Is stress all bad?

actknow

Dr. Peat changed my life and he's the first "celebrity" whose passing I'm truly grieving for. Dr. Peat's legacy to me is to seek truth. He didn't live as long as I was expecting. I'm wondering whether avoiding as much stress as possible, for example, not exercising much, or not eating much vegetable is detrimental to longevity in the long run. One health "guru" I'm checking on is Arthur De Vany. His paleo diet is fairly close to Peat's recommendation (except for dairy and sugar). He does exercise regularly and he's 85 years' old now. It'll be interesting to see how long Dr. De Vany lives. A single example does not prove anything, but it is a data point.

TopG

Man.. this whole diet and nutrition journey is the most stressing thing.

I‘m starting to think diet doesn’t matter at all and we should all follow our cravings.

It’s the achievements in life that influences well-being.

Motorneuron

It's a very generic question, I know gymnasts who are in perfect health despite having had a "wearing" whole life made up of exhausting daily workouts... I believe that adaptability to stress is the real "secret". A life without stress I think is just a utopia in the world we live in... unless you want to spend your life at 8000 😅.

There are some great articles out there about eustress, distress...

TheSir

When you are healthy, not exercising might be a larger stressor than exercising, as you will naturally crave physical movement. The presence or absence of such craving is a good marker of health in itself.

Sphagnum

Chronic stress, unnatural stress, and severe stress could all be detrimental, sure.

“Stress” in general is what prompts our physiology to become stronger. Comfort is a slow death.

JamesGatz

Stress is ALL BAD - aging isn't real and if you are "aging" in reality whats happening is you are degenerating from stress

99.99% of the population encounters enough stress to cause this degeneration

Ray as brilliant as he was had quite a few environmental stressors (many of which i've spoken about)

Anyone who lives in modern society is NOT under "no stress" - not possible if you live in society even if you are aware of all stressors - YOU WILL be under a degree of stress

joaquin

Stress is ALL BAD - aging isn't real and if you are "aging" in reality whats happening is you are degenerating from stress

99.99% of the population encounters enough stress to cause this degeneration

Ray as brilliant as he was had quite a few environmental stressors (many of which i've spoken about)

Anyone who lives in modern society is NOT under "no stress" - not possible if you live in society even if you are aware of all stressors - YOU WILL be under a degree of stress
Stress is all bad? So, standing up getting out of bed should be completely avoided as it would interfere with the muscle atrophy process?
We should all just become vegetables! yes, that is the bioenergetic way!

stoic

Stress is all bad? So, standing up getting out of bed should be completely avoided as it would interfere with the muscle atrophy process?
As @TheSir excellently put it, stress is relative to our situation.

When I sleep enough and wake up freely, getting out of bed is never a stressor – forcing myself to stay in bed is, on the other hand.

JamesGatz

Well Joaquin if you READ MY THREAD on how toxic mattresses are you wouldn't be in the bed in the first place

Sleeping on the floor is the new wave 🌊

By the way is your LAST NAME Gúzman? I think I know what you work as now but I need confirmation

joaquin

Well Joaquin if you READ MY THREAD on how toxic mattresses are you wouldn't be in the bed in the first place

Sleeping on the floor is the new wave 🌊

By the way is your LAST NAME Gúzman? I think I know what you work as now but I need confirmation
Gúzman? I can neither confirm nor deny.
I use a mattress cover that prevents any particles from floating about.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals