Incoherent Speech And Word Loss

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

High Dose B-Vitamin and Multi Mineral;Rec would be Thorne Research 2/day;Magnesium Citrate 500-1000mgMagnesium content/d dissolved in Water;Vitamin D as D3 oral 10000IU/d;Restaurant type of Diet;High Protein;High Quality Flaxseed Oil 10g/day;Fishoil 3-5g/day (Liver insufficiency precipitates Dementia in males via decay of DHA-trafficking to the Brain,Peat is wrong in regard to interpretation of Lipidresearch);High Dose Vitamin E as high as 3200mg/d as plain Alpha;1000-2000mg Vitamin C as plain Ascorbic Acid Powder;1500mg Thiaminhydrochloride oral;1-3g/d Sodium Bicarbonate on an empty stomach between Meals;2-4 soft Boiled Eggs/d;Meaningful Hormone replacement like Thyroid,T.All of that and probably more is needed.What member JudiBlueHen said also.But maybe get testing for things like Hormonal Status under the Guise of different kinds of Disease or as a general Checkup.Also Antibiotic considerations. A lot of Medications can have this type of severe deterioration,like Statins.Figure out if and what the takes.
Thank you Tristan Loscha +1

StephanF

Forum Supporter
My mom's memory and mental health started to decline back in 2010, she was 85 then. I got her on coconut oil, Prevagen, and Procera. This helped a lot! I had some brain fog issues back then, too, and did a detox using a formula from Advanced Bionutritionals. Heavy metals, especially mercury leaking from so-called 'silver fillings' can damage the brain. I also used open cell chlorella during my detox. It really helped! Swanson Vitamins has user comments and ratings for their supplements, it is worth looking Prevagen and other supplements for brain health up on their website.

Here are some links:

Detoxification Support Supplements

- Swanson Health Products

Procera Protect (Ceraplex)

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Thanks - great information. Glad he is getting evaluated. I greatly sympathize with his despair over the collapse of world order; I have suffered a lot of depression over the last few months with the same thoughts (of course I have always had an ability to slip into depression, so the current situation is a great opportunity in that regard).

What's worse is the fear that it is going to continue going in the wrong direction and that leaders, having concluded that they can shut down most commerce and declare what businesses shall be "essential" (and can shortly decide to raise property taxes to make up for lost revenue...), will continue this power grab. We had planned a trip to Costa Rica this year but all air travel is on hold for us.

As for your brother, I hope you can find a way to get him some meals. Maybe he can ride this out with some nutritional support. Good luck to your family!
@ JudiBlueHen Thank you for your thoughts.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

+1 JudiBlueHen
+1 X3CyO
+1 aguineapig
+1 Recoen
+1 magnesiumania
+1 StephanF
Thank you!

tankasnowgod

Getting doctors involved will be the beginning of the end. I would avoid them at all costs (except for getting labtests and prescriptions that you suggest yourself). All they can do is put a label on it and empty your wallet in the process. If they suspect alzheimers/dementia they will likely put him on cholinergic drugs and SSRIs and only make things worse.

I recommend you read and hear Peats articles and interviews on alzheimers. Sometimes it‘s as simple as a cold brain and some thyroid can normalize things. Creating a peaty dietary regimen will be helpful either way.

Also look up haiduts posts about alzheimers treatments.

In addition to what you mentioned, I believe both Peat and Haidut have mentioned low dose lithium as a way to reverse alzheimers, or any sort of mental decline.

Something like 1/3 of rapid onset dementia in elderly are caused by urinary tract infections. Rule it out. Perhaps giving him a round of antibiotics should be helpful. Remove pufas, allithiamine with other B-vitamins, magnesium. You can try an led red light device on his head.

Last edited:

Melekai

I just want to get this out here for now; the research I mention is pretty easily found w/your favorite search engine, so I'm not going to drown you in links, for the sake of expedience.

I found myself at peri-menopause w/brain fog, short-term memory loss, word loss, degraded balance, and other early-onset AD symptoms, having already watched my mom's wretched 11-yr decline (post-diagnosis). My earliest symptom of short-term memory loss had actually hit me in my early 40s.

I found Dr Mary Newport's reporting on her work w/her husband, who was already moderate-to-severe when she started her interventions on him. Her work was based on the theory of AD as brain diabetes; the effect is that, since the brain can't obtain energy from sugars, it's in a state of starvation. (One can imagine all manner of cellular functions, including garbage collection, that diminish from lack of usable energy in that state.)

Newport's work was based on that of Dr Veech at NIH, who discovered that ketones are the backup fuel for the brain in the state of actual, physical starvation. Ketones are normally a by-product of the fat burning that occurs during starvation, but they can also be created in the liver from medium-chain triglycerides. Coconut oil is the main dietary source of MCTs.

As you do your research and try things, heed the warnings that say CO can make you nauseated. Ramp up from a teaspoon/day to several tablespoons/day over a couple weeks time. The therapeutic dose is the higher end of that range. When I got to that range, after a few more days, the brain fog lifted, short-term memory and word recall and balance all quickly returned (over a period of another week or so) to _youthful_ performance levels.

Quickly thereafter, I also added both DHEA and pregnenolone (50mg and 100mg range each, to begin with) and regained the sense of resiliency that other people in this forum report for those substances. (Have since ramped down DHEA to 10mg and preg 50mg, but I play with it, and get my hormone levels tested every year.)

On the CO/dhea/preg regimen for several years, I functioned highly in my (technical) career and daily life, but always felt the impacts of missing a day. I came across other research that showed EGCG caused up-regulation of insulin receptors in the brain, so I went on a several-month-long course of 326mg/day of that (took a few weeks off in the middle to give my liver a rest), and ever since then, have been able to miss up to 3 days before I start feeling low brain energy.

It's been over 10 years, and I'm still rocking and rolling in my career.

Best of luck.

Recoen

I just want to get this out here for now; the research I mention is pretty easily found w/your favorite search engine, so I'm not going to drown you in links, for the sake of expedience.

I found myself at peri-menopause w/brain fog, short-term memory loss, word loss, degraded balance, and other early-onset AD symptoms, having already watched my mom's wretched 11-yr decline (post-diagnosis). My earliest symptom of short-term memory loss had actually hit me in my early 40s.

I found Dr Mary Newport's reporting on her work w/her husband, who was already moderate-to-severe when she started her interventions on him. Her work was based on the theory of AD as brain diabetes; the effect is that, since the brain can't obtain energy from sugars, it's in a state of starvation. (One can imagine all manner of cellular functions, including garbage collection, that diminish from lack of usable energy in that state.)

Newport's work was based on that of Dr Veech at NIH, who discovered that ketones are the backup fuel for the brain in the state of actual, physical starvation. Ketones are normally a by-product of the fat burning that occurs during starvation, but they can also be created in the liver from medium-chain triglycerides. Coconut oil is the main dietary source of MCTs.

As you do your research and try things, heed the warnings that say CO can make you nauseated. Ramp up from a teaspoon/day to several tablespoons/day over a couple weeks time. The therapeutic dose is the higher end of that range. When I got to that range, after a few more days, the brain fog lifted, short-term memory and word recall and balance all quickly returned (over a period of another week or so) to _youthful_ performance levels.

Quickly thereafter, I also added both DHEA and pregnenolone (50mg and 100mg range each, to begin with) and regained the sense of resiliency that other people in this forum report for those substances. (Have since ramped down DHEA to 10mg and preg 50mg, but I play with it, and get my hormone levels tested every year.)

On the CO/dhea/preg regimen for several years, I functioned highly in my (technical) career and daily life, but always felt the impacts of missing a day. I came across other research that showed EGCG caused up-regulation of insulin receptors in the brain, so I went on a several-month-long course of 326mg/day of that (took a few weeks off in the middle to give my liver a rest), and ever since then, have been able to miss up to 3 days before I start feeling low brain energy.

It's been over 10 years, and I'm still rocking and rolling in my career.

Best of luck.
Did you consider progesterone instead of preg/dhea? If you did, will you please share why you went with the latter?

Melekai

I had only read about preg + dhea at the time (ref. Life Extensions literature on cognitive decline).

Funny you should ask about prog; don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll try to be brief. Very recently, after a foray into heavier dhea (50mg/day) and low/no preg, I was having major problems w/lack of focus simultaneous with learning new technical skills, and under schedule pressure, that translated to high anxiety. After 3 mos or so of those issues, I had my annual hormone panel done, and found that my testosterone and estrogen were both so high that it rendered me effectively progesterone deficient. I switched back to a preg emphasis (50mg preg + 10mg dhea mentioned above), also started using transdermal prog (Life-flo brand), and almost immediately felt a significant improvement in focus and lower anxiety. My bad! Track your hormones, mates. :)

@Melekai what had upregulated the insulin receptors?

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals