Interesting study on testosterone gel topically for increasing terminal facial hair growth in young men. Topical androgens

Cameron

Topical androgens like androsterone and dht would likely have similar localized maturation effect of terminal hairs. Hacking beard growth. Male bio hacking.
—————————-
Objectives: To determine whether the medical prescription of testosterone gel can successfully increase facial hairs in young men with beta-thalassemia major.

Methods: Thirty-two men with beta-thalassemia major, at least 15 years old (tanner stage 4), were randomized in four blocks according to age and serum testosterone level. The cases received 2.5% testosterone gel. The changes in the number of terminal hairs were evaluated by a dermatologist after 6 months. Student's t-test and paired t-test were used to compare the results.

Results: The serum testosterone levels of controls and cases were 9.5+/-5.7 (mean+/-SD) and 10.5+/-9.6 ng/l, respectively. The number of terminal hairs (per cm2) in cases (29.8+/-13.6) was significantly higher than that for controls (13.9+/-13.2) (p<0.005). One patient from each group complained of a sense of irritation.

Conclusion: The 2.5% testosterone gel was effective and well tolerated in inducing the transformation of the terminal hairs of the beard area of thalassemic males.
@haidut @Hans

CiggyTardust

Interesting. I wonder how this would compare to Minoxidil which is commonly used for the same purpose. Less side effects? Is such gel available OTC?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Just going to keep on applying DHT haha. It takes months, but it will be worth it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting. Where can one learn more about this? How does it compare to Minoxidil? I've stayed away from Minox due to side effects but would love to fill in my patchy beard
Learn more about topical DHT for beard growth?
The main reason I'd recommend to stay away from minox is because it can cause collagen degeneration and prematurely age you.

CiggyTardust

Learn more about topical DHT for beard growth?
The main reason I'd recommend to stay away from minox is because it can cause collagen degeneration and prematurely age you.
Good to know. Yes, I'd like to learn more about topical DHT for beard growth.

Also, enjoying reading through your site now. Lots of great information, thank you for sharing.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good to know. Yes, I'd like to learn more about topical DHT for beard growth.

Also, enjoying reading through your site now. Lots of great information, thank you for sharing.
Glad you're enjoying the content!
I haven't read too deeply into topical DHT for beard growth, except a few studies such as the one posted above.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Glad you're enjoying the content!
I haven't read too deeply into topical DHT for beard growth, except a few studies such as the one posted above.
11-keto DHT. 1 drop on each cheek.
This is from my email with Georgi! He had great information to share on the topic
Georgi said “Good to hear it is working. Yes, applying to the face should stimulate more local growth. I don't think the absorption there is as high as in the navel, but that is not a problem as typically very little androgen needs to absorb locally body hair growth in a specific area, such as beard, legs, etc when applied to that specific area. And the stronger the androgen, the stronger the hair growth stimulus so the fact that androsterone is 5-AR reduced makes it more effective than its unsaturated analog DHEA, which is not only less androgenic but can also convert into estrogen (which inhibits hair growth) while androsterone does not convert to estrogen and even inhibits the estrogen-synthesizing enzyme aromatase.”

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Just going to keep on applying DHT haha. It takes months, but it will be worth it.
Please keep updated I’m doing this with androsterone on mustache and soul patch lol :) and a little on the navel

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Also not to fall into placebo but I would say after using andro I do see some darker hairs that were blonde before. Nothing crazy yet but andro is 1/7th of test. Imagine a dht localized effect. Pretty interesting stuff.

Interesting! I have beta-thalassemia minor or trait and I do have less hair in some areas. Unfortunately, I do not have access to DHT, but I have testosterone. Maybe I will give a shot.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Explanation of why 11 keto dht is less detected in mammals 11KT is not as effectively 5a reduced as regular T as far as 11 keto dht experimentation goes @Hans
“Another significant finding from this study is that 11KT is not efficiently 5α-reduced by SRD5A1, which is the predominant SRD5A isozyme expressed in the majority of peripheral tissues [22,24,25]. This observation likely explains why the circulating levels of 11K-5α-DHT are substantially lower than those of 5α-DHT [40] and suggests that 11KT is the primary active 11-oxygenated androgen. Moreover, 11KT may be resistant to peripheral inactivation by glucuronidation [8,55]. Thus, it appears that the peripheral metabolism and inactivation of 11KT is substantially different to that of T. We therefore propose that AKR1D1-catalysed 5β-reduction of 11KT plays a vital role in the inactivation and clearance of this potent androgen. When considering the 11-oxygenated androgens tested in this study, it is interesting to note that AKR1D1 demonstrated a significant substrate preference towards the 11-keto substrates, 11KT and 11KA4, and was unable to catalyse the 5β-reduction of the 11hydroxysteroids, 11OHT or 11OHA4”

Lambro18

I live in Brazil, where is illegally even to get DHEA. But there are creative ways to get it with other names.
And what other names would that be? I'm relatively new to this aspect, but don't know options of where to get these products, how much, and how to make a solution for my benefit without the getting in trouble with the feds.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom