LDL elevated, HDL and triglycerides in normal range

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Just got off the phone with a nurse from my doctors office she said my lab work was unremarkable except elevated cholesterol triglycerides and HDL in the normal range but LDL is 154.
I tend to be a stress case just wondering if this is anything to worry about anything I do I know cholesterol is a topic of debate. I am a 37-year-old male decenI am a 37-year-old male decent diet( try to avoid pufa )Thank you in advance for your responses

GTW

Looks implausible. LDL and HDL should add up roughly to TC. Maybe HDL is 70? In that case still good numbers from what I know.
The particular variables are often used to generate a ratio function claimed to be more relevant to health outcomes such as heart disease, stroke and longevity. TC\HDL or TG\HDL.

Peatress

Labs are not always correct

From the article

A study suggests that when blood triglycerides are lower than 100 mg/dL, LDL cholesterol levels are somewhat overestimated based on the formula labs use. That means your triglyceride levels are correct, but your LDL-C may be lower than what the results show. The lab may need to perform a different analysis to give you a precise LDL-C value if necessary [7, 8].

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Looks implausible. LDL and HDL should add up roughly to TC. Maybe HDL is 70? In that case still good numbers from what I know.
The particular variables are often used to generate a ratio function claimed to be more relevant to health outcomes such as heart disease, stroke and longevity. TC\HDL or TG\HDL.
You are right I just called the doc again my non Hdl is 170 my Hdl is 62

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Would these numbers concern you? Or am I over thinking it?

GTW

High triglycerides are a problem reflecting poor blood sugar metabolism maybe insulin resistance. Low TG is usually good.
If you have no overt health problems, what's your worry? Something you have not mentioned?
Admitting that I was similarly concerned for a period of years because my father died from an aneurysm at age 58.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
I’m generally in good health eat well or at least I think I do.. but have been having some weird symptoms like increase heart rate, palpitations, anxiety, fatigue… lately I’ve been able to get it under control. been to several doctors and ER they contribute it to anxiety panic disorder… I know stress anxiety definitely contributes but not sure what came first.

GTW

Blood sugar roller coaster associated with glycemic foods, alcohol and caffeine (sometimes any or all) caused anxiety and premature ventricular contractions for me. Knowing the causes was a big step ahead.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Blood sugar roller coaster associated with glycemic foods, alcohol and caffeine (sometimes any or all) caused anxiety and premature ventricular contractions for me. Knowing the causes was a big step ahead.
I’m sorry to hear about your father!

mostlylurking

I’m generally in good health eat well or at least I think I do.. but have been having some weird symptoms like increase heart rate, palpitations, anxiety, fatigue… lately I’ve been able to get it under control. been to several doctors and ER they contribute it to anxiety panic disorder… I know stress anxiety definitely contributes but not sure what came first.
Your symptoms made me think of a possible thiamine issue, maybe. Here's some suggested reading:

Thiamine (Vitamin B1)​

For anxiety, thiamine has been used successfully at doses of 250 mg/day to treat patients with anxiety disorders, including symptoms manifesting as chronic fatigue, insomnia, nightmares, anorexia, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, chest and abdominal pain, depression, aggression, headache, diaphoresis, and fevers of unknown origin. Among over 200 subjects, successful responders had deficient RBC transketolase which normalized in 73% of the subjects and led to disappearance or great clinical improvement in most of the symptoms.38
-end paste-
also:
also

Please note that there are several different types of thiamine available on the market. The dosage requirements for the different types vary a LOT. This is because thiamine hcl has very poor absorption through the intestine while TTFD thiamine has no problem, so a little research would be helpful when choosing type and dosage.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Labs are not always correct

From the article

A study suggests that when blood triglycerides are lower than 100 mg/dL, LDL cholesterol levels are somewhat overestimated based on the formula labs use. That means your triglyceride levels are correct, but your LDL-C may be lower than what the results show. The lab may need to perform a different analysis to give you a precise LDL-C value if necessary [7, 8].
Interesting! Thank you for this info

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Your symptoms made me think of a possible thiamine issue, maybe. Here's some suggested reading:

Thiamine (Vitamin B1)​

For anxiety, thiamine has been used successfully at doses of 250 mg/day to treat patients with anxiety disorders, including symptoms manifesting as chronic fatigue, insomnia, nightmares, anorexia, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, chest and abdominal pain, depression, aggression, headache, diaphoresis, and fevers of unknown origin. Among over 200 subjects, successful responders had deficient RBC transketolase which normalized in 73% of the subjects and led to disappearance or great clinical improvement in most of the symptoms.38
-end paste-
also:
also

Please note that there are several different types of thiamine available on the market. The dosage requirements for the different types vary a LOT. This is because thiamine hcl has very poor absorption through the intestine while TTFD thiamine has no problem, so a little research would be helpful when choosing type and dosage.
Thank you for this!

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Well update , I just had a follow up appointment with the doctor and he wants to prescribe me a statin.. He said all my other labs look great. He’s concerned about the ldl

mostlylurking

Well update , I just had a follow up appointment with the doctor and he wants to prescribe me a statin.. He said all my other labs look great. He’s concerned about the ldl
Statins are very bad. Cholesterol is protective. Lowering cholesterol with statins can/will cause injury/death. If cholesterol is high, it is a sign of hypothyroidism.
please read:
"The theory that heart disease is "caused by cholesterol" has gone through several stages, and most recently the use of the "statin" drugs has revived it in a radical way. One consistent theme for fifty years has been that people should eat more polyunsaturated fat and less saturated fat, to lower their cholesterol, and to avoid butter, cream, eggs, and "red meat," because they contain both saturated fat and cholesterol. Often, medical attention is focused on the fats in the atheroma, rather than on the whole disease process, including clotting factors, vascular spasms, heart rhythm, viscosity of the blood, deposition of calcium and iron in blood vessels, and the whole process of inflammation, including the reactions to absorbed bowel toxins.

Almost 100 years ago, some experiments in Russia showed that feeding rabbits cholesterol caused them to develop atherosclerosis, but subsequent experiments showed that rabbits are unusual in responding that way to cholesterol, and that even rabbits don't develop atherosclerosis from cholesterol if they are given a supplement of thyroid (Friedland, 1933). By 1936, it was clear that hypercholesterolemia in humans and other animals was caused by hypothyroidism, and that hypothyroidism caused many diseases to develop, including cardiovascular disease and cancer. There was already more reason at that time to think that the increased cholesterol was a protective adaptation than to think that it was maladaptive.

The strange idea that cholesterol causes atherosclerosis was revived in the 1950s when the vegetable oil industry learned that their polyunsaturated oils lowered serum cholesterol. (Many other toxins lower cholesterol, but that is never mentioned.) The industry began advertising their oils as "heart protective," and they enlisted some influential organizations to help in their advertising: The American Dietetic Association, the American Heart Association, the US Dept. of Agriculture and FDA, and the AMA. Besides the early rabbit research, which didn't make their case against cholesterol and might actually have had implications harmful to their argument (since Anitschkow had used vegetable oil as solvent for his cholesterol feedings), the oil industry helped to create and promote a large amount of fraudulent and unscientific work."
-end paste-
also this one:
" The blood lipid lowering drugs, statins and fibrates, impair mitochondrial respiration (Satoh, et al., 1995, 1994; Brunmair, et al., 2004), and increase the incidence of rhabdomyolysis (Barker, et al., 2003; Wu, et al., 2009; Fallah, et al., 2013). Interference with coenzyme Q10 is not the only mechanism by which they can cause myopathy (Nakahara, et al., 1998). The harmful effect of lowering cholesterol seems to be relevant to heart failure: "In light of the association between high cholesterol levels and improved survival in HF, statin or other lipid-lowering therapy in HF remains controversial (Horwich, 2009)."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals