I want to update my ketotifen experience here.
I decided to get it a chance again after having painful pancreatic attack. Remembering that strong depression inducing effect of 0.5mg dose, I started from 200mcg and after 3 months I increased it up to 300mcg. I still have some heavy feeling in my right under-ribs but it is definitely much much better. There is no more sharp pain or random pain or pain after eating. And yep there is no depression side effects. Im looking forward to increase my dose up to 400mcg in next 3 months.

ddjd

Many people on the forum have reported struggling with poor digestion, and some have experienced relief by taking digestive enzymes.
do you think its safe to take digestive enzymes long term?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
do you think its safe to take digestive enzymes long term?

They should be needed long term, but I don't see a problem with using them for months or even years. People with the condition exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPO) take such enzymes for years without much trouble but I think the goal should be to restore digestion and then stop taking them. So, unless one has EPO it should be possible to wean off the enzyme once digestion improves. Even EPO should be reversible with something like ketotifen or another serotonin antagonist with antifibrotic properties.

@methylenewhite , thank you for sharing your experience. How is it going now? Have you increased dosage?
I managed to gradually increase it up to 600 mcg. But as far as I see minimal effective dose seems to be 200 mcg só Im back to 200 mcg to avoid side effects and get yet get sustainable results. I'm taking about IBS and chronic pancreatitis mostly.

Waynish

I managed to gradually increase it up to 600 mcg. But as far as I see minimal effective dose seems to be 200 mcg só Im back to 200 mcg to avoid side effects and get yet get sustainable results. I'm taking about IBS and chronic pancreatitis mostly.

Have you tried TCM? It doesn't seem like more than a few people on this forum understand how disruptive sweet, cold, damp things are for the spleen/pancreas.

Have you tried TCM? It doesn't seem like more than a few people on this forum understand how disruptive sweet, cold, damp things are for the spleen/pancreas.

Traditional health systems are inseparable bound to culture. There is no way to separate rational from culturally backed beliefs, thus any traditional medicine system should be ignored.

@methylenewhite , i'm glad it helps you! Are you going to take it prolonged time or in some short courses? Have you tryed low dose naltrexone?
I have 2 bottles of ketotifen syrup 120ml each. It's pediatric solution 200mcg/ml. I use a syringe to measure 1 ml. It gonna last me some 200 days more.
I was about to get naltrexone when I was in India some years ago but for some reason I refused to pay for it on pharmacy's cashier. I don't remember why.

Waynish

Traditional health systems are inseparable bound to culture. There is no way to separate rational from culturally backed beliefs, thus any traditional medicine system should be ignored.

You sound just like a materialist atheist! Haha!

You sound just like a materialist atheist! Haha!
What's wrong with materialism? I feel good thinking that the world works in a certain way and there is no creation and life is a state of matter that can adapt to challenges in the environment through Lamarckian principles.

I have 2 bottles of ketotifen syrup 120ml each. It's pediatric solution 200mcg/ml. I use a syringe to measure 1 ml. It gonna last me some 200 days more.
I was about to get naltrexone when I was in India some years ago but for some reason I refused to pay for it on pharmacy's cashier. I don't remember why.
Hey, methylenewhite, I recall you mentioned you can have access to any pharmaceutical, how do you do that? Have you befriended a pharmacist or a doctor or maybe you have a pharmacy near you where they sell anything without prescription? Just curious.

Wolf

Everything in balance.

Hey, methylenewhite, I recall you mentioned you can have access to any pharmaceutical, how do you do that? Have you befriended a pharmacist or a doctor or maybe you have a pharmacy near you where they sell anything without prescription? Just curious.

There are 2 doctors and one pharmacy owner in my Brazilian family.

Vinny

Waynish

What's wrong with materialism? I feel good thinking that the world works in a certain way and there is no creation and life is a state of matter that can adapt to challenges in the environment through Lamarckian principles.

Haha... If materialism is true, then how does believing in materialism cause you to feel better? I'm not telling anyone what to believe; the opposition to materialism is not belief. My reply was appropriate in response to OP's dismissal of TCM - especially since he's spent so much time researching and is likely doing things that are actively hard on his spleen (like many Peatarians are).

Haha... If materialism is true, then how does believing in materialism cause you to feel better? I'm not telling anyone what to believe; the opposition to materialism is not belief. My reply was appropriate in response to OP's dismissal of TCM - especially since he's spent so much time researching and is likely doing things that are actively hard on his spleen (like many Peatarians are).
Changes in the flow of electrons and subsequent changes in cell strcutures could be an explanation regarding why I feel better thinking like this. Doing something you don't desire to do could get in the way of the correct flow of electrons, making you feel suboptimal

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals