Infant Acetone (breath), info?

RealNeat

It seems to be normal for babies to be in mild ketosis through their early weeks.

BREAST IS BEST​

Breastmilk is high in fat (55%), moderate in carbohydrate (39%) and low in protein (6%). Exclusively breastfed babies are in a state of mild ketosis. Despite this, experts agree breastmilk is the best food for babies and has been associated with various health benefits. Breastfed babies experience better cognitive performance, less frequent and severe infectious diseases, as well as lower rates of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), certain cancers, food allergies, asthma, types 1 and 2 diabetes, overweight and obesity, and high cholesterol.9 World authorities including the World Health Organisation agree that infants should be given nothing but breastmilk for the first 6 months, that breastmilk should be the main source of nutrition for the first year of life, and that breastfeeding should continue for at least one year whenever possible, and preferably for up to two years or beyond. - Ketosis - key to human babies’ big brains?

Low carbers will argue this means its the natural state, since Im familiar with Rays work i know this is a half truth and that though ketones are beneficial, "getting there" is ridden with issues, at least for adults.

My questions is, how long should this sustain for exclusively breasfed babies? Ive encountered babies who have mild acetone breath going on 7 months, is this because of the macro ratio of breast milk? its lack of carbs causes the body to dip in and out of ketosis? Are there any concerns? Should carbs be increased as "solid food" to prevent this?

Culturally and religiously, we finger in a very little amount of mashed date juice into a newborns mouth. I've seen studies indicating this to be a good practice with favorable outcomes in preventing potentially deadly newborn hypoglycemia. So how can we balance this with the fact that breast milk macros seem to favor the production of ketones. It could also be that the breast milk is processed so fast by the body that as soon as the calories clear the baby enters ketosis immediately, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they should enter that state,

GTW

I'm sure there's a non-invasive test for ketoacidosis.
Otherwise as Hans Seelye wrote, life is stress, stress is life, the absence of stress is death.
That much higher amounts of a substance are toxic or symptomatic of pathology does mean lesser amounts are, or can\should be avoided.
Equilibrium in biology is dynamic, not static.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I'm sure there's a non-invasive test for ketoacidosis.
Otherwise as Hans Seelye wrote, life is stress, stress is life, the absence of stress is death.
That much higher amounts of a substance are toxic or symptomatic of pathology does mean lesser amounts are, or can\should be avoided.
Equilibrium in biology is dynamic, not static.
Why would testing for keto acidosis be appropriate? Its nutritional ketosis, not diabetes, though they share some commonality.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals