Injectable Aripiprazole Concerns

Connor888

Hi everyone
Unfortunately around 8 weeks ago I developed a psychosis that lasted a couple of weeks. I got admitted to a mental health facility and put on 15-20mg of Aripiprazole in tablet form. If that wasn't bad enough, in a few weeks they're telling me I'll have to be put on a once monthly muscular injection in the deltoid(of Aripiprazole) instead of tablets, and I am extremely nervous about this because I know there is a high likelihood I am going to experience some degree of negative effect from this. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice here because this is a first for me.

I've gone my whole life without anti-psychotic medication and I know I can live fine without it minus this recent episode. However, the choice is not mine to make and I don't really have a say in the matter. Is there any way I can supplement my way out of this? The only thing I could think of was to take St John's Wort since it interacts with pretty much every medication but I would be a little worried about Serotonin syndrome... And I'm not sure if it would even be safe to take alongside the Aripiprazole. The interaction could be dangerous for all I know.

Sorry for the long post but I am really stuck with this. Thank you in advance. Any discussion is welcome. Thanks.

japanesedude

I've prescribed Ariprazole long ago and It was the worst drug I took. I was under massive stress and had a habit of undereating for years which lead me to schzophrenia but I've overcame by myself.
don't worry bro. you'll be ok. start eating well sleep well and do some activity outside. hangout with your friends
look around the forum. there are tsunami of informations that can help you.

frankmp0

I've gone my whole life without anti-psychotic medication and I know I can live fine without it minus this recent episode. However, the choice is not mine to make and I don't really have a say in the matter.

Why is it not your choice to make? Why do you not have a say in the matter over your own body and health? I'm excited to see what others have to say, I'm sure somebody will be able to offer you some actionable solution.

What is your diet? Are you taking any supplements? Are you stressed? How's your general lifestyle?

Clyde

Hi everyone
Unfortunately around 8 weeks ago I developed a psychosis that lasted a couple of weeks. I got admitted to a mental health facility and put on 15-20mg of Aripiprazole in tablet form. If that wasn't bad enough, in a few weeks they're telling me I'll have to be put on a once monthly muscular injection in the deltoid(of Aripiprazole) instead of tablets, and I am extremely nervous about this because I know there is a high likelihood I am going to experience some degree of negative effect from this. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice here because this is a first for me.

I've gone my whole life without anti-psychotic medication and I know I can live fine without it minus this recent episode. However, the choice is not mine to make and I don't really have a say in the matter. Is there any way I can supplement my way out of this? The only thing I could think of was to take St John's Wort since it interacts with pretty much every medication but I would be a little worried about Serotonin syndrome... And I'm not sure if it would even be safe to take alongside the Aripiprazole. The interaction could be dangerous for all I know.

Sorry for the long post but I am really stuck with this. Thank you in advance. Any discussion is welcome. Thanks.
Get off it as soon as you can to minimize the damage. From my reading the amount of damage is determined by the dose and duration. Maybe you can fix the underlying problem and then you don't need it.

Last edited:
OP
Connor888

Connor888

Get off it as soon as you can to minimize the damage. From my reading the amount of damage is determined by the dose and duration. Maybe you can fix the underlying problem and then you don't need it.
I need to be on the injection for a minimum of 12 months. And I'm not sure of any other way to detox it out of me. Would my st John's wort idea work? @Clyde thanks.

Clyde

I need to be on the injection for a minimum of 12 months. And I'm not sure of any other way to detox it out of me. Would my st John's wort idea work? @Clyde thanks.
I know it can lower the half life of different drugs but it would have been pulled from shelves decades ago if it could effectively remove drugs from circulation bc there would occasional fatalities. There would stories of people on anti-coagulants getting clots for example. Assuming it had some small effect, would it matter if it could take the dose from 20mg to 17mg?

You should put all your energy into not taking it, taking the lowest dose possible, not being on it long term and not needing it imo. I don' t think there is any way to take it but not take it.

I hadn't heard it's especially dangerous. I would think you can recover from just one year.

Last edited:

Clyde

This is what I had read years ago.​

Long-term antipsychotic treatment and brain volumes: a longitudinal study of first-episode schizophrenia​

Beng-Choon Ho 1, Nancy C Andreasen, Steven Ziebell, Ronald Pierson, Vincent Magnotta
Affiliations expand
Free PMC article

Conclusions​

Viewed together with data from animal studies, our study suggests that antipsychotics have a subtle but measurable influence on brain tissue loss over time, suggesting the importance of careful risk-benefit review of dosage and duration of treatment as well as their off-label use.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals