Lab Results - High LDL, Vit D Good Whats Going On

Andy316

Dear Peat'ers

I had a blood/urine test performed by my GP a week ago, as I had issues with weight gain, sleep issues (used to wake up at 2-3am everyday and not going back to sleep) and itchy scalp/Dandruff/hairfall. My GP after seeing my results thinks Im fine except for the high LDL cholestrol, but I would love to hear your feedback for any lifestyle/dietary changes you think is appropriate to get back to good health.

A bit of background about me is im 35yo, 189cms tall and 107kgs, living in Melbourne, Australia. I used to be a gym junkie in my 20s lifting heavy and eating fairly healthy (High carb, High Protein, low fat) but looking back dont think having a lot of artificial protein supplements/pre workouts were good for me overall. Since we dont get a lot of sunshine here in Melbourne, I went terribly low on my Vit D which I have managed to get back to normal (as indicated by my lab tests).

I appreciate all the help I can get from you. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Testresults.pdf
    298.3 KB · Views: 54

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your iron saturation is too low and ferritin too high. But it could be inflammation that is increasing ferritin and lowering transferrin, but it can also be a lack of cofactors that are causing improper iron handling. Your TSH is elevated and should be preferably below 1. Elevated cholesterol is usually caused by slow thyroid function because thyroid hormone, T3, increases the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone.

What does your diet like and what supplements do you take?

OP
A

Andy316

Hi Hans,

Roughly 50% Carbs, 40% Protein and 10% Fats. Supplements I take Magnesium Glycinate and Zinc.

QUOTE="Hans, post: 409688, member: 6808"]Your iron saturation is too low and ferritin too high. But it could be inflammation that is increasing ferritin and lowering transferrin, but it can also be a lack of cofactors that are causing improper iron handling. Your TSH is elevated and should be preferably below 1. Elevated cholesterol is usually caused by slow thyroid function because thyroid hormone, T3, increases the conversion of cholesterol to pregnenolone.

What does your diet like and what supplements do you take?[/QUOTE]

Hans

Forum Supporter
How is your digestion? Bloating?
What kinds of foods do your diet consist of?

OP
A

Andy316

How is your digestion? Bloating?
What kinds of foods do your diet consist of?

Bloating after meals especially after eating large amounts of meat, gluten and dairy though never been tested for coeliac or lactose intolerance. I dont do well on fruit juice so stopped consuming orange juice everyday, maybe have it once a week. My diet mainly consists of white rice, potatoes, greenbeans, peas, lamb or chicken, sometimes fish.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Improving gut health and digestion to where you got no bloating or digestive issues would help a lot to lower inflammation and improve your health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals