It's Just Bad

So, no 'mega salting' like 5-10g a day?
I think I'm either chronically deficient in electrolites or overhydrated, or both.
Because I often feel very thirsty despite of drinking and using some salt. I got this problem since childhood but it just wasn't so annoying. When it's humid it's worse.
So you think these nurients will be absorbed?
I thought more doesn't mean better.
Though I definitely quit dairy.
Gelatine ubfortunetely gives me painful and smelly gas.

Eat the gelatine after a full course,on top so to speak.

Im entirely against mega salting,and gastrointestinal problems can be directly caused
by a kind of autoimmune-reaction triggered by the presence of salt.
It is rather new research,im not sure if Peat is aware of it.
i consume no more than 3 grams of Salt from all sources,3gram,and im fine with it.

Vinny

Meat (muscle) is the least problematic food, Jacob28

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Then why it creates so stinky gas?
Though organs are worse, that's for sure. Liver is particularly hard to digest, or gut microbiota loves it and makes smelly bomb from it.
And I still worry about high methionine content in meat.

LUH 3417

Though organs are worse, that's for sure. Liver is particularly hard to digest, or gut microbiota loves it and makes smelly bomb from it.
What about taking lemon with meat? Lemon. Or cider vinegar to help bile production

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

I have very damaged teeth and my gums are inflammed, don't know if it would be a good idea, also citric acid and acetic acid can irritate my gut, can't they?

Vinny

I dont know all the answers, my friend.

Your digestion is probably not good, thats why, but I speculate here. I dont get evil fart from it.
On organ flesh, completely agree with you. I think that, no matter their high nutritional content, they should be used very sparingly.
Every kind of food has some issues. Find the least problematic for you and stick with it till feeling better.

redsun

Lol, meat will not make any gas. Zero. Gas is from something else you are eating.

I dont know all the answers, my friend.

Your digestion is probably not good, thats why, but I speculate here. I dont get evil fart from it.
On organ flesh, completely agree with you. I think that, no matter their high nutritional content, they should be used very sparingly.
Every kind of food has some issues. Find the least problematic for you and stick with it till feeling better.

Very true.

I would bet that in the long-term,meat is the best for you,and gentle fruit like bananas.
Also,please take higher dosed Iron free-Multivitamin,wash coloring away under warm water,Vitamin C 1 to 3 grams,with food,
on top,B-complex higher dosed,Gelatine with food,it increases tolerability,less direct contact with stomach-surface,that applies to a lot of substances,chondroitine is said to be beneficial for GI tract upset.
Also,please try low dosed garlic,fine cut always with food,and increase dosage according to tolerance.
I believe it is helpful.you have to take all measures at the same time,your system needs things simultaneously.

Lol, meat will not make any gas. Zero. Gas is from something else you are eating.

True.It is bad Bacteria,hence garlic with the meat.
Or if you can get it ,oral Vancomycin,it is very strong antibiotic,but safe at the same time.
It doesnt get absorbed,and is active only in the entire GI tract.

Also:

For healing or strengthening the lining of the intestines the] nutrients that are most important are magnesium and vitamin A, just for the actual replacement and repair of cells, but the whole range of nutrients, protein, zinc, vitamin D; anti-inflammatory things like vitamin E and vitamin K. Everything is really essential ultimately for protecting the intestines.
#718)

Ray Peat

Vinny

oral Vancomycin,it is very strong antibiotic,but safe at the same time.
It doesnt get absorbed,and is active only in the entire GI tract.
Tristan, can you elaborate on its safeness, please, or what you wrote is all what you know about it? Thanks

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

Also:

For healing or strengthening the lining of the intestines the] nutrients that are most important are magnesium and vitamin A, just for the actual replacement and repair of cells, but the whole range of nutrients, protein, zinc, vitamin D; anti-inflammatory things like vitamin E and vitamin K. Everything is really essential ultimately for protecting the intestines.
#718)

Ray Peat

Yes, these are the facts, but I'm still quite unsure if those nutrients will be properly absorbed and work. You know, I can e.g take every possible vitamins and minerals, eat lots of fruits, meat, bone broth, gelatin, but what if some minerals( or coating/fillers/fibers etc.) will irritate my intestines, some of b vit will cause overmethylation, fruit will bloat me, bone broth, meat and gelatin the same, also producing those crazy farts? Won't it be pointless? Just doing opposite of what I want them to do?( if you know what I mean)

Yes, I am definetely exaggerating, but I'm very unsure and I'm just afraid( a little paradox) of doing something, like it would worsen my state or create another problems or I'll just spend lot of money and nothing will change. Typical low thyroid/metabolic disorder/elevated serotonin/low dopamine thinking.

I was absolutely feeling better when I had that fever, even my thinking was different. When it ended up, it was like going from childlike, higher energy, just urge to do something, positive state to apathetic, worried, groggy and pesymistic state of hybernation.
I miss it so much, almost as opiate induced euphoria and 'can't be a**ed' feeling ;)

Tristan, can you elaborate on its safeness, please, or what you wrote is all what you know about it? Thanks

The safeness commentary is in regards to lack of systemic effect due to a lack of systemic absorption.
I read about it before,but cant give more exposition on it,but remembered the trait of lack of absorption.

Yes, these are the facts, but I'm still quite unsure if those nutrients will be properly absorbed and work. You know, I can e.g take every possible vitamins and minerals, eat lots of fruits, meat, bone broth, gelatin, but what if some minerals( or coating/fillers/fibers etc.) will irritate my intestines, some of b vit will cause overmethylation, fruit will bloat me, bone broth, meat and gelatin the same, also producing those crazy farts? Won't it be pointless? Just doing opposite of what I want them to do?( if you know what I mean)

Yes, I am definetely exaggerating, but I'm very unsure and I'm just afraid( a little paradox) of doing something, like it would worsen my state or create another problems or I'll just spend lot of money and nothing will change. Typical low thyroid/metabolic disorder/elevated serotonin/low dopamine thinking.

I was absolutely feeling better when I had that fever, even my thinking was different. When it ended up, it was like going from childlike, higher energy, just urge to do something, positive state to apathetic, worried, groggy and pesymistic state of hybernation.
I miss it so much, almost as opiate induced euphoria and 'can't be a**ed' feeling ;)

You have to consume an excess of micronutrients to erase the consequences of your incurred micro-debt.
For the irritation,i said as much,is to consume possible irritants on top of your non-irritant food.
The surface area of the ingested substance which interacts with the GI tract gets diluted,diminished that way.
Least irritating Food first in a meal,preferably meat,it gets in contact with GI-liquids,
better more thorough digest,
then the next,ripe banana,then the supplements,also,chew them,make them small.

OP
Jacob28

Jacob28

You have to consume an excess of micronutrients to erase the consequences of your incurred micro-debt.
For the irritation,i said as much,is to consume possible irritants on top of your non-irritant food.
The surface area of the ingested substance which interacts with the GI tract gets diluted,diminished that way.
Least irritating Food first in a meal,preferably meat,it gets in contact with GI-liquids,
better more thorough digest,
then the next,ripe banana,then the supplements,also,chew them,make them small.

So you think I can help my body to heal itself by taking vits and minerals?
Then why do many people on this forum are absolutely against supplementing vits and minerals or taking only B1 or B3 etc.? They tell you that you cannot absorb it properly or they're very irritating, causing other deficiencies, or even harmful?! I am so confused.

Wonder if there are some people on the forum, who experienced improvement or even treat some illnesses with by taking vitamins, or macro, micro elements( high/low/'medium' doses?)

Anyway, I want to give it a try. What proportions and doses do you recommend? I know that many of elements interacts with each other or 'displace', deplete other ones.

Like D3 causing mg deficiency.

What forms are the best? Glicyne-based for minerals? I've found selenium chelate in powder, it has 0.2% of selenium content, but they don't provide any inf about composition or which kind of amino acid was used to chelate. It's sold as horse feed mix ;)
They also have copper chelate. It has green colour :O zinc, manganese.

I have already bought mg glicynate( 10% mg), thiamine, niacynamide, D3 in powder, calcium carbonate, vit. C .

So you think I can help my body to heal itself by taking vits and minerals?
Then why do many people on this forum are absolutely against supplementing vits and minerals or taking only B1 or B3 etc.? They tell you that you cannot absorb it properly or they're very irritating, causing other deficiencies, or even harmful?! I am so confused.

Wonder if there are some people on the forum, who experienced improvement or even treat some illnesses with by taking vitamins, or macro, micro elements( high/low/'medium' doses?)

Anyway, I want to give it a try. What proportions and doses do you recommend? I know that many of elements interacts with each other or 'displace', deplete other ones.

Like D3 causing mg deficiency.

What forms are the best? Glicyne-based for minerals? I've found selenium chelate in powder, it has 0.2% of selenium content, but they don't provide any inf about composition or which kind of amino acid was used to chelate. It's sold as horse feed mix ;)
They also have copper chelate. It has green colour :O zinc, manganese.

I have already bought mg glicynate( 10% mg), thiamine, niacynamide, D3 in powder, calcium carbonate, vit. C .

Couple ideas.
Dont overdo it on manganese.not more than 2mg a day supplemental.
A lot of digestion problems can come from Gastrointestinal Vitamin B1 deficiency,GI-tract Beri-Beri.
So your GI tract has no energy to take stuff up that needs active transport and thus energy required.
I would advise For higher dosed B50 B Complex and very high dose,1000mg-1500mg a day oral Thiamin as Thiaminhydrochloride or Thiaminechloridehydrochloride,not benfotiamin.
Copper,2-4mg.
zinc,10-20mg.10mg per sitting.
Niacinamide no more than 50mg per hour,no more than 100 to 200mg a day.
D3 4000IU a day.Loading,which is useful,20000 IU a day for 4 to 8 weeks.
Peat is a Fan of Calcium,im not so much,never had good experiences on it,can be highly inflammatory,i would take no more than 600mgto1000mg as
elemental Ca.
Magnesium as citrate i would take 500mg up to 1000mg per day,Glycinates seem fine also.
Vitamin C is very benign,500mg 4x a day,also reduces need for Vitamin E slightly.
Vitamin E i would advise long-term intake,years,150mg up to 2000mg a day.Very low toxicity.It has to be the natural RRR-form,or (d) form though,not D-L or "all-Racemic"
Also Liver, 50 to 100g a day.A source of Vitamin A and Copper.
I would advise strongly for boiled egg-intake of about 4 to 8 soft-boiled eggs a day.The contained Phosphatidylcholine-species
are lacking in all types of GI-tract-conditions,leading to tissue damage.
Also, against Peat-wisdom,low salt,like 1 to 3 grams of NaCl from all Sources.Not a big fan of "Salt" at all to be honest.
Also,if you cant stomach something at first,First meat,or eggs,then lo acid,ripe fruit like bananas,then the supplements
on Top,then wolfing it down with additional liquid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals