Is the T4 component of thyroid responsible for the consistency of temperature as opposed to fast acting T3?

Advocate2021

i have morphed over many years with my ration of T3 to T4 and am currently taking 60 mcg T4 and 65 mcg T3 per day. Temps not optimal even though many other are things are. do you think more T4 could raise the temp more consistently and then if after a couple weeks dosing of t3 too high lower it? baffled by the stubborn temp when pulse rate steady at 85, cholesterol good, skin, hair , energy, menstrual cycles all good. Sleep and bowel of late could be a little better which also makes we wonder if upping T4 but not too much might be answer. Input? thank you!

aguilaroja

There are and articles by Dr. Peat, and many posts on the forum, about T4:T3 ratios.
If not already doing so, it might be helpful to give thought to dividing the daily T3 total (liothyronine/cytomel etc,) into smaller, more frequent amounts.
This has been encouraged by Dr. Peat, though some people taking combined forms do not divide doses much through the day.

OP
Advocate2021

Advocate2021

There are and articles by Dr. Peat, and many posts on the forum, about T4:T3 ratios.
If not already doing so, it might be helpful to give thought to dividing the daily T3 total (liothyronine/cytomel etc,) into smaller, more frequent amounts.
This has been encouraged by Dr. Peat, though some people taking combined forms do not divide doses much through the day.
Thank you yes I do that to an extreme I basically take my thyroid about 16 times per day so I get dividing it up and I've tried you know various ratios and it just seems like I do better with a one-to-one ratio almost but I was just wondering if anyone had experience with temperature being better when they added a little more T4 I'm thinking maybe I would just go up to maybe 75 or even 100 micrograms and I still wouldn't be at a two to one ratio but maybe it would make a difference if anyone has feedback on that please let me know

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals