have.

This is the post: Record High Number Of People Are Not Having Sex, The Young Lead The Pack
Yes, there’s that too. But being involuntarily celibate might actually be a good thing given the vaccinated status of most women today.

Hermes

Yes, there’s that too. But being involuntarily celibate might actually be a good thing given the vaccinated status of most women today.
Yeah, you put an entire new spin on the story. Yet the instinct to procreate remains. It's very powerful. And so must be the frustrations of young men who fall by the wayside. As far as I understand, most of them just don't engage in the dating market anymore. And I'm sure there are still quite a few young women around who are not yet vaccinated. And there is even another perspective: good male role models are missing in this world. Most guys put way too much emphasis on sex, what we need are meaningful relationships with the opposite sex. And that's where most fathers have fallen short, missed out on the opportunity to balance out motherly love in order to support the maturation of sons. Not getting laid should be the end goal, but raising a family. It has become really messy.

Yeah, you put an entire new spin on the story. Yet the instinct to procreate remains. It's very powerful. And so must be the frustrations of young men who fall by the wayside. As far as I understand, most of them just don't engage in the dating market anymore. And I'm sure there are still quite a few young women around who are not yet vaccinated. And there is even another perspective: good male role models are missing in this world. Most guys put way too much emphasis on sex, what we need are meaningful relationships with the opposite sex. And that's where most fathers have fallen short, missed out on the opportunity to balance out motherly love in order to support the maturation of sons. Not getting laid should be the end goal, but raising a family. It has become really messy.
Interesting, I shared similar thoughts in the “Dating a vaccinated girl” thread.

grapes

Not getting laid should be the end goal, but raising a family.
Considering that most marriages end up in divorce, and most divorces are initiated by women, raising a family can not be a priority for men today.

Hermes

Considering that most marriages end up in divorce, and most divorces are initiated by women, raising a family can not be a priority for men today.
Well, I see where you're coming from. Nevertheless, I want to give life. For one, it's a skill to attract women: be a man with choice. When you find a mate that is compatible, it's an entire different skill set which is required to keep the relationship alive and healthy. Statistics always inform about tendencies, never about a single case. I'm convinced that it's possible to be in a full-filling relationship with the opposite sex till death separates you. Call me romantic, naive, but this is what I want and believe in. Despite the terrible hook-up culture, despite draining online dating, despite divorces. We are in desperate need of hope for our lives in order not to become cynical and empty. It's time to start living a spiritual life.

Whichway?

I agree with many of the statements you’ve made in this thread. As a parent watching my son and other children and watching other parents, I can see how children are raised now where they are taught and trained to expect the best in everything. For example my son gets coached in tennis, and I’m ok with him getting taught by pretty much anyone that has a coaching certificate. But many of the parents keep asking my partner do they know who the BEST coach is, who was previously a national champion, who has the best credentials, even though their kids are only average at best.

You translate that attitude to everything, and you have a generation of people who demand the best even though they themselves are only at best average. I hear it at my work place all the time, where several people I know complain profusely about everyone around them being in-competent, and how frustrating it is to have to work with them, as if they themselves are so good. I just try to get along the best I can in whatever team of people I find myself.

If you have daughters I can see how this attitude of ”only the best for my little precious”, plus feminism, plus women often earning more than men now, plus technology and dating apps giving women access to a larger pool of choice, means there is definitely men who will miss out.

It‘s a toxic soup of factors. Everyone Is out there shopping for the best life now and demanding it from everyone else but themselves often.

grapes

I agree with many of the statements you’ve made in this thread. As a parent watching my son and other children and watching other parents, I can see how children are raised now where they are taught and trained to expect the best in everything. For example my son gets coached in tennis, and I’m ok with him getting taught by pretty much anyone that has a coaching certificate. But many of the parents keep asking my partner do they know who the BEST coach is, who was previously a national champion, who has the best credentials, even though their kids are only average at best.
This and inability of most of the women to find out correctly what is actually the best. For them, for their children, for the country etc.

Last edited:

baccheion

Less than 10% of males are found attractive by women. Incels are due to women getting the right to open a bank account in their own name (1975) and other similar things matched with not having any/enough money.

grapes

Less than 10% of males are found attractive by women. Incels are due to women getting the right to open a bank account in their own name (1975) and other similar things matched with not having any/enough money.
Women don't need men to earn money, but still consider men as a source of income.

What’s the official definition of an incel? I’ve heard so many descriptions of what an incel is. I just thought it meant a nerd. Not all nerds are bad. Some smart nerds are kind of attractive.
Wtf? It has nothing to do with being a "nerd"

Plenty of nerds can have sex.

baccheion

Women don't need men to earn money, but still consider men as a source of income.
Before 1975, a woman could not open a bank account. A marker of dependence on males. Now, there is less dependence. If the world were free (ignoring government need to ensure replacement), very few males would get laid. The rest would have to pay and would only be able to manage ~1x/week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom