Lactoferrin Neutralizes Endotoxin ?

haidut

Forum Supporter
What y’all think of this study in regards to endotoxin, I am looking for things that truly naturalize endotoxins in the blood stream.

Would bovine derived Lactoferrin be applicable ?

Good fins, thanks for sharing.
Yes, it can deactivate LPS, but the study injected lactoferrin directly into the blood. So, the question is whether oral lactoferrin (from dairy or as a supplement) absorbs intact in sufficient amounts to achieve the same. My guess is the answer is yes. Btw, another thing that directly inactivates endotoxin is progesterone...and possibly other pregnanes such as pregnenolone, allopregnanolone, etc. And we know these are orally bioavailable.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Good fins, thanks for sharing.
Yes, it can deactivate LPS, but the study injected lactoferrin directly into the blood. So, the question is whether oral lactoferrin (from dairy or as a supplement) absorbs intact in sufficient amounts to achieve the same. My guess is the answer is yes. Btw, another thing that directly inactivates endotoxin is progesterone...and possibly other pregnanes such as pregnenolone, allopregnanolone, etc. And we know these are orally bioavailable.
Nice the only thing with progesterone is messing with hormones concerns me

artist

I came across this as well which was my original impetus for trying lactoferrin, and it worked well against the inflammation in my veins. It’s also a mast cell stabilizer.

Thalgo

I guess the question is: what's the best lactoferrin money can buy*? Life extention apolactoferrin?

Any idea on dosage?

(*and, that ships to Europe without getting stuck in customs for 2 months with no end in sight - sorry, still bitter about that. I'm not referring to lactoferrin btw)

David PS

I guess the question is: what's the best lactoferrin money can buy*? Life extention apolactoferrin?

Any idea on dosage?

(*and, that ships to Europe without getting stuck in customs for 2 months with no end in sight - sorry, still bitter about that. I'm not referring to lactoferrin btw)
According to one review, in various clinical trials, lactoferrin has been used in doses of 100 mg (milligrams) to 4,500 mg per day. These doses did not result in any known toxicities.
Lactoferrin does not appear to have toxicities or the potential for overdose. Also, because lactoferrin is not a required nutrient for human life, there is no upper limit (UL).
I use Jarrow brand. It has 250 mg. I have purchased it 7 times from Amazon. Jarrow has by far the most reviews for its lactoferrin at Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B0013OQGBYView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OQGBY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Osukhan

ive been using this pretty regularly, i like it

Thalgo

I use Jarrow brand. It has 250 mg. I have purchased it 7 times from Amazon. Jarrow has by far the most reviews for its lactoferrin at Amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B0013OQGBYView: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013OQGBY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
So in theory, you could literally take as much as needed to block all LPS?

David PS

So in theory, you could literally take as much as needed to block all LPS?
I always follow the recommended doses on the label. The various products that I have seen are all within a relatively narrow range. I would recommend that you research this point before taking huge amounts.

I do not like the blanket recommendation that suggests that one size fits all, but yet they appear on the labels and on the internet. There are other ways to reduce the effects of endotoxins.

It seems that age plays a factor as well in endotoxin levels.

ddjd

anyone found a good lactoferrin product in europe? jarrows brand has loads of bad excipients it seems @David PS

Korven

anyone found a good lactoferrin product in europe? jarrows brand has loads of bad excipients it seems @David PS
The best one for me has been lactoferrin from supersmart.com, but it's expensive as hell.

There are some cheap brands on amazon.de but I don't get the same powerful effects like from the supersmart.com one. I am probably gonna try the one @youngsinatra wrote about soon. I even tried to contact wholesalers to buy lactoferrin in bulk for a cheap price (possibly also to sell my own lactoferrin supplement) but haven't got any reply :angry:

Korven

There are a ton of lactoferrin supplements on the Italian market but they are all LOADED with excipients, so no bueno

loess

TheDogsDid-It!

Forum Supporter

Thank you for this Verywell Health article; it is one of the most intriguing I have read and makes me wonder about two things. The first I could research myself, which was wondering if lactoferrin is in sheep yogurt, because it doesn't mention sheep dairy as a source. Sheep yogurt is the most expensive part of my food budget, and something I thought to be my vice, because it is the only thing I can't seem to resist. I grew up on all things sheep, as did my ancestors, so I guess I gravitate to it. Below is the article:

Research by Caboni et al. (2019) showed that sheep’s milk contains the most lactoferrin and proteins that have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8122369/#B19-ijms-22-04364

Secondly, I'm wondering about this comment in the Verywell Heath article, "It has been suggested that the binding action of lactoferrin to iron does not allow bacteria to use iron to transport through the body". Does anyone know how this would affect lab test measurements for ferritin in the blood? Like, can it cause false low ferritin measurements? Sorry if a stupid question. I'm not a scientist, but spend a lot of time trying to figure out the conflicts of what my doctor knows and what my instincts tell me. The first time I listened to a Georgi interview with Dr. Mercola, he talked about how low ferritin can indicate a type of infection. I was sure that had to be the answer to my low ferritin my doctor keeps arguing with me about. He tests it quarterly and for over a year and keeps telling me to take iron, and I keep telling him I don't believe I'm low iron. I don't have the symptoms and asked for a full iron panel, which he said is a waste for useful information. I suggested parasites, etc., that could be the cause and he argues that, all my other blood work is too good for there to be a possibility of parasites and I don't exhibit symptoms. I finally won the battle for refusing iron supplementation after my micronutrient report shows iron levels are healthy. So I still wonder about the low ferritin, which is frequently "red flagged" as too low (recently: 13 ng/mL). My doctor seems to think the low ferritin will impact my energy, but I don't feel that. But anyway, any thoughts on lactoferrin's impact on ferritin measurements in lab tests?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals